September 26th, 2008

Schneider: Another cheap shot?

CNN

Watch: Sen. John McCain says he doesn't need any 'on the job training' to be president.

(CNN) – McCain almost certainly misspoke when he said he wouldn't speak with Spain...I am not sure that's a fair thing for Obama to call him on.

Filed under: Bill Schneider
  1. Maxt

How is it not fair to quote what the Sen had said?

McCain probably would not meet with the head of state from Spain, after all they dont have Oil. That is all he cares about.

September 26, 2008 10:26 pm at 10:26 pm |
  2. JD

That's Bill Schneider, McCain surrogate.

September 26, 2008 10:26 pm at 10:26 pm |
  3. john

This was not a misstatement by McCain. John McCain’s foreign policy adviser Randy Scheunemann defended McCain's inexplicable and illogical answer in response to a question about whether he would agree to meet with the Spanish Prime Minister José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero.

September 26, 2008 10:26 pm at 10:26 pm |
  4. Shaun

The McCain campaign has been dealing cheap shots all summer and now Obama is taking heat for waiting until he gets John on the national stage to deal them back??? I think all is fair in politics...including this stomping Obama is delivering.

September 26, 2008 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  5. Todd K

Can John McCain talk about the future or only keep telling stories about places he's visited years and years and years..... ago.

September 26, 2008 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  6. Victor

You do not seem to know what you are speaking of, Bill.

September 26, 2008 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  7. armin

no no, mccain did not misspeak!!

either a) he was mad at spain for pulling out troops

or b which is worse he didnt know who the guy was.

mccain did NOT misspeak whatever you choose a or b it was wrong of mccain

September 26, 2008 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  8. tommy gun..

well this whole thing is a joke.. it seems to be it is I have done this and i have done that... I could care less... fact is I am a registered dem.. and there is no way I am voting for Oblama... think folks.. use your head.. you have to have the buisness here to have job for middle america..... keep giving middle america taxes cuts.... I am middle american...and if my employer can go someplace else to hire and build my products...do you blame them... think of it as your BIZ... you would do the same thing... and if you say no.. you are kidding yourself and have never been force to pay employees or your bills!!

September 26, 2008 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  9. voter

Too bad you haven't called McCain's cheap shots. It is amazing that everything McCain says is correct. He has been wrong on every foreign policy issue like going to Iraq. Iraq is the wrong war which has not captured bin laden and those responsible for 911. I don't agree that he is a forgein policy expert. His experience we don't need.

September 26, 2008 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  10. Over 50 while female for Barack

At this point, Barack has to play McShame at his own game!!

September 26, 2008 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |