September 16th, 2008

McCain rips Obama over Streisand fundraiser

Barbara Streisand will be at Sen. Barack Obama's California fundraiser Tuesday night.

(CNN) – As he heads off to a high-dollar fundraiser featuring Barbra Streisand, Barack Obama is hoping the politically-active singer can help him capture the White House.

So is John McCain.

Speaking at a campaign event in the working-class Democratic stronghold of Youngstown, Ohio, the Republican presidential nominee said Obama “talks a tough game on the financial crisis, but the facts tell a different story.

“...He put Fannie Mae’s [former] CEO, who helped create this problem in charge, of finding his vice president. That’s not change - that’s what’s broken in Washington,” said McCain.

“Talk about siding with the people, siding with the people just before he flew off to Hollywood for a fundraiser with Barbra Streisand and his celebrity friends,” he said. “Let me tell you my friends, theres no place I’d rather be than here with the working men and women of Ohio.”

Streisand, a staunch Democrat, is scheduled to perform at a $28,500 a head Obama fundraiser Tuesday night in Beverly Hills, California.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama • John McCain
  1. Emma

The McCain camp of advisors and supporters sound like whining children. The whole lot of them are so ignorant!

September 16, 2008 06:29 pm at 6:29 pm |
  2. vince

John McCain: My friends, I'm am losing on the issues so I'll complain about unimportant matters, my friends! MY FRIENDS!!!

September 16, 2008 06:29 pm at 6:29 pm |
  3. james

simple,if obama is cheated like clinton /gore win i voted for the two and now its in the mix again i just hope the dems are on point with the polling this time because the fix is in.also what about the poor?the same,o thats what we get .and i never look for no hand out just a meaningful good job in the field i went to school for,but that dream has long been shatterd so i ,ve taken all kinds of jobs.since then.the poor in nj james.

September 16, 2008 06:29 pm at 6:29 pm |
  4. ralph

My freinds, I'm John McCain and I have no honor and i lie so much that, heck, I'm not even sure what country I'm in.

September 16, 2008 06:30 pm at 6:30 pm |
  5. Travis

I am not happy at all that I am paying for McCain’s party and I want my money back that is not why I pay taxes ....If Obama is getting his money becouse people are giving it to him than so should McCain

September 16, 2008 06:30 pm at 6:30 pm |
  6. VB

McCain stick to the issues..the economy is in trouble...The Fundamentals are not strong.

September 16, 2008 06:31 pm at 6:31 pm |
  7. MJ

This is exacly why there should be no political parties. George Washington had the right idea. I mean really, who cares about who gives money to who.

The issues are this. The Republicans have lost me due to the earmark explosion for 6 years from 2001-2006 under the liberal spending George W. Bush. The Democrats have lost me because they have been in control of congress for the last two years – and things have gotten worse!! In 22006, the Dems campaigned on earmark reform, etc., and the budget continues to explode as now they are airdropping earmarks with no budget review whatsoever. So that's just what I want, Dems running the whole Washington show, with the biggest idiots on earth, Pelosi and Reid running the place. Wake up people, this country will be 50 to 60 trillion dollars in debt by mid-century!!! And nobody cares!!!! Phil Graham is right. As a nation, we're just not real bright because we keep electing these idiots.

September 16, 2008 06:31 pm at 6:31 pm |
  8. sally

I guess McCain forgot to mention the fundraiser Palin was at in Canton today at a country club....wow I wonder how many "hardworking Americans" were there. We'll never know because it was a PRIVATE EVENT unless you had enough money to get in. Hey "question" were your kindof friends there?!?!

September 16, 2008 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  9. Josephine Brown

Mccain & the Pain for President my A.. they are not going to win. Wait & see. God is not going to let it happen. They are both represent the Bush administration. Inspite of what it looks like, the American people are not that stupid, to re-elect the same old stuff.
    I know the deep south have a lot of ignorant races people that may not want to vote for a man of color but they don't really have any choice. Remember, the democrats will celebrate on November 4.

September 16, 2008 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  10. eric

would you just look at the idiotic whinning post on here from the left. I love it. liberals at their best

September 16, 2008 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  11. Wayne

Another distraction. McCain talks about Obamas Hollywood fundraiser even though McCain enjoys Oil fundraisers.

The GOP will do ANYTHING to make you think the last 8 years did not occur.

OBAMA 08

September 16, 2008 06:33 pm at 6:33 pm |
  12. Republicans= stupid

For all those Mccain lovers, who keep saying their country is not for sale, you couldn't sound dumber if you tried (and you tried) George Bush sold this country to the big oil executives, and now our soldiers are dying for no reason and in the end our children and grandchildren are going to pay for it all, but hey COUNTRY FIRST RIGHT?

September 16, 2008 06:33 pm at 6:33 pm |
  13. Republican from TX

Hey PUMAs, you are all so whiny and annoying! McCain/Palin doesn't need your pathetic votes!!

September 16, 2008 06:33 pm at 6:33 pm |
  14. Pollster

28,000 dollars a head – where is the out rage towards these elitist Dems.

September 16, 2008 06:34 pm at 6:34 pm |
  15. CNN loves McCain

Hello? GOP trolls? It's called a FUNDRAISER. McCrazy is attending one of his own tonight. His girl Friday went to one yesterday and raised 1 milion...hosted by one of the biggest outsourcers of AMERICAN JOBS in the business world.

Can you people be this stupid???????

September 16, 2008 06:34 pm at 6:34 pm |
  16. Darrel from Denver

McCain is now grasping at straws. His circus of elephants is starting to come apart at the seams and he is not able to clean up after them fast enough.

It was only a matter of time...

September 16, 2008 06:34 pm at 6:34 pm |
  17. john

Mccain you are confused again go back to your rocker and have some more Bush kool aid....

September 16, 2008 06:34 pm at 6:34 pm |
  18. Carol, AK

Oh boo hoo McCain. Another shiny metal object to keep the press from talking about JMac's foot in his mouth yesterday. He said the fundamentals are strong. Wrong Wall Street had a horrible day yesterday, but that doesn't matter, John will draw a smiley face on his calendar anyway.

McSame, not ready for prime time.

O/B 08

September 16, 2008 06:35 pm at 6:35 pm |
  19. AC

This man is the most hipacrity per I have ever seen. He can go to his fundraisers but if Obama does- OH MY GOD HE'S A CELEBRITY. America don't fall for this mess. We have too many serious things going on. Honestly if people vote for this idiot and he wins we are in BIG TROUBLE.

My head hurts

September 16, 2008 06:35 pm at 6:35 pm |
  20. ted d

Give it a rest, John. You'd sell your soul - oops, you already have - to win the Presidency. So stop the hypocrisy. It just doesn't wear well. Everyone is tired of your whining, your lies, and your stupid appointments.

September 16, 2008 06:35 pm at 6:35 pm |
  21. ALLAN USA

OBAMA LOVERS-TELL ME WHAT GOOD ABOUT OBAMA? HIS BLUE LIPS. SO HE NEED LIPS-STIK. ROBERT WEXLER LOOKS IDIOT WHEN HE TALK ABOUT OBAMA. NO HRC -NO OBAMA.

September 16, 2008 06:35 pm at 6:35 pm |
  22. Colo Sprgs, CO

P.O.W. in McCain's case stands for Pathetic Old Warmonger!

September 16, 2008 06:36 pm at 6:36 pm |
  23. Travis

This is a job that they are applying for would why would anyone hirer the people in the office that stab everyone in the back to get ahead because the only one getting anywhere is going to be them

September 16, 2008 06:36 pm at 6:36 pm |
  24. Thelma, ND

Can you say jealous boys and girls?

John stick to the subjects you know–War, war, war, and more war, war, war. Trot Cindy Lou and Sarah too out every now and again, and go back in your corner and talk about war, war, war.

Leave the economy to Barack.

Obama/Biden 08

September 16, 2008 06:37 pm at 6:37 pm |
  25. Mary

Could John McCain be a bigger jerk? Ms. Palin is all over the tabloids...so who is the celebrity? Get that senile old man out of my face.

September 16, 2008 06:37 pm at 6:37 pm |