September 24th, 2008

McCain and Palin's meeting with Bono cancelled

NEW YORK (CNN) – John McCain and Sarah Palin’s meeting with Bono was canceled Wednesday due to scheduling reasons, according to the campaign.

Instead, McCain and Palin will chat with Bono by phone this afternoon about the ONE Campaign, the U2 front man’s initiative to raise awareness of AIDS and global poverty.

Unlike McCain and Palin’s other meetings with dignitaries in New York this week, most of which had been open to reporters and photographers, the Bono meeting was listed as closed to the press, at the rock star’s request.

Filed under: John McCain • Sarah Palin
  1. Jeff

I loved all the pictures from the babs event of obamas.

he is always open to the press.

September 24, 2008 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  2. diane j

you guys are a sad lot. I am sorry for you.

September 24, 2008 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  3. hawkdriver

McCain / Palin 08

Just Checking

September 24, 2008 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  4. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

McPain is trying to worm out of Friday's debate, but he'll even think about taking the time to have a meeting with Bono. Great JUDGMENT you tool.

September 24, 2008 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |
  5. pam Eugene OR

Since when is allowing 16 seconds with Pail considered "open" to the press. Come on we know next to nothing about Palin except she promised transparency and keeps avoiding the media. What a farce!
    Obama/Biden

September 24, 2008 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |
  6. Glenn

Let's see I once sat on a bus and when aske by a French tourist "if a building he was pointing at was the US Supremem Court Building" and I said "yes." I guess that gives me foreign relations experience and expertise. Then a year ago, I attended a Cary Simon concert and she shook my hand after the concert as she was leaving. She even let my wife take a picture of her and me. I guess that gives me Hollywood Star experience and expertise. I see that Palin is now a truly an expert on the world situation, diplomacy and soon Hollywood just like me.

September 24, 2008 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  7. Kelby from Houston, TX

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT. I thought that the rethuglicans thought very little of celebrities. Now they want to meet with Bono?!?!?!

WHISKEY
    TANGO
    FOXTROT

September 24, 2008 03:37 pm at 3:37 pm |
  8. Musicpromo

That a boy Bono...

It's clear they are trying to use anyone who might might her look good. ( Hey anyone for a photo? )

September 24, 2008 03:37 pm at 3:37 pm |
  9. Cindy from NC

Is anyone suprised. Bono is really about helping people and is fully aware of foreign policy in different countries. He doesn't want to be used by the McCain campiagn to give Palin some sort of fake credentials especially if it's just for a Photo Op. He actually does have better things to do.

September 24, 2008 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |
  10. Oregon calling

Things that make you go hmmmm. Do you think that he could actually favor the other ticket?

September 24, 2008 03:39 pm at 3:39 pm |
  11. SlyTed

So much hate! No wonder you people choose not to believe in Religion, you'd surely burn in Hell! Regardless of who wins the election the purpose of the meeting is to ease poverty and control the spread of AIDS and all you jerks can do is make a childish attempt at humor.

September 24, 2008 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  12. Trina in New Mexico

So.

September 24, 2008 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  13. Farrell, Houston, Tx

IT DOESN'T TAKE A "QUICK STUDY" 6 YEARS, ATTEND 5 COLLEGES TO GET A BA IN JOURNALISM AS PALIN DID. SOUNDS LIKE A DUMMY TO ME AND MCCAIN AND PALIN WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE SHE;S A "QUICK STUDY".

September 24, 2008 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  14. Tired

I'm disappointed that he's meeting with them. Those two don't care about any of his initiatives. An absolute waste of time that they will try to spin for the next month.

September 24, 2008 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  15. Matthew Harris

I always wondered what kind of idiots can stand to watch CNN. After reading these comments, now I know. With Biden talking about FDR going on TV in 1929 and Obama never knowing which of the "57 states" he's in, who are the clowns?

September 24, 2008 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |