September 13th, 2008

CNN poll of polls: McCain holds one point lead over Obama

Sen. Obama trails Sen. McCain by one points in Saturday's CNN poll of polls.
Sen. Obama trails Sen. McCain by one points in Saturday's CNN poll of polls.

(CNN) - Saturday’s CNN national Poll of Polls - which includes the new Newsweek survey - shows McCain leading Obama by one point (46 to 45 percent). Friday’s Poll of Polls showed McCain leading Obama by two points (46 to 44 percent).

The national general election "Poll of Polls" consists of four surveys: Newsweek (September 10-11), Fox News/Opinion Dynamics (September 8-9), Gallup (September 9-11), and Diageo/Hotline (September 9-11). The Poll of Polls does not have a sampling error.

1. Hillary 2012

This year registered democratic voters 45 million republican 31 million

Obama can’t get lead why?

Even Sarah Palin under stand how important Hillary is

If Hillary in that ticket this ticket will have double digit lead

Life long democrat and Hillary strong supporter will vote for Mc Cain
    Hillary 2012 /Mc Cain/Palin2008

September 13, 2008 09:59 am at 9:59 am |
  2. pat C.

MCCAINS DARLING HAS NOW BECOME A HUGE LIABILITY. THIS SHOWS THE NATION THAT HIS SNAP DECISION TO APPOINT MS. PALIN AS HIS RUNNING MATE WAS A WHIM AND SHOWS SUCH POOR JUDGEMENT AND NOW HE WILL PAY THE PRICE. HE IS NOT CAPABLE OF MAKING SOUND JUDGEMENTS IN THE BEHALF OF OUR COUNTRYS WELFARE. PALIN DIDN'T WORK LIKE HE THOUGHT SO NOW HE IS JUMPING ON IMIGRATION. WHAT A LAUGH WHEN IT WAS THE REBUBLICAN PARTY THAT STOPPED THE VOTE LAST YEAR . THIS MAN AND HIS NOW TANISHED LIPSTICK DOLL ARE GETTING MORE DESPARATE AND ARE SINKING LOWER AND LOWER IN THE EYES OF THE VOTERS.

September 13, 2008 10:00 am at 10:00 am |
  3. Wendy Canada

I don't trust the accuracy of polls. This election is different then any other due to cell phones. I also think that the excitement about Palin is going to fade now that she has to answer questions about issues, not just read the same speech every day. The media coverage of her has overshadowed the actual candidates. I'm looking forward to the debates, I'm sure even the polls will reflect the truth when the issues are the topic instead of this Palin soap opera.

September 13, 2008 10:01 am at 10:01 am |
  4. Mindscape

He's still ahead!

I'm so happy Americans are waking up and seeing Obama for the fake that he is.

He's flip-floped on virutually every issue, has not taken major stand on anything, and has not accomplished anything.

He's now trying to go negative on McCain, something he said he would not do.

I can't wait to see McCain crush him in the debates and I can't wait to see Obama fall.

McCain/Palin '08

September 13, 2008 10:01 am at 10:01 am |
  5. David in Indian Wells

Fortunately you can't fool all the people all the time. The Straight Talk Express has gone off a cliff and people know it.

The McBush/Palin lies have been pure evil.

September 13, 2008 10:02 am at 10:02 am |
  6. Annette, Washington, DC

The poll of polls are a useful tool, even when Obama was leading, I really did not pay that much attention, because this is not the primary. Those polls will continue to go up and down.

September 13, 2008 10:02 am at 10:02 am |
  7. pat C.

THE GLITZ HAS TURNED TO TARNISH ON SARAH PALIN AND THE POLLS WILL DROP DAILY GOING FORWARD. GRAVE MISTAKE ON MCCRAZY'S PART TO THINK ALL WOMEN WOULD JUMP ON HIS PALIN BAND WAGON. SHAME ON THE REPUBLICANS FOR NOT VETTING THIS FAKE FRAUD WOMAN BEFORE THEY RAMMED HER DOWN THE THROATS OF THE VOTERS!
    CREME ALWAYS RISES TO THE TOP AND OBAMA WILL PREVAIL.

