September 13th, 2008

CNN poll of polls: McCain holds one point lead over Obama

Sen. Obama trails Sen. McCain by one points in Saturday's CNN poll of polls.
Sen. Obama trails Sen. McCain by one points in Saturday's CNN poll of polls.

(CNN) - Saturday’s CNN national Poll of Polls - which includes the new Newsweek survey - shows McCain leading Obama by one point (46 to 45 percent). Friday’s Poll of Polls showed McCain leading Obama by two points (46 to 44 percent).

The national general election "Poll of Polls" consists of four surveys: Newsweek (September 10-11), Fox News/Opinion Dynamics (September 8-9), Gallup (September 9-11), and Diageo/Hotline (September 9-11). The Poll of Polls does not have a sampling error.

1. inuk of the north

It must have been a humbling experience for BO to be knocking on Bill Clinton's door and asking for help in the campaign.

'Bill, pulleeeeez, help me. I'm sinking. The people are turning against me. I'm down in the polls. I'm stuck with Biden and McCain has Palin. I should have taken Hillary – is it too late, Bill? And I'm trying to link McCain with Bush but it doesn't wanna stick. People are calling me names and don't believe what I say. Help me Bill'.

I wonder what deal the ex-prez negotiated with Barack?

September 13, 2008 10:35 am at 10:35 am |
  2. Clinton Supporter For Obama

Yesterday 2 point lead. Today 1 point lead. I see a trend coming. It's good to see that America is finally seeing the light and I see an Obama lead next week. Obama puts his country first and his plans and policies prove it. More for the people, less for corporate thugs that's running our economy through the tubes. If the American people elects McSame and Pitbull in office. We deserve what's coming for us. I guess Voting for Bush twice hasn't brought us new light.

No more bull.
    Vote Obama/Biden 08

September 13, 2008 10:35 am at 10:35 am |
  3. mr. reality

obama will be up next week

September 13, 2008 10:35 am at 10:35 am |
  4. Pepou

LIes and deception in order to win at all cost ! Is this what Mr, McCain and Ms, Palin call "putting country first" ?
    For the first time of my life in this country I am truly frightened at the idea that an old, nasty, incompetent fool and his dimwit nominee for VP may bring us to a global catastrophe. I want my children to believe in the future. McCain/Palin offer a holocaust.

September 13, 2008 10:36 am at 10:36 am |
  5. Kenny

McCain is resorting to lies and smears to win, but i believe ultimately Obama will win because truth is on his side.

September 13, 2008 10:36 am at 10:36 am |
  6. Brian

That picture is hilarious. The caption should be:

"Obama escorts McCain to the nursing home."

September 13, 2008 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  7. Andrew

And now Barack understands that he cannot afford to be sitting on his hands! Ever since the McCain camp cast the image of celebrity staus on Obama, the Democrats have been losing control of the campaign. An with the energetic, if controversial, choice of Palin, McCain has taken control of the debate even more.

As an Obama supporter, I say this with all due respect. Get off your fanny Obama! Get out there! Show the American public your dynamic and authoratative side, like you id the last two Democratic conventions.

If you/we your supporters sit by complacently there's going to be a huge upset November 4th.

September 13, 2008 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  8. Donald Burke

Any women that can shoot a ak47 gun,field dress a moose and nik name is the{baracuda) is enough experence for me!!!...shes got my vote to be a heart beat away from the president!!!! not.

September 13, 2008 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  9. Louis from FL voting OBAMA!

CNN puts headlines on their front page because they like McCain...they like the way Bush handles the country and they are scared of change. Simply put: an Obama presidency would hurt their bottom line.

September 13, 2008 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  10. Susan

And the number will continue as people find out what a sahm your VP choice is!

September 13, 2008 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  11. deborah, WV

Yeahhhhhhh!!!

The tide is turning back in favor of common sense. McSame can hide behind Palin and dirty political ads all day long, but in the end the people will speak - ENOUGH!!!

Gotta go....doing some door to door work today for Obama!!!

September 13, 2008 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  12. S. Boatman

Mccain Is Coming Back Down Now That His Novelty Act Is Wearing Off!

September 13, 2008 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  13. PETER KAHARA

YOU GOT IT?????
    MCCAIN GONNA WIN. HILLARY WILL TAKE HIM OUT ON 2012.

September 13, 2008 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  14. Captain Obvious

I guess Palin's new car smell is starting to wear off. I hope the American public starts to recognize that they are potentially electing a lemon that will break down the moment it's needed...it's like the public is trying to elect her rather than McCain. That's scary, and that's ignorant. I think they're starting to figure that out.

