September 16th, 2008

McCain rips Obama over Streisand fundraiser

Barbara Streisand will be at Sen. Barack Obama's California fundraiser Tuesday night.

(CNN) – As he heads off to a high-dollar fundraiser featuring Barbra Streisand, Barack Obama is hoping the politically-active singer can help him capture the White House.

So is John McCain.

Speaking at a campaign event in the working-class Democratic stronghold of Youngstown, Ohio, the Republican presidential nominee said Obama “talks a tough game on the financial crisis, but the facts tell a different story.

“...He put Fannie Mae’s [former] CEO, who helped create this problem in charge, of finding his vice president. That’s not change - that’s what’s broken in Washington,” said McCain.

“Talk about siding with the people, siding with the people just before he flew off to Hollywood for a fundraiser with Barbra Streisand and his celebrity friends,” he said. “Let me tell you my friends, theres no place I’d rather be than here with the working men and women of Ohio.”

Streisand, a staunch Democrat, is scheduled to perform at a $28,500 a head Obama fundraiser Tuesday night in Beverly Hills, California.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama • John McCain
  1. Horace Jones

You liberal demmies are just upset that McCain is kicking your "junior" senator's butt in the polls. The people of America have caught on to the "empty suit" that is why McCain is going to win this election. When he loses are you going to claim racism?

September 16, 2008 06:53 pm at 6:53 pm |
  2. FreeNLovIt

If you love America, stop complaining about taxes.. pay your taxes...!!!! Save America!!!

Stop asking for a Tax Cut!!!

September 16, 2008 06:53 pm at 6:53 pm |
  3. Marie

I have a new name for them; Mcpain!

September 16, 2008 06:54 pm at 6:54 pm |
  4. jim in indiana

BARBARA IS LIKE BUTTA!

September 16, 2008 06:54 pm at 6:54 pm |
  5. Schneider (I) - CA

J UAN CARLOS September 16th, 2008 6:25 pm ET

P L E A S E———S A V E——-M E—–A ——–T A Q U I TO

Dude, your posts are always lame right-wing crud...but this one had me laughing out loud!

September 16, 2008 06:55 pm at 6:55 pm |
  6. Jake

I like how all the Obamaramas have missed the important piece of the very concise article above.
    Obama cannot come out strongly against republicans on the economy because Fannie and Freddie both had prominent Dems at the helm. He had to get cozy with the Washington Dems to get the nomination and can't turn back now. The absolute opposite of his early appeal. He folded like a lawn chair, and I feel bad for him.

September 16, 2008 06:55 pm at 6:55 pm |