September 13th, 2008

CNN poll of polls: McCain holds one point lead over Obama

Sen. Obama trails Sen. McCain by one points in Saturday's CNN poll of polls.
Sen. Obama trails Sen. McCain by one points in Saturday's CNN poll of polls.

(CNN) - Saturday’s CNN national Poll of Polls - which includes the new Newsweek survey - shows McCain leading Obama by one point (46 to 45 percent). Friday’s Poll of Polls showed McCain leading Obama by two points (46 to 44 percent).

The national general election "Poll of Polls" consists of four surveys: Newsweek (September 10-11), Fox News/Opinion Dynamics (September 8-9), Gallup (September 9-11), and Diageo/Hotline (September 9-11). The Poll of Polls does not have a sampling error.

1. margie(alabama)

I HOPE AMERICA WILL REALIZE THAT THE REPUBLICANS ARE LIAR AND NOT TO BE TRUSTED AND THINK WE ARE TO DUMB TO REALIZE IT

September 13, 2008 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  2. Mike from Wet Texas

Everyone wake up, we are being dooped by the McCain-Rove crew, and they have convinced the voters and the media that Palin is qualified to be VP. Think about it, do you really believe in your heart that Palin could run our country if McCain become president and something happen to him.

I am amazed how so many people can be fooled by non-sense and lies. McCain throws out very negative ads full of lies and the media don’t call him out on it. When he is asked, he says well I asked Obama to go out on town home meeting with me.

Palin repeats herself over and over with her stumped speech that is also full of lies.

Wake up people, because if we continue to fall into this trap the McCain-Rove crews are spewing, then we better get ready for another 4 years of McCain/Bush economics, two wars, gas/energy, and the biggest debt in our history.

WAKE UP AMERICA; don’t let the FOX NEW and all the Rightwing Nuts still this election like they did for the last 8 years.

September 13, 2008 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  3. Ann Smith

Americans wake up? In case you missed it. The World has voted Obama 49% and 12% for McPalin. This does mean something for you? Find out on BBC World – Polls (22 countries and thousands of people interviewed). Would you prefer seeing other countries burning US Flag everywhere than seeing tem welcoming American president Obama and VP Biden as the World great leaders for US & the World? If you can still think, please try...

September 13, 2008 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  4. Carlo

I love this country a lot... I am a christian who will fight every where at any time to help USA have a fresh look around the world. Yes I will do anything to help Obama..because we the real people are tired of Bush/Maccain/+
    Yes in God we trust and for America we will make big sacrifice.

No Maccain..no Palin...No Bush 3rd

Obama/Biden08 + Clinton in the Sup..Court

September 13, 2008 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  5. AYESHA

bush also looked idiot and dumb and he won two elections. Only qualification to win US presidential election is how dumb and stupid r you?. how easily you can be briefed(brain washed)?. I still do not understand What a US president actually does?

September 13, 2008 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  6. Peace

One point ahead!!!!! Why dont you say its tie??? or may be Obama is ahead as you do not include Cell phone polling into your consideration . We all know the big supporters of Obama are Teenagers and they are not included in your polling!

Your polling serves as to give a bad feeling to his supporters! which does not reflect the really truth.

September 13, 2008 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  7. Wathcful Enthusiast........

I truly wonder how these polls are conducted as I have never been involved in it........ How many people are at home to do this since its done with the land phone?

People should not be fooled by this polls... Let us continue to listen to the campaigns and hope that points concerning ordinary Americans will be discussed by the parties and that they wont continue to pick holes on each other

September 13, 2008 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  8. Concerned Voter

Thank God! Obama will just further erode everything this country once stood for; including our most basic freedoms.

September 13, 2008 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  9. observer

Where's Michelle in that pic? I noticed BO is keeping Michelle out of site these days. wonder why?

September 13, 2008 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  10. Steven

I'm sure which is the weaker candidate Obama for not dominating the polls in a low republican year or is it because he is black or John McCain that the only way he could increase his lead is via a woman the republican woman that the base could more identify with, than him.

September 13, 2008 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  11. Marge Hibbing Mn

The way obama is floundering everybody can tell he is way in over his head. . Well look, he is just a fish out of water...he jumps on this, and then he jumps on that and the most stupid of all...computer knowledge. Heck if that was the case why in the world isn't Bill Gates and Steve Jobs the candidates. Or is that another of the so called wonderful accomplishments obama attributes to himself. After all according to him he is an expert on everything. Does he really need a VP and a cabinet, well after all, according to him he does everything.

September 13, 2008 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  12. CE

Obama is not qualified to lead this country and he achieved his nomination through back-room deals, ignoring the majority of the Democratic Party voters.

For many (millions) of us that is not acceptable. We will vote for McCain in November and then start cleaning house to help rebuild the Democratic Party.

