September 19th, 2008

Clinton steps up efforts

(CNN) – Hillary Clinton is stepping up her efforts to push her supporters to vote and campaign for Barack Obama.

“As we continue to read the headlines about our troubled economy, the stakes of this election only get higher,” Clinton said in a Friday message. “Today I am asking all of you to hit the phones, hit the road and spread the word that we must elect Barack Obama President and we must send a filibuster-proof majority to Congress.”

Clinton’s political action committee, HillPAC, is launching a new grassroots movement on Saturday morning that will help mobilize volunteers to phone-bank, blog and canvass for Obama and other Democrats in tough congressional races. This effort, called “Hillary Sent Me!” will focus on a different battleground state each week.

“This is a call to action,” Clinton said. “We all have a role. And there is not a moment to lose. Tell them that Hillary sent you.”

Clinton’s speech to the Democratic National Convention at the end of August helped to bridge the gap between the two former rivals, as the former presidential candidate formally asked her delegates to vote for Obama. But John McCain’s campaign has continued to highlight Clinton voters who have endorsed the Republican nominee in a bid to woo disaffected former backers of the New York senator.

Hillary Sent Me! will send supporters to New Hampshire the weekend of September 27 to campaign for Obama and Jeanne Shaheen, a Democrat who is fighting for GOP Sen. John Sununu’s Senate seat. The group will mobilize volunteers in Ohio and Pennsylvania in the middle of October.

Filed under: Iowa • Mitt Romney • Popular Posts
  1. Kate Fergus

If you supported Hillary in the primaries and you vote for McCain, then you are the hypocrites. McCain's policies are totally opposite to those of Clinton's. You are willing to sacrifice your country so that next election you can vote for Hillary?? That is not loving your country. Hillary has shown she loves her country because she has recognized that Obama is the only choice left to get the country back on track. Four more years of Bush policy and Palin lies will take the country down to third world status. There may be nothing left for Hillary to save after four more years of the GOP. WAKE UP!!!!!

September 19, 2008 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  2. Rickymo

Hillary will fill the vacancy that will happen on the Supreme Court when Obama is elected and that will help protect important laws like Roe v. Wade that are clearly under attack again by the Mc Same and Palin team. We are only one vote away from a lot of laws protecting all of us being taken away.

September 19, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  3. Steve

Thanks, Hillary. Soon, all of your rational supporters will be on board with Obama. The "post-rational" (thank you, Rachel Maddow) crowd, some of whom can be seen here, are a lost cause, and good riddance.

September 19, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  4. PUMA 4 HILL

We are here for you Hillary... not Obummer.

Still for Hill and Bill. They worked for us and have proven themselves.

Check out CAUCUSCHEATING.COM and you will see that Hillary is the clear winner. BO and his thugs stole this election.

NEVER OBAMA!!!

September 19, 2008 09:22 pm at 9:22 pm |
  5. Joshua College Station Texas

Go Hillary!

Why is this article filed under Mitt Romney?

September 19, 2008 09:22 pm at 9:22 pm |
  6. independent

What does these politicians think of us – Stupid? If hillary says vote for me we will vote for her. Now she says vote for obama, we will vote for obama. She says obama is immature we need to beleive that and when she says that he is the most eligible candidate, we need to beleive that too. Ridiculous politics.

September 19, 2008 09:22 pm at 9:22 pm |
  7. observer

We just love you Hillary! Eve my 5 year old daughter is a fan. I will tell them Hillary sent me.

You will forever be in our hearts and go down brilliantly in history.

September 19, 2008 09:23 pm at 9:23 pm |
  8. Coolrob317

I thank HRC for all the support she is giving Obama. We all know that she should have been his running mate, but since she isn't and she stills supports him proves that she is a true Democrat. But for all of you people that call yourselves Hillary supporters, but won't vote Democrat, you never truly were a Democrat in the first place, so if your excuse is that ( I wanted Hillary) then we don't want or need you at all, go on over to Mclie and Palie, and help your country to suffer more hard ship then we already have and are.

Sold out for a piece of bread, how sad

" TRADERS "

September 19, 2008 09:25 pm at 9:25 pm |
  9. Curtis - Marietta, GA

Thank you Senator Clinton! You understand that at this moment, this is bigger than anything we've had to face in a long time! You understand that its time for us to come together and push this country forward. What makes this country great is that when we WORK TOGETHER, we can accomplish anything. Again and sincerely, thank you for all that you do! You ran an amazing race and I believe it made you stronger.

Now, Obama and Hillary Supporters, we have to take the lead of our LEADERS and really face what this election is about. It's about a whole ton of people who showed up in January and February to say that they want change, they want to hope again, they want to feel GOOD AGAIN! They want "To Brighten Up the Darkness". We heeded their call....but in different forms. One, A person from a humble background that worked his way up and another a battle tested veteran that command respect. We had a tough go at it, but we ended up with one nominee. Let's agree that both sides said some things they shouldn't have. But let's also agree that we wanted the same things:

We want to Hope Again.
    We want to HELP Again.
    We want our close neighbors to come home and our other neighbors to respect us again.
    We want our kids and grandkids to have a better life than us.
    We want to be hopeful about the future again, not scared.
    I WANT to do more FOR my country than complain!
    I want to have the money to help a friend in need, not have to ignore them just so I can squeek by.

Saying that, look and listen at the candidates. Look and decide who really shares what you want for this country. Get through the noise, especially some of the most recent. You will find that it speaks volumes what you see about who's being truthful and who's trying to keep that dream that we shared alive. Senator Clinton and Senator Obama made each other stronger while sharing the same goal. Now it's up to Us. Yes, YOU and I Can!

September 19, 2008 09:27 pm at 9:27 pm |
  10. democrat in mich

As a Clinton supportor I will not vote for Obama....Obama dogged Hillary and the dem party wanted Obama. As a women Obama treated her bad and so did the democratic party. So its McCain for many of us Hillary supportors and hopefully she will run in 4 years and I as others will be there for her. But no way on Obama. I do not like him and no money or person will change my mind as many other Hillary supportors feel the same way......McCain all the way............

September 19, 2008 09:27 pm at 9:27 pm |
  11. Palin is no Hillary

Hillary,
    You are a force to be reckoned with. We love you! Thanks for helping us in this fight. Change is in the air....

Obama/Biden 08/12
    Hillary 2016

September 19, 2008 09:29 pm at 9:29 pm |
  12. ellington7

Game on.

P.S. I Hope Hillary is genuinly supporting obama because if she isn't, she can forget about getting my vote if he loses, and I don't care how screwed up the country gets with mccain.

September 19, 2008 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  13. Ken

Obama/Biden will NEVER get my vote for the main reason that I feel that Hillary Clinton, who won the popular vote, was not named the nominee.

For not choosing Hillary Clinton over Biden for his VP

For thinking that he is better than others.

For using Hillary Clinton now when he realizes that he made a very big mistake for not choosing her.

For being ALL TALK and NO ACTION!

Hillary Clinton supporter who is voting for McCain/Palin!

McCain/Palin 2008

Hillary Clinton 2012

September 19, 2008 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  14. charlamane

SoetorObama supporter Mike Kernell (D-TN) confirms his son, David Kernell, hacked Sarah Palin’s email to help SoetorObama

September 19, 2008 09:33 pm at 9:33 pm |
  15. a southern bell

IF BILL & HILLARY DO NOT GIVE IT THEIR

ALL, WE WILL KNOW & REMEMBER. WE

HAVE CHOSEN WHO WE WANT AS PRESIDENT

AND WE WANT THEM TO RESPECT OUR CHOICE,

IF NOT, WE WILL LOSE WHATEVER RESPECT

WE HAVE FOR BOTH. BYGONES ARE BYGONES.

TIME TO UNITE & TO HAVE THIS NATION COME

BEFORE ALL PERSONAL GAIN & LOSS.

September 19, 2008 09:33 pm at 9:33 pm |
  16. Tim in Canada

Sarah can never ever walk in Hillary's pant suit.

September 19, 2008 09:34 pm at 9:34 pm |
  17. Ron democrat turned anti Obama

i'm sorry, but as a former Hillary supporter, i cannot in any way justify her backing Obama. she said time after time that he is not fit to be president. Bill Clinton said the same thing, so did Joe Biden. to expect people to honor their pledge to you, after you lowered yourself to his level, i think is more than most of you followers can do. people have pride and values and just because you have forsaken yours is not reason enough for them to do likewise.

September 19, 2008 09:35 pm at 9:35 pm |
  18. Pitbull without lipstick

I never liked Hillary but guess what I do now! Thanks to idiot Palin!

September 19, 2008 09:35 pm at 9:35 pm |
  19. mitch

I don't think so Hillary. I will NEVER vote Obama.

September 19, 2008 09:35 pm at 9:35 pm |
  20. Hillraiser

While I am disappointed that I cannot vote for Hillary, I agree with her that the issues are too important to sit home and pout. So I will vote AGAINST the McCain/Palin team by pushing the lever for Obama.

We love ya, Hill!

September 19, 2008 09:36 pm at 9:36 pm |
  21. Maureen / Calif.

Go Hillary. I originally voted for Hillary and I now support Obama. Go Obama !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 19, 2008 09:36 pm at 9:36 pm |
  22. Pitbull without lipstick

I think Hillary will either be Sec OF State or Supreme Court Justice.

Go away Palin the only thing skilled about you is your moose hunting you should have been a hunter instead of a governor.

September 19, 2008 09:37 pm at 9:37 pm |
  23. TheSideLiner

Sign me up, I am ready to help , I'll go where ever "Hillary sent me".

Obama/Biden08 by a landslide!

September 19, 2008 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  24. Alice

To Sali from Cali, if Hillary were Obama's running mate, the negative advertising we'd see about the Clintons would make the ads against Sarah Palin seem tame. People forget how much the Republicans hate the Clintons, and the kind of stuff they are capable of bringing up. Hillary on the ticket would have rallied the republican base as much or more than Palin did.

September 19, 2008 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  25. Ex-Hillary Suporter

Sorry Hillary. It's not about the party. It's about the person, and Obama is just not ready to run a houshold much more a country?
    You said yourself that he wasn't ready, and he has no experience. What is the truth? Were you lying then, or are you lying now?
    Either way, No way No how NO OBAMA!

September 19, 2008 09:53 pm at 9:53 pm |