September 19th, 2008

Protesters interrupt Obama

CNN

Protesters holding posters saying Sen. Barack Obama was endorsed by the KKK are escorted from his speech

(CNN) - Barack Obama's campaign rally in Coral Gables, Florida Friday was interrupted by a group of about 10 African-American protesters holding signs that called themselves, "Blacks Against Obama."

The signs said Obama was for gay marriage and abortion, and said his candidacy was "endorsed by the KKK." Another sign said, "Jesse Jackson hates Obama."

Obama originally said the protesters could stay inside the event, but they were escorted out when they would not stop shouting.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Cheri, VA North and South

CNN-

Where is the coverage of Joe Biden? I would like to see him at least 1/2 as much as I see the Hockey Mom in Lipstick. I would got to a hockey game, if I wanted to see one, but I am focused on something much bigger occurring on 11 4 08. Remember it is called Election Day. Show me the real pitbull, Joe Biden. He is in Sterling, VA today, right now in fact.

Cover the VP that is pro-choice, pro-woman, pro-USA (not the one who has a spouse who is seeking independence from her) and who is also sending a child to fight in the IRAQ war!!! I am sick of seeing Palin read someone else's note cards. What happened to your coverage of the Anti-Palin rally that took place in Alaska upon her return. Save your partisan behavior for your vote, when it is your choice. It is not my choice to be fed your views with your partisan coverage.

September 19, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  2. Mike, Syracuse NY

WHAT HYPOCRISY!!! A few days ago there were protesters in a McCain event and all you Obamamaniacs were saying that they were just excercising free speech. But when it happens to Obama it's a KKK plot. When this election started I thought liberals were just misguided. Now I recognize them for the intolerant, hateful, hypocritical creatures they really are.

September 19, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  3. Latina for Obama (nj)

GO OBAMA GO!!!!!

YES WE CAN!!!!!

September 19, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  4. rice, bryan

ignorance is bliss, and mccain and palin are truly happy.

September 19, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  5. MW / Calif.

For these clowns to even have KKK on a sign is a disgrace. They should be ashamed of themselves. Obama handled this situation with respect, and grace. And I am proud of the audience of mostly women for protesting the protesters. Go Obama!!!!!!

September 19, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  6. gop

those for soreare pay republicans protestos

September 19, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  7. concern

ALL BLCK PEOPLE WON'T VOTE FOR OBAMA!!
    41% OF THE PEOPLE IN THE USA DON'T AGREE WITH HIM!
    IT'S THE 59% THAT HE WAS TAKING TO! THE SMART ONES

September 19, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  8. Monopoly Games

I wonder how much Bush and Rove paid them to act like fools in front of the entire world. They must have had a prison program, go against Obama and get a 'Get ouf of Jail Free' card.

September 19, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  9. Joan, Ontario

He handled this really well. He stayed calm and then after they left he smiled and said, "Let's get back to work". He doesn't seem to get flustered which is a good trait for a President.

September 19, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  10. So, this means he doesn't have ALL the black vote?

This should show everyone that this election isn't about skin color. It looks like they are interested in the issues. Of course some of the issues a little lame.

The KKK thing is ridiculous, and the Jesse Jackson thing hating Obama, is really a positive for Obama.

Jesse is a dweeb...

Navy Veteran for Obama/Biden

September 19, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  11. Mom of 3

I'm John McCain, and I approve of this message.

Distraction Politics

12. hello

Not to be rude.. but as a black man I have to question some of the policies on these cards ..

They are not things blacks would usually protest.

13. Bob

Call me an elitist, but I'm going to take a guess here and say that those protesters are not educated.

14. black in florida

just a bunch of idiots

15. charlie

CNN doesn't show when this happens to McSame

16. Ricky - Latino for Obama

Obviously people who thought the last 8 years were great!

17. Caesar Ramirez

Wow, in a world of the blind the one eyed man is king.

18. Aida

McCain is interrupted and the protestors are cheered. Obama is interrupted and it's blamed on the Republicans. This election is a joke and so are all the candidates. No wonder the US is in such a mess!

Please, act like grown ups – all of you.

19. kisha GA

they look like they just got of jail! i tell u some black people is dumb as hell. im a black female. them types make me ashame! boy o boy. them the main ones who holla about the white man. mccain paid them some bail money! lol

20. Freedom Lovin Patriot

I'm John McCain and I approve this message.

21. Laura, Boston

You people are so cynical....they speak out in protest so they had to be hired by the McCain campaign.

If that's the case then I guess Obama's campaign hired people just the other day when they were speaking out while Palin was speaking. Right?

Whether Dem or Rep....let's be grown-up about things. It's stupid and gets us nowhere on issues and things that matter.

Laura

22. Paizley

hmmm...I woonder when it was reported that some protesters got thrown out of the McCain-Palin speech the other day were they decribed as "white protesters" or just protesters. Why does the race matter so much this time? Someone please enlighten me......

23. fella from Chicago

So when idiots disrupt Senator McCain's campaign rally in Iowa they're referred to as patriots, but when AA's against Obama disrupt his rally in Florida they're stupid, lairs, and pathetic. The only pathetic people are the Dems commenting on this blog.

24. Kenneth

Somebody should check their skin for brown shoe polish.

25. Anothen

Black against Obama lol, more like Republicans against Obama, (which just happened to be Black) do you see the sings they were holding up. LOL the KKK endorsed OBAMA because they feel that a Black Man for president will swell their numbers, believe me its no compliment to OBAMA.

Stop the Silly Games
    Stop the Lipstick and the Pigs
    Open your eyes and look around

OBAMA/BIDEN 08