September 13, 2008 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  13. ryan

I didnt know that the president is picked by the national polls.......what are the state to state polls shaping up to be oh yea OBAMA up in all the key battle ground states

September 13, 2008 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  14. Jorge

From the high road to the gutter.

The Straight Talk Express to the Trash Talk Express.

September 13, 2008 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  15. Maddy

How idiotic to say poll of polls doesn't have sampling error. Sampling error is inherent to the polls themselves and therefore carries over to the poll of polls if not worsen the prediction. CNN should hire new statisticians.

September 13, 2008 10:47 am at 10:47 am |
  16. Jeffrey

Wow, the race looks tight. (I don't think it really is). A lot of smoke from the Republicans thrown up over the last 2 weeks. McCain's campaign is now embracing change. The only change we can get details on is the straight talk express is in a pit stop and they now relentlessly attack with ads/statements of little truth or value to the American public.

September 13, 2008 10:47 am at 10:47 am |
  17. ANGELA

polls do not result in who would actual win the election. I think people are really losing sight to what the real issue is in this campaign and that is issues that barack obama has been saying for over 19months that people are suffering and struggling. Everyone is so caught up in sarah palin, however it is the real issues that we should be looking for both presidential canidates policies. Just as Hilliary and Bill Clinton said, at the end our lives will be affected. Quit getting so hype up about sarah palin, issues is what matters to me and my family angela orlando, florida

September 13, 2008 10:47 am at 10:47 am |
  18. Vik

The poll of polls is supposedly tight. However, as a Hillary Clinton supporter, I see that the momentum has steadily shifted away from Obama. I am deeply saddened by the way the Democratic party self destructed in picking Obama over Clinton. When they had a chance to salvage it, Obama under pressure from the Pelosis and Deans chose not to vet Clinton. How stupid on his part... well, history wont be kind to these fools when they lose an election that was so easily in their grasp.
    My sense is that McCain will win by over 7 points by the time this momentum has stabilized. Palin has truly energized the country and it is hard to stop. She is a natural, and in comparison Obama is beginning to sound more contrived.

September 13, 2008 10:48 am at 10:48 am |
  19. Mary

The poll of polls is yet again another red herring. These polling calls are made to landlines and not cell phones. I do not have a home phone and a majority of my friends and colleagues do not...and if they do it is only to get Tivo so it is never answered. So who exactly is sitting at home during the day answering pollsters on their home phone.....not the kind of people who are going to vote for Obama...so the polls are skewed and we will find that out in November. So CNN, you can stop boring us with your numbers.

September 13, 2008 10:48 am at 10:48 am |
  20. Obama, Obama

I can't believe any self-respecting person watches "the view". Its a bunch of radical "has-been" women who use foul language and smut talk. Join Oprah in the most loss of viewers this fall. The program should be banned due to profanity and indecency.

September 13, 2008 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  21. obama 08-12

It is just 1 point, I smell trouble for mcccain camp in upcoming weeks, he should be worried now.those polls don't include college students, newely democrats registered and obama still leading in electoral college.

September 13, 2008 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  22. Rob

don't believe it–these polls don;t include people that use only cell phones–which are most young people and new voters.. so these polls are bogus and mean nothing until the polling system is changed to reality .

September 13, 2008 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  23. Mommy Independent

Didn't you all just say that... Its the electoral college duhhh....... State by State Cnn....And maybe if the "reporters" forcused on the real issues and not lies from Mccain he wouldn't be up.. I am so sick of lieing politicians. You had a hand in selling the Iraq war to us so I hope your going to start reporting real reporting.. Not Access Hollywood fluff reporting. If you dont want to be blamed for this election like you were for the war you better get started.. Report people on the issues.... Why aren't you outraged that Mccain says he is going to "win" this war in iraq. But I have never heard how. Whos going to ask that question? I am sure all the military personel would love to know this as well. Scince its there lifes on the line for us. Or how about education, fixing the buget I haven't heard anything. I heard Mccain say were going to fix washington ok, HOW??? Obama I have heard ideas and he said he would pay for them by ending the war in Iraq. Ok so we know how hes going to pay for these ideas. I wish I new what Mccain was going to do.. I hope that people will open there eyes Mccain is Bush. And last night a heard Palin wanting to tell me what I can and can't do with my uterus.. Ok so Republicians wasnt government out of our lifes and in to womens uterus??? What are you kidding me?? GET A CLUE AMERICA!!!!!!!!

September 13, 2008 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  24. Another grumpy old white woman for Obama

Polls are lies. We have had 5 polling calls to our home. They will ony speak to the MALE voter of the household. You figure it out ladies.
    The "fix" is in when it comes to "polls" . Do not believe them.!
    This is especially ridiculous when you consider that we outnumber male voters.
    Want to be under paid, barefoot and pregnant? Vote GOP
    Want true equality? Vote DEM.
    It is that simple.

September 13, 2008 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  25. RJ, CA

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McCain / Palin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 13, 2008 10:51 am at 10:51 am |