September 26th, 2008

Schneider: McCain scores points on experience

CNN

Watch: Sen. McCain outlines differences between his plan for the presidency and Sen. Obama's plan.

OXFORD, Mississippi (CNN) - McCain, in talking about Afghanistan and Pakistan, is drawing on his vast experience for the first time in this debate, and it really sounds very convincing.

1. chutch

McCain's point on Obama's intent to "sit down withourt precondition" with the rogue leader of Iran points out Obamas' lack of experience and his "lecturer arrogance" and lack of personal experience. Poor comparison ....McCain has walked the walk...Obama justs "studied" the talk!

September 26, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  2. Kathleen

Obama arrogant son of gun. McCain calm and decisive

September 26, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  3. Mark Weeks

McCain's pronouncements seem to amount to a long career of being ineffectual. Yes, he said this or that so many years ago, but nobody appeared to have taken notice.

September 26, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  4. nancy

scoring points for mccain don't think so he is a tired old man who makes a fool out of himself eveytime I see him

September 26, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  5. whiteribbons

All I hear from McCain is his campaign rhetoric, which includes liesand distoritions. His "experience" merely means that he has been around for a very long time, too long!!!

September 26, 2008 10:16 pm at 10:16 pm |
  6. florida4obama

McCain cant form a complete sentence on the economy. He sounds like a buffoon. Why is McCain making those strained faces at Obama? He looks like he is reverting to a 5-year-old. He should grab a margarita with an umbrella in it, go to one of his 9 houses in the warm weather, and leave the decisions to those of us young enough that will have to deal with the repercussions of them.

September 26, 2008 10:16 pm at 10:16 pm |
  7. dmm

we do not need a soldier as president we need a person that will be strong for our country. Obama has won this debate & my vote.

September 26, 2008 10:16 pm at 10:16 pm |
  8. Julie Matta

McCain is such a hawk! Give me a break!

September 26, 2008 10:16 pm at 10:16 pm |
  9. John

I am surprised at Sen. Obama's performance this evening. He articulated several of the topics extremely well – Senator McCain just didn't seem as presidential. This surprised me.

September 26, 2008 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  10. Janice

I don't know why McCain keeps "quoting" Akma dinner jacket as wiping Israel off the map. It has been proven that the actual translation of his remark was much different than that. Don't get me wrong, it is likely his intention but scholars in the U.S. have done the correct translation on that statement and those words are incorrect.

September 26, 2008 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  11. SAGG

Bluntly, that little condescending and patronizing smile McCain shows on occasion is really getting on my nerves. It screams, "Now, son, let me teach you a few things..." McCain's only recycling what he's said before. It doesn't convince me.

September 26, 2008 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  12. Brian

Obama has lots of experience voting present

September 26, 2008 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |