September 19th, 2008

Clinton steps up efforts

(CNN) – Hillary Clinton is stepping up her efforts to push her supporters to vote and campaign for Barack Obama.

“As we continue to read the headlines about our troubled economy, the stakes of this election only get higher,” Clinton said in a Friday message. “Today I am asking all of you to hit the phones, hit the road and spread the word that we must elect Barack Obama President and we must send a filibuster-proof majority to Congress.”

Clinton’s political action committee, HillPAC, is launching a new grassroots movement on Saturday morning that will help mobilize volunteers to phone-bank, blog and canvass for Obama and other Democrats in tough congressional races. This effort, called “Hillary Sent Me!” will focus on a different battleground state each week.

“This is a call to action,” Clinton said. “We all have a role. And there is not a moment to lose. Tell them that Hillary sent you.”

Clinton’s speech to the Democratic National Convention at the end of August helped to bridge the gap between the two former rivals, as the former presidential candidate formally asked her delegates to vote for Obama. But John McCain’s campaign has continued to highlight Clinton voters who have endorsed the Republican nominee in a bid to woo disaffected former backers of the New York senator.

Hillary Sent Me! will send supporters to New Hampshire the weekend of September 27 to campaign for Obama and Jeanne Shaheen, a Democrat who is fighting for GOP Sen. John Sununu’s Senate seat. The group will mobilize volunteers in Ohio and Pennsylvania in the middle of October.

Filed under: Iowa • Mitt Romney • Popular Posts
  1. Kim

Why? she doesn't owe this empty suit anything. Let his running mate stomp on his behalf.

September 19, 2008 07:06 pm at 7:06 pm |
  2. Helen

I love you Hillary...

Obama took you out..... now PALIN is in.

September 19, 2008 07:06 pm at 7:06 pm |
  3. Hillraiser

I gave $4,600 to your campaign but I'm voting McCain/Palin in November

September 19, 2008 07:06 pm at 7:06 pm |
  4. Millie Howell

Has anyone paying attention to Sarah Palan's speaches lately. She sounds like she is the presidential candidate and John McCain is the VP. If GOD forbid JohnMcsame should win this election Sarah Palin would be Mrs. President and her husband will be come the VP and maybe just maybe JohnMcsame might get the job of making and bringing them COFFEE""""""""""""""""""""""""'

September 19, 2008 07:06 pm at 7:06 pm |
  5. Sarah Bell

WASP!!! WomenAgainstSarahPalin

September 19, 2008 07:08 pm at 7:08 pm |
  6. Insanity

I can't wait for the so-called Hillary supporters to comment now. Sorry Hillary, but I'm still voting for McCain, I liked you Hillary but I can't vote for O'bama. I was a Hillary fan but although McCain/Hillary don't argee on anything I'm still voting for McCain. Why not this instead...I I liked Hillary because she was a woman that's all and now because she's not there I show my true colors and switch parties, or I was never for the democratic party I was for the woman in the party. Pathetic.

September 19, 2008 07:08 pm at 7:08 pm |
  7. the other jd

Thanks, Hillary!

September 19, 2008 07:10 pm at 7:10 pm |
  8. Relevant

Great move from Hillary! Democrats MUST win!

September 19, 2008 07:10 pm at 7:10 pm |
  9. Lesley

Go Hillary! I'm glad to see that the campaign is hitting all 50 states. I personally think it's a mistake to only focus on the so-called swing states. I'd like to see Obama and Biden hit the states that are said to be leaning their way to shore up support!

September 19, 2008 07:11 pm at 7:11 pm |
  10. rachel

love ya hill, sure hope you have some roll in O's administratiion for all your hard work.

September 19, 2008 07:11 pm at 7:11 pm |
  11. NG in DC

Hillary for President!

Okay, maybe next time.

September 19, 2008 07:13 pm at 7:13 pm |
  12. Francisco Cardenas

Hillary is sending me to the polls to vote McCain ... so I can vote for a real President in 2012 – Hillary Clinton!

September 19, 2008 07:13 pm at 7:13 pm |
  13. Maggie From Virginia

Sign Me Up!!!

September 19, 2008 07:13 pm at 7:13 pm |
  14. Barney

We're trying in NC to get rid of DOLE – she was ineffective when she headed Red Cross, and she's been ineffective here. Guess one could say that Elizabeth has been "on the dole" for too long, big bucks for a lousy performance is no longer acceptable.

Obama/Biden '08

September 19, 2008 07:13 pm at 7:13 pm |
  15. paul

I hope we'll see those supporters in Nevada where we have 3 women running for congressional seats in the November election....

September 19, 2008 07:13 pm at 7:13 pm |
  16. linda from prescott

September 19, 2008 07:13 pm at 7:13 pm |
  17. Supported Hillary, but...

Like many in my demographic, I supported Hillary (and I've always backed Bill).
    She *was* the best candidate for the job.
    And I live in a depressingly red state, so I never get to see the Dem candidates "live" - we are a lost cause here in TX.

That said, it's hard to fathom (from down here at least) whether Hill or Bill have worked hard enough or sincerely enough to convince their backers to wholeheartedly endorse Obama. The polls (for what they are worth) just shouldn't be this close!

I hope this isn't "too little, too late".
    We know you're bummed about losing the Dem nomination, Hill (and Bill), but put on your big girl panties and get to work for Obama/Biden.
    Please just do the right thing for our country, so that we don't have to endure 4 more years of abject misery!

Go Dems! ANY Dems!

September 19, 2008 07:14 pm at 7:14 pm |
  18. Scott L

@Sue, please tell me how Sarah Palin is a liar. So far, all the internet myths about her have been debunked and she appears to be the most genuine America candidate running.

You all vote Democrat, raise taxes...it is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my life.

Obama will never win the White House (you will remember Scott L on Nov 5th), but in case he does, remember me when your morning coffee price goes up $.50 cents because the owners cannot afford the higher taxes.

September 19, 2008 07:14 pm at 7:14 pm |
  19. tiffany in ohio

Im with you to hillary. Obama was always my first choice but i would have voted for HIL to. LETS GO GETEM!!!!!

September 19, 2008 07:15 pm at 7:15 pm |
  20. Sarah

Do you think changing the party will bring good result on US economy?

September 19, 2008 07:16 pm at 7:16 pm |
  21. Kent, Winston Salem, NC

Way to go Hillary, We need a strong person in the house to get the job done, I think that is your greatest strength.

September 19, 2008 07:17 pm at 7:17 pm |
  22. Jessica

GO HILLARY! Anyone with half a brain knows that Clinton will be better served with Obama in the White House than McCain. So called "PUMAS" who have switched from Clinton to McCain were only voting on the basis of Hil's anatomy to begin with.

September 19, 2008 07:17 pm at 7:17 pm |
  23. desert panther

What does she mean a moment not to lose?Get serious Hillary,I like "Hillary is here " and in the game.Why is a so reluctant to go on the road and fight for her party?

September 19, 2008 07:17 pm at 7:17 pm |
  24. Charlene, CA

Now this is the HIllary that we know and love. I'm so glad to see that she's put aside her differences and realized that her and Obama are so much on the same page and that she is really honestly trying to work with him to make this country a better place. GO HILLARY!

OBAMA/HILLARY 2012

September 19, 2008 07:18 pm at 7:18 pm |
  25. Leanne

PROOF!! Palin is absoluely no Hillary.

GO OBAMA, you have my support!

September 19, 2008 07:18 pm at 7:18 pm |