September 26th, 2008

McCain will attend debate

McCain will attend Friday's debate.

McCain will attend Friday's debate.

WASHINGTON (CNN ) - Republican presidential nominee John McCain has decided to travel to Mississippi to participate in Friday night's presidential debate with his Democratic rival, Barack Obama, McCain campaign staff said.

McCain said earlier this week he would not attend the debate if an agreement had not been reached on a $700 billion bailout plan for Wall Street.

Election Center: What to expect from upcoming debates

The campaign said the Republican presidential nominee believed that enough progress had been made for him to travel to Mississippi to participate in the debate, set for 9 p.m. ET at the University of Mississippi campus.

Full story

Filed under: John McCain
  1. Billy

Drama King!

I won't go, I will go, I wont go, I will goo!

Look at me, Look at me!

September 26, 2008 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  2. Nervous in Texas

His next grandstanding trick will be to kick Palin off the ticket and divert the headlines to that. And then if that does not work he's going to fake an illness, so that should take the headlines for a couple more days. Will that take him to Nov 4th without having to deal with the true issues? Well actually I think they want to tank this election so the Republicans can sit back and point fingers at the Dem. BC really McCain is not the poster child for the Republicans, he's just their scape goat, and Rovean GOP is taking down the good name that McCain had built for himself. Wow, can't believe he suffered as a POW and now is the puppet of Rove. That Rove guy is really scrupolous. Sorry that you were made the scape goat McCain/Palin.

September 26, 2008 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  3. Voice

Are we supposed to be overjoyed???? This was obviously a stunt to reinforce his image of a Maverick/Country First candidate.

No he's got a platform to take at the debate. I could just hear him now, 'where were you when the economy was collapsing Senator Obama". He needed some fresh talking points and now he's got what he perceives as his leverage.

Transparency? Yes, you are very transparent! And as for your running mate, she looks like a moose in headlights.

September 26, 2008 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  4. KY Democrat

Gee, someone changed their mind.

Shocker.

September 26, 2008 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  5. Tyree,LV-Independent

Good, now he can get beat in person.

September 26, 2008 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  6. victor,nj

IF ANYONE IS PLANNING ON VOTING FOR MCCAIN/PALIN TICKET AFTER THIS WEEK, PLEASE GET YOUR BRAIN EXAMINED.

September 26, 2008 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  7. Sam, UK

Good. Flip-flopping though, not so good. Let's see how tomorrow pans out!

September 26, 2008 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  8. MplsforObama

What! I thought he wouldn't attend the debate if they didn't reach an agreement? It was just a gimmick!
    Well the laugh's on you, McSame! Your plan didn't work! Obama called your bluff. Of course now if he looks unprepared they'll say his attention was diverted to the financial crisis and he didn't have time to prepare. I can't see how people can continue voting for this man!

Obama/Biden08!

9. Ashley

He did Nothing.........Except start a Circus. WOW

Can't WAIT for the DEBATE

10. FL voter

So let me get this straight...

The bailout is still NOT solved, yet McCain is attending the debate?

"I'm John McCain, and I approve my new nickname, Mr.Flip-Flop"
    We've had it John! Enough excuses, don't try to cover up your inability to keep your sanity by saying you're a POW. I'm a Combat Veteran and I think you've got some problems.

Seriously, WAKE UP AMERICA!!

Obama 08 – The Sane, seriously, SANE choice.

11. Maureen / Newman, California

I guess the faux suspension is cancelled.

12. Jesus Praising & Freedom Loving Patriot

GET OUT of DC and STAY OUT!

13. Mike in Sacramento,Ca

He is on his last leg...he has to go and tell more lies.

14. Josh, Wheaton, IL

Wait, but the bill hasn't been finished. So you mean to tell me that McCain, gulp, lied?

15. Ike (Atlanta, GA)

His little political stunt did not work so he had no other choice but to go to the debates. I am ready to Obama bring it to him.

16. Texas

McCain has shown how incompetent he is and the disaster of a president he would have been. But I knew that he (or his campaign) wouldnt be so stupid to leave the stage to Obama alone.

The moron had to back off from his stunt and face reality. I just hope the people will face reality and fire McCain even before hiring him.

OBAMA 08!

17. Numb

HA!!! This is going to be good!
    Let's see what he'll have to say for himself!

Obama is going to slice him and dice him into shreds!!

18. CR

What a fool... I thought he was not going to come unless a deal had been reached. Lies, lies, lies...

19. S

way to make news out of nothing, Drama King

20. Mercedes

HaHaHa! McCain didn't get his way. Wasn't it that he won't attend the debate until an agreement is set. Well he had to change his mind. This old man needs to go to a nursing home very very fast.

21. Amy

Good. Glad that Mccain is finally going to make the debate.
    Obama will spank him on economics.

22. RDS

Really! I'm shocked...everybody knew he was going anyways. All this acting in front of the cameras is so ridiculous.

23. obama/biden supporter

well I'll be....

24. Working Mom

As we used to say in the primaries, "Stop the Drama, Vote Obama."

25. bill

What a idiot,this guy is looking like a fool every minute,his Vp is looking like a fool,he could have sparred us all the drama by not even going to Washington,what a idiot,is this the kind of guy you want for President,America wakeup,you have John Mccain with one foot in the grave and Sarah Palin with one foot on the banana peel.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10