September 13, 2008 10:03 am at 10:03 am |
  8. The Nightingale Sings in Berkley Square

I would hope it would be a lot higher. I can't imagine anyone voting for Obama. He is a windbag.

Don't believe him as he lies about our good American, John McCain.

Stop the lying and let's discuss the issues.

Obablaba is dangerous and is a clear and present danger to our way of life. He is risky. Don't gamble with our values.

September 13, 2008 10:03 am at 10:03 am |
  9. Janet, Female America Abroad

The Republicans always twist truths and use distractions including lies and deception. The Republicans, in general excluding a few who understand how to distinguish between the lies and see the truth.
    this is why you can put McCain and Palin into the same bucket as Bush and Cheney. Especially, when the CEO, COO, and other Rove still campaign managers are on the so called Straight Talk with a crook lip bus/airplane (or one would say HOT AIR BALLOON) trail!
    Yes, we all love a Reality Check before we can seriously differentiate between the lines, and if Sarah Palin is seeking the second highest position in Washington, then she is open season just like the rest of all the Political Leaders.

And, when a serious thinking voter in any election wants to research and understand where a candidate stands on all issues and their knowledge, then IT IS MY RIGHT AS A VOTER TO SEARCH OUT AND JUDGE FOR MYSELF BEFORE I CAN MAKE A TRUE AND LOGICAL VOTE.

Therefore distractions do not work with this Voter! I vote with my conscious, clear and concise!

If the McCain Campaign along with their VP Pick can not understand this – Then they better stop with the lies, deception and distraction.

For the Truth will bring this country back!

Senator's Obama and Biden has been open, especially after all the attacks from the media and scrutiny that has been place on them.

September 13, 2008 10:03 am at 10:03 am |
  10. will

I just want to know what is wrong with the American People. The economy is in the worst it has ever had been. Your American solders are still dying for reasons that are not truthful. Your children are suffering because of a lack of educational founding by the Bush administration. Ike is the problem now, but Katrina can't and should never be forgotten. The Republicans has done the something in ever Presidency since Reagan, they (Cut taxes) and big businesses say they can't provide jobs because they are not getting enough in their (tax brakes). Global Warming is Real and the Polar Bares are becoming endangered if they haven’t already?

Just to be real I will not have a problem going through another sex scandal but I just can see myself going through another 8 years of any Republican. I lived through the Reagan administration for 8 years and the Daddy Bushes administration for 4 years and believe me 12 years of Republicans was not fun times and it was more than enough. Trusts me I'm speaking from Experience and Education. Every time the Republicans take control of the White House the Job Market goes down. That is nothing of a mystery about why that happens, it is called (Out Sourcing) that is a process of where Big Business hire out for cheep labor across the seas and around the world while receiving (tax brakes )to do so, and big businesses make huge profit . The same thing happens every time a Republican takes control of the White House.
    Obama/Biden 2008

September 13, 2008 10:05 am at 10:05 am |
  11. AMY

Obama will take the lead again...Palin has some issues and the way she responded to the questions on the ABC interview...I sure would not want her as VP more less President....She's not ready to lead!!!

September 13, 2008 10:05 am at 10:05 am |
  12. Ardnuas

We Americans are very SMART..... we KNOW McCain has SOLD his integrity to win. We know Karl Rove, and George Bush's staff is running the McCain/Palin ticket...we deserve BETTER than this divisive, negative, dishonest ticket. Obama/Biden make us PROUD.

September 13, 2008 10:05 am at 10:05 am |
  13. Stan

I guess McCain was so impressed with the way the Republicans successfully Swiftboated him and Kerry, he is now using the tactic himself. I have lost all respect for McCain.

September 13, 2008 10:06 am at 10:06 am |
  14. independant voter,

AND IF YOU BELIEVE THIS POLL, YOU MOST LIKELY BELIEVE ALL THE REST OF MCCAINS AND PALINS LIES..
    OBAMA-BIDEN 08-O9

September 13, 2008 10:06 am at 10:06 am |
  15. Michael Ogu,Dortmund Germany

The polls of this time doesn't make much difference till after the debate and closer to the final election!

September 13, 2008 10:06 am at 10:06 am |
  16. MarioB. from Berlin FOR OBAMA

The Convention Bounce is over, puppets. :)

Obama for landslide win in November :D

September 13, 2008 10:09 am at 10:09 am |
  17. Rodger

When the American people realize all the lies and bad judgement by McCain....Obama will win by 15 points with 400 electoral votes.

September 13, 2008 10:12 am at 10:12 am |
  18. Bob in Fla

Bump effects fading, lies and hypocrisies catching up.

September 13, 2008 10:12 am at 10:12 am |
  19. Lady

================we the american people will NOT select
    LIARS for the office anymore============

Enough of the same.

john mcliar shame on you

September 13, 2008 10:12 am at 10:12 am |
  20. Dee

How can a man & woman call them self a Christian and continue tell lie after lie, they know it's a lie the American people know it's a lie, it's been proven to be a lie, yet they keep telling them.

I don't see any change other than the stealing of another mans ideas.

The only fresh idea keeps coming from the same camp while the other camp hides in the corner with a stolen play book.
    Do we really want a pair that will lie to our face and think we are stupid enough to believe the lies?

September 13, 2008 10:14 am at 10:14 am |
  21. John

Thats it! I had it with McCain, my vote now goes with Obama. I thought McCain was better than this. All these recent ads were lies and gross distortions to say the least. I was voting for McCain because I thought he was a man of his word..where is the "straight talk" McCain that I loved from 2000. McCain has no Character left when he think that America is stupid enough to believe these ads he are running. This Republican is voting for Obama!

September 13, 2008 10:14 am at 10:14 am |
  22. The Nightingale Sings in Berkley Square

Hey I heard that Joe got five deferments and missed Vietnam. I spent two years there and a lot of my friends did as well.

Wonder what Joe was doing?

Haven't heard of Mrs. Osama for awhile. Wonder if she is in the pig pen looking for her man.

Osama is a sexist and has a funny name for our president.

McCain will protect our country and our values. Osama will give a speech.

September 13, 2008 10:14 am at 10:14 am |
  23. Dom

This has got to be a joke. I think shameless lying ads like this will undo the momentum of the McCain camp. 'You can't just make stuff up'

September 13, 2008 10:16 am at 10:16 am |
  24. will

I just want to know what is wrong with the American People. The economy is in the worst it has ever had been. Your American solders are still dying for reasons that are not truthful. Your children are suffering because of a lack of educational founding by the Bush administration. Ike is the problem now, but Katrina can't and should never be forgotten. The Republicans has done the something in ever Presidency since Reagan (Cut taxes) and big businesses say they can't provide jobs because they are not getting enough in their (tax brakes). Global Warming is Real and the Polar Bears are becoming endangered if they haven’t already?

Just to be real I will not have a problem going through another sex scandal but I just can not see myself going through another 8 years of any Republican. I lived through the Reagan administration for 8 years and the Daddy Bushes administration for 4 years and believe me 12 years of Republicans was not fun times and it was more than enough. Trusts me I'm speaking from Experience and Education. Every time the Republicans take control of the White House the Job Market goes down. That is nothing of a mystery about why that happens, it is called (Out Sourcing) that is a process of where Big Business hire out for cheep labor across the seas and around the world while receiving (tax brakes )to do so, and big businesses make huge profit . The same thing happens every time a Republican takes control of the White House.

Obama/Biden 2008

September 13, 2008 10:17 am at 10:17 am |
  25. Listen Up...

Well, I'm not buying it. Unless this is more celebrity hype of Sarah Palin showing. I can't accept that most Americans believe the lies coming from McCain. He strikes me as someone who knows this is his last shot at the presidency and he's will to do whatever he can to win it. His own party couldn't get interested or excited about him until Palin came along, and now he thinks he has a real chance.

He is a liar and his reponse on The View about why the campaign has a negative tone says so much about the kind of leader he will be. I'm not willing to take any kind of chance on his sanity/health and I DEFINITELY do not want to see Sarah Palin have to step in as President not even for 1 minute. Just think, if McCain has to go under the knife for any reason, she moves up to #1 for a short time. It's sad, but his ambition is so great and his health is so questionable that he is willing to risk it all by giving us that cocky wacko as #2. I'd have less of an issue with him if had picked Pawlenty or someone else.

September 13, 2008 10:18 am at 10:18 am |