September 13, 2008 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  15. Lawrence for barack

yesterday mccain was winnin by 2 today its 1 point, people actually watch the palin interview

September 13, 2008 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  16. Marc in NW GA

I don’t know what country some of you live in but I think the USA is the greatest country in the world and as far as the last 8 year people are quick to forget that we had one of the lowest unemployment rates in history. Our country production output per man-hour has increased due to the tax breaks given to corporation in research of process improvements to keep jobs here. We start increasing tax on cooperation and what do you think will happen to US jobs. Does anybody remember who sold our country out to free trade (Bill the Dem)? I can’t believe the Unions supported him.
    And as far as our country’s safety there hasn’t been one terrorist attack in our borders since 911. They don’t want to talk peace THEY WANT US DEAD!!!! Who was a sleep at wheel for 8 years before that (Bill the Dem)?
    Let talk Education now I am a single father raising two girls 11 and 9. And I have to say that my oldest daughter has learned more by 5th grade then most graduating student have learned in the past. She attends a public school in Georgia and understands and is fluent with higher level math skills like algebra and geometry.
    Now there is energy. We are the are the world leader in nuclear research and I live within 50 mile of one nuclear power plant and 200 mile from another. I have no fears of anything happening. And if we have resources use them. We still need to keep looking for better ways but we need to use what we have reduce our foreign dependence.
    One last thing, Health Care, our government needs to keep there hands out of it. What they need to do is start garnishing that wages with and holding there income tax return of people that have health insurance available to them but don’t get it. This would lower it for all of who play by the rule and expect government hand outs. Our government doesn’t owe us anything but a safe and free place to live. We need to start being accountable for ourselves.
    So I feel the only change we need is to clean up and reduce our government.

September 13, 2008 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  17. Shiv

If McCain wins, this will truly reveal the idiocy of America.

September 13, 2008 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  18. Tom

McCain and Palin appear to have peaked, and if the mainstream media does its job from here on out, there will be a steady deflation of that ticket as the truth comes out about their ongoing lies and about Palin's corruption, lack of qualifications, and unpreparedness. That interview on ABC is pathetic! She knows NOTHING about foreign affairs and sounds like a grade schooler trying to answer the questions.

September 13, 2008 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  19. PUMA 4 HILL

Do we want to elect the selection of Hollywood and the DNC?

Do we want to be told who we are going to vote for?

Check out CAUCUSFRAUD.COM

I will not vote for the least qualified that has ever been put up, not elected, as a candidate. If we don't stand for our basic of democratic rights and freedoms what will come next?

NO WAY, NO HOW, NO OBAMA
    Where's the BEEF?
    NO BEEF, NOBAMA!

September 13, 2008 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  20. IllinoisRepublican

I have voted Republican all my life. Sarah Palin's views and lack of depth are disturbing. The ABC interviews are revealing. She is naive at best. Her shallow understanding of the economy and foreign affairs will hurt McCain's bid and be potentially harmful if she really became Vice President. They say Obama is an empty suit but she is not ready for sure. As a Republican, I am concerned. Palin may be the deal breaker for me this election.

September 13, 2008 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  21. ZYEDCO D

The pail effect will fade away just like previous American Idol contestants.

September 13, 2008 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  22. RC

If America wakes up and see thru all the lies and deceitfulness of Mcshame and his RELIGIOUS RIGHT WING GROUP, O.B. should be up by 20 points

September 13, 2008 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  23. toni

IT AMAZES ME THAT OBAMA HAS ALL THIS MONEY AND JUST ABOUT EVERY NEWS NETWORK BEHIND HIM, AND HE STILL HASNT CLOSED THE DEAL. TELLS ME THE AMERICAN PUBLIC IS HAVING BUYERS REMORSE, AND IS STARTING TO SEE THERE IS NO EXPERIENCE OR SUBSTANCE BEHIND HIM. HE SEEMS TO BLOW WITH THE WIND ON HIS ISSUES ALSO. I AM A HILARY SUPPORTER AND WAS STILL GOING TO VOTE FOR HER, BUT PALIN IS SWAYING ME. I LIKE HER ALOT. SHE HAS A GOOD RECORD AND ISNT AFRAID OF CONFLICT. SHES NO HILARY, BUT I DO THINK SHE WAS A VERY GOOD CHOICE.

September 13, 2008 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  24. louis

Only the electoral college counts–270 and you win.

September 13, 2008 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  25. Chuck

As a Senior Citizen from the Great State Of Ohio and an Independent Voter, I am so turned off by the negative and untrue ads being run by the McCain people. It was a toss-up as to who to vote for but the last week has allowed me to make up my mind. Never will John McCain get my vote or the vote of my wife. He and his negative ads have turned our votes to Obama. Many of our friends have the same feeling in the last week. McCain speak to the issues. It is the economy that we are most worried about.

September 13, 2008 10:42 am at 10:42 am |