September 15th, 2008

Biden introducer: Palin is 'bucket of fluff'

FLAT ROCK, Michigan (CNN) – Barack Obama and Joe Biden have been saving their fire on the stump for McCain and all but ignoring Sarah Palin. But a nervous supporter who introduced Biden in Flat Rock didn’t have any qualms about jabbing the Alaska governor.

“Barack Obama has made an intelligent choice for the vice presidency,” said Barbara Theaker from the podium, “How so very different this is from that bucket of fluff that the Republican candidates have chosen for the same position.”

Watch the introduction at Monday's Biden rally

Biden smiled and moved towards the edge of the stage feigning an attempt at escape but came back, taking the mic a few minutes later. “I’ll tell you what, you are good,” Biden said. “My lord, all I need is ten of you in America and this is a walk home.”

Filed under: Joe Biden • Sarah Palin
  1. Diane

Go Barbara! She certainly let her opinion be known and how correct she is. Obama and Biden should concentrate on McCain and ignore Palin.

September 15, 2008 08:55 pm at 8:55 pm |
  2. Ron

and that about sums it up. ten more sexist like him to spread the word endorsed by Biden who is endorsed by Obama

September 15, 2008 08:59 pm at 8:59 pm |
  3. Lorna, NY

I knew Sarah in high school. Can I be her Director of Finance?

September 15, 2008 08:59 pm at 8:59 pm |
  4. John 64 years old Independent

Bucket of Fluff? – I think that's being entirely too kind, she is a sack of lies! This ambitious little lady has made it a habit of just repeating her lies hoping that someone out there will believe her, just a few percentage. Why, because her and her running mate don't have a real message, they love things the way they are now. The George Bush agenda is what Sarah and John have for a platform and the American people have rejected this policy so, off they go telling their merry lies!

September 15, 2008 09:00 pm at 9:00 pm |
  5. Bulldog

She IS........so why is this news? So is the McCain camp going to call this woman a sexist for calling Palin a "bucket of fluff"? Without a doubt they will.

September 15, 2008 09:00 pm at 9:00 pm |
  6. Fred C Dobbs

Can we ever forget Barack Obama talking before a large group about Hillary Clinton while brushing cheek with his middle index finger. The crowd roared as they immediatley got the message.

Vulgar and offensive just seems to be a main part of the Obama-Biden theme.

September 15, 2008 09:01 pm at 9:01 pm |
  7. Greg

Joe who?
    Isn't this the same person who couldn't even win his home statre in a primary? Enough said.

September 15, 2008 09:02 pm at 9:02 pm |
  8. Equal Rights

So, big-town Americans are once again belittling small-town Americans by making disgusting remarks about small-town lady.

Mr Obama must tell his supporters, to start respecting rural Americans, and stop their hate-speeches.

September 15, 2008 09:03 pm at 9:03 pm |
  9. jm from sc

Amen!!! McCain thought they could hide Palin's track record from the media until after November. Not so; this is America where the freedom of the press is exercised to the fullest extent.

Obama/Biden 08

September 15, 2008 09:04 pm at 9:04 pm |
  10. Reagan

Congress run by Democrats such as Biden and Pelosi = 9% approval rating

Bush administration = 20% approval rating

Sara Palin as Govenor of Alaska = 80% approval rating

Democrats are the problem with our economy!

No more socialists, feminists, and marxists in Washington!

McCain/ Palin 08

September 15, 2008 09:04 pm at 9:04 pm |
  11. Interesting....

.... how the DemoNcrats have chosen ones to go after Palin so they won't seem "sexist".......

September 15, 2008 09:04 pm at 9:04 pm |
  12. Sacto Joe

A bucket of fluff with lipstick, she meant....

Senator McCain hasn't got a CLUE about the economy! He thinks everything's just fine!

And his right wing book-banning VP is utterly at sea on this and almost any other issue.

Why would anyone even CONSIDER electing these two to the White House???

September 15, 2008 09:08 pm at 9:08 pm |
  13. Erin

How ignorant of Barbara Theaker or anyone else from MI to be supporting a Democrat given that their state economy, lead by a Democratic governor from Canada (Jennifer – the original "bucket of fluff") TANKED years ago!

September 15, 2008 09:08 pm at 9:08 pm |
  14. Edward

Actually, she is well-tanned "fluff" since she let go of the chef and instead had a private tanning bed installed in Alaska's governor's mansion!

September 15, 2008 09:09 pm at 9:09 pm |
  15. Ons

It’s true I don’t see anything that McCain saw in her beside getting Hillary Clintons supporters, this election is deeper than Pelin we need someone who can deliver and that’s why am on Obama’s side a guy who promised that “my VP wont be just someone to send to funerals but someone who will be ready to fold his sleeves and go to work and I saw exactly that

September 15, 2008 09:09 pm at 9:09 pm |
  16. Independent

HAHAHAHAH...I heard that when she said and I literally fell off my chair laughing. People at work were looking at me funny, but it was worth it...ah "bucket of fluff" lololololol

September 15, 2008 09:11 pm at 9:11 pm |
  17. Ed, Santa Fe, NM

and she won't meet with investigators into one of her vendetta scandals???? what a surprise

September 15, 2008 09:16 pm at 9:16 pm |
  18. Repub

Sarah was for the "bridge to nowhere" before she was against it (only when funds were stripped from the project) – hardly the "I told Congress if we needed a bridge in Alaska we'd build it ourselves" reformer moment she has made it out to be...AND her aerial wolf and grizzly bear hunting "management" programs are in a word, brutal. No thanks.

September 15, 2008 09:29 pm at 9:29 pm |
  19. Steve A. , New Braunfels , Texas

This is the vice presidency of the United States of America we are voting on, not the next contestant on Jerry Springer," Just say no " to Palin/mccain.

September 15, 2008 09:29 pm at 9:29 pm |
  20. neil

Wow, what an intelligent comment, " bucket of fluff " , this is an election not a school yard fight. Pathetic, sad and typical of American politics.

September 15, 2008 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  21. Barbara - NC

I understand whats-her-name was granted executive privilege by McCain in the state of Alaska.

That's the transparency we'll have – oh, can't wait to FINALLY get away from the Bush/Cheney secrecy.

You going to censor like sinderbrand does Marq whatever your name is?

September 15, 2008 09:52 pm at 9:52 pm |
  22. Ted

@Greg: He had dropped out a month earlier.

September 15, 2008 09:52 pm at 9:52 pm |
  23. teresa

As a US Army veteran and of course a woman. I am appalled how every comment made to respond to Palin is in the news. If she wants to play in the big league, and she can give out the rhetoric, then she must be able to take the flak.. Shame on you media that you have made this race about Palin...She is not running for president...Where is McCain....All i hear is how she has energized the party...Take a hint, the condition of this nation, The Republican party should have already been energized. To make a difference in this sad state of our nation, McCain should have already been energized...Give the republicans and the media this message from the people...The cause is bigger than Palin...So next time McCain and Palin speak, think about the cause and how you plan to change the nation.

September 15, 2008 09:52 pm at 9:52 pm |
  24. Deb

Remember when she was on some interview and she said " what does the vice president do?" Boy that makes me feel real confident if something were to happen to McCain...I think she should be known as "Scarey Palin", not Sarah Palin!

September 15, 2008 09:53 pm at 9:53 pm |