September 19th, 2008

CNN POLL OF POLLS: Close in Ohio, Indiana

McCain and Obama are nearly tied in two key battleground states.
McCain and Obama are nearly tied in two key battleground states.

(CNN) – New CNN poll of polls out of Indiana and Ohio Friday show both Midwestern states appear up for grabs with less than seven weeks to go before Election Day.

According to averages of several recent surveys from both states, Obama holds a slim 1 point lead in Ohio (46-45 percent) and McCain holds a small 2 point lead in Indiana (47-45 percent).

Check out CNN's Electoral map

Both states may be critical for John McCain - no Republican has captured the White House without winning Ohio, and Indiana hasn't voted for a Democratic presidential candidate in more than 30 years.

Related: Obama wants to to turn Indiana blue

The Ohio poll of polls consists of three surveys: Big Ten Battleground (September 14-17), CNN/Time/ORC (September 14-16), and Marist (September 11-15). The Indiana general election poll of polls also consists of three surveys: Big Ten Battleground (September 14-17), CNN/Time/ORC (September 14-16), and Indianapolis Star/WTHR (September 14-16).

Neither have a sampling error.

Earlier: McCain, Obama tied in 5 battleground states

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama • John McCain
  1. Bill in Ct.

My personal opinion is that this election is not close, I truly think it a blow out for Obama, just look at all the people who have register all across the country for Obama. The only way Mcsame/Palin is going to win this that is that the republicans are going to have to CHEAT like they did in 2000 and 2004 by rigging election machines, denying people to vote in some areas, just look what their trying to do in Mich. now, telling people that are in foreclosure in some counties that they can't vote b/c their house is in foreclosure.

September 19, 2008 03:52 pm at 3:52 pm |
  2. Sherri

Thanks but no thanks to McCain -Palin. Hoosier family for Obama-Biden!!!!

September 19, 2008 03:52 pm at 3:52 pm |
  3. CANADA4OBAMA

TWO POINTS: TODD HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO SHADOW SARAH, BECAUSE IF HE WERE TO LET HER OUT OF HIS SIGHT, OLD MAN, HORNY MACAIN , WOULD BE TRYING TO BED HER.
    SECONDLY, ..EVERYTIME I SEE PALIN AND MACAIN TOGETHER, I GET THIS VISION OF JUDY COLLINS SINGING " SEND IN THE CLOWNS."

September 19, 2008 03:52 pm at 3:52 pm |
  4. Woman in Ohio

I WILL vote for Obama defenitely because I am tired of McCain's lie after lie. I kind of liked him before but I am turned off completely.

Willing to pay more taxes for the country.

September 19, 2008 03:52 pm at 3:52 pm |
  5. April Garlow

Obama has a record of doing nothing to help anyone.The only legislation he bothered to vote for was the Cheney/Bush energy plan, . His record would be a joke–but it's not funny,–it's scary, he did not even vote on the last stimulous package. His education is no substitute for intelligence and the ability to actually make a wise decision.McCain is willing to make his views known with his votes even if they draw criticism, Obama freezes and does nothing.Democrats wake up to this fraud–Hillary supporter still voting for McCain.

September 19, 2008 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  6. EX -Democrat now for McCain

Were so Sick of Obama we could Puke!! The democrats our the reason for this dying country. Don't be fooled by these sweet talking democrats they been in control of the white house for two years now and did nothing! Pplls are false and misleading and Obama has told some big lies before. We don't care what the dem. say anymore were sick of them and were voting for McCain!

September 19, 2008 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  7. Cynthia

My fellow Americans in Ohio and Indiana, forget Red and Blue. If you don't want to see your Green completely evaporate, PLEASE pay attention.
    Trickle down economics does not work. It never has and it never will. Take a look at Wall Street. You loss your life savings and they go home to their Mansions. The oil companies made over 123 billion dollars PROFIT last year. What did they trickle down? High Gas prices, High food prices and last but not least, NOT ONE JOB for the Americans who they are robbing legally without a gun.

Pay attention People McCain/Palin is not the ticket to vote for.

September 19, 2008 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  8. Anonymous

Rick September 19th, 2008 3:16 pm ET

I'm voting Democrat because English has no place being the official language in America.
    I'm voting Democrat because I'd rather pay $4 for a gallon of gas than allow drilling for oil off the coasts of America.
    I'm voting Democrat because I think the government will do a better job of spending my money than I could.
    I'm voting Democrat because when we pull out of Afghanistan and Iraq, I know the Islamic terrorists will stop trying to kill us because they'll think we're a good and decent country.
    ----------

And we thank you for your vote.

September 19, 2008 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |