September 15th, 2008

Scenes from the trail: Palin stays behind the curtains

ALT TEXT

Sarah Palin and her husband Todd - along with senior staffers - sit in the front of her campaign plane, separated from the press by these curtains. Sarah Palin has yet to speak to the reporters traveling with her campaign. (Photo credit: Peter Hamby/CNN)

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Mike

I don't ever remember any political candidate that the press was excluded from talking to. What is she afraid of? That the voters might find out where she stands on the issues? The Republican campaign with this woman is just ridiculous. You can run, Sarah Palin, but you can't hide forever. You will be exposed.

September 15, 2008 09:09 pm at 9:09 pm |
  2. Christina

reminds me of the wizard of oz....pay not attention to the woman behind the curtain...she is trying to figure out how to consolidate 5 colleges for a four year degree.

What is she going to do with all those hidden emails..and does the first dude actually speak of is he just the puppet master.

September 15, 2008 09:09 pm at 9:09 pm |
  3. KAY

She refuses to speak and the media is still okay with this behavior. I am disturbed by her overall and the actions of the media. Come on...media!

September 15, 2008 09:09 pm at 9:09 pm |
  4. DaveD

I presume she uses this time to spend with her family. You know balancing her political obligations with family obligations, like the libs are afraid she's incapable of doing. Seems like a good time to do that.

September 15, 2008 09:15 pm at 9:15 pm |
  5. Daryl from Seattle

She is so unqualified for this! If it's not a 'canned' speech handwritten by somebody else with somebody else's views, she's just a Governor in over her head. How can she possibly meet with other world leaders as a representative of our nation if she can't even field reporter questions!?? What does she think other world leaders are going to do? Let her pull out a speech on paper and read it to them???

September 15, 2008 09:15 pm at 9:15 pm |
  6. GEEZER/GIDGET '08

Sarah and Todd are getting their versions of Troopergate to coincide.

HE SAID SHE SAID: Especially, now that she has refused to cooperate with the investigation because it is "TAINTED WITH POLITICS".

FACT: The committee investigating is composed of 3 REPUBLICANS and 2 DEMOCRATS. So, now have republican joined the conspiracy to bring this woman down??

September 15, 2008 09:16 pm at 9:16 pm |
  7. 8toolong

of course they can't interview her, that would be "sexist." It's been verified that she's a liar, what else do we need to know anyway.

September 15, 2008 09:16 pm at 9:16 pm |
  8. sam

she is kind of dim – reminds me of Bush but with the charm replaced by a cunning

September 15, 2008 09:17 pm at 9:17 pm |
  9. Curtains for America

I can see behind that curtain. Sarah is strapped to a chair like the guy in a Clockwork Orange. She's being shown Republican propaganda over and over again, with some McCain staffer putting eyedrops into her braced-open eyeballs. She keeps repeating the phrase "You can't ever blink. You can't ever blink. Don't think. Don't blink."

September 15, 2008 09:29 pm at 9:29 pm |
  10. Snuffy Smiff

Sheesh, give me a break! The woman is travelling on an airplane for crying out loud. Maybe she doesn't like to get out of her seat. I know I don't when I'm flying. She has been busy preparing for speaches and interviews and meeting people during events. She has a family to care for and events to keep up with. She still is the Governor of Alaska, you know. Just because the press reporters want her to talk to them so they can report disrespectful things about her it's suddenly necessary for her to follow the press's adgenda instead of her own. I suppose Obama has been leaving the cocoon of opulence in his new jet to meet with them when ever they demand it, too!

September 15, 2008 09:29 pm at 9:29 pm |
  11. Skyeyesds

ok I don't think they are going to show my thoughts, so I will try again.
    Palin is restricted to behind closed curtains so we the people won't know what she is being told to say. Can't speak on her own., can't talk to the press. What is super "Drama Queen'. She can't get out and pitch her ideas like the rest of them?
    We are in serious trouble America. If we don't Stop and look at the situation we are in today and stand up and Voice our rights then we have no right to open our mouth and say anything about what could lay ahead for this country.
    What is going to happen to our children, our grandchildren and even our great grandchildren?
    What is going to happen to our planet? Whats going to bring health care to millions of men, women and children? What about Jobs? Economy? Education? What will it be like in 4 yrs?

September 15, 2008 09:52 pm at 9:52 pm |
  12. Pape, Delaware, OH

I still cannot believe that we are still having the debate over which direction to take this country. Truth is I am worried for this country. I am scared for the level ignorance that millions of Americans are victims of. If history teaches us anything, it is that no country is safe from a downfall. This election is probably the most important in the history of this nation. While Europe, Russia, Japan, China, and India's economies are growing at sometimes remarkable rates, millions of Americans still buy into the arrogance that the republican propaganda is running. The fact is that this country is headed for a failure of epic proportions if McCain and Palin are elected. They will continue the Bush/Cheney trends and drag this country further in debt and deeper in mishandled foreign policy catastrophes. Palin not talking to the press should clearly sound the alarm for all voters that this person is not ready for national executive power. It used to be that only the smartest and the ones who have shown proof of good judgment, were taken seriously for the presidency; However, the last 8 years have shown that the American people have deviated from that principal. Well, I think it is time to go back to electing intelligent minds such as Obama and Biden. AND ... REGINA, please stop the lies.

September 15, 2008 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  13. Dumb Hick

I'm so glad to have at my disposal such a paragon of moral and intellectual superiority as presented in these comments. I wish I had as much prescience as this fine group does so that I can know exactly what other peoples’ intentions are.

September 16, 2008 01:13 am at 1:13 am |