September 26th, 2008

Schneider: Obama scores direct hit

Obama scores a direct hit, saying that McCain wants tax cuts for the wealthy. He's associating McCain with the Bush record on tax cuts.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. adam

What does McCain have to hide and why cant he look at obama? My record, my record ,my record sounds like a broken "RECORD"!!!!

September 26, 2008 09:58 pm at 9:58 pm |
  2. Nate

McCain is reinforcing the same old fears of the unknown that Karl Rove and Bush used in 2004. McCain seems to want to lead us into more entanglements. We need a President to lead us out of the jungle. Take our boys home.

September 26, 2008 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  3. Bandido

The no capital gains tax idea is not just for the wealthy. I think most Americans have something on that line on their tax form.

September 26, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  4. Rosanne

I'll bet that McCain is SORRY that he showed up.

September 26, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  5. Nate

Regarding the huge Wallstreet Bailout.

Americans get it.

It's not about the few people who can't balance their checkbooks and loose a home. It's about predatory lending and the inability of that industry to take responsibility for its losses. - In other words, they are willing to take the profit but they want US to pay the debt.
    Oh, How Nice? This, again, is to feather the nests of Wall street executives who lead us into this mess.

Usually we as Americans feel strongly about holding politicians and executives accountable - the solution to this situation should also include punishment for those who failed us by their Greed.

September 26, 2008 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |
  6. American Dream

How are we suppose to pay for the bailout for the rich republicans? I support raising taxes for the rich to help pay for the bailout. Mccain is a liar when he said that Obama wants to raise taxes for people making $40,000 per year and Obama had to correct him. Mccain is such a liar and I cannot believe that he lied in front of Obama, but this behavior of Mccain is normal. Mccain is helping the rich.

September 26, 2008 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  7. Independent

You got that right, McCain went to the Capitol yesterday to try to ger off the hook her rich friends and help them get something out the bail out. For McCain main street can wait.

September 26, 2008 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |
  8. jean

The angry old man is having problem keeping up...your right look Obama in the eye like a man should when addressing the next president of the US. Go Obama

September 26, 2008 10:11 pm at 10:11 pm |
  9. shawn wise

I think obama has no idea what is going on in this debate. he has not answered 1 question. i know on the one question both would not , but obama will say i agree then say why he dis agrees. he is on both sides of the fence. how can obama speak about war if all his experiance is from news and talk to talk.. no overseas( oh yeah that one week. lol what the hell is that). I hope barack falls of the stage.
    and uh and uh and uh after listening to abama i dont remeber what he said. its is rambling. i actually could understand what mccain was saying.

September 26, 2008 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  10. Cheryl

I agree that people should be responsible for taking on more debt than they can afford. I don't feel I should have to bail them out either.

The problem is that there is another two groups of people. One group who were able to afford their homes without any problem and then one or both incomes were lost due to lost jobs thru layoffs (sometimes both partners may work at the same company that may close).

The second group is the group that is target by these unscrupulous lenders; some that are not as educated in finances or forecasting. Someone comes and dangles a diamond ring in front of them and they go for it.

I feel for both of these groups, more for the first than the second, because you should look into things; but you don't hear anything about them.

September 26, 2008 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  11. shawn wise

mccain isnt nervous he is dumbfounded by obamas retrded comments.

shawn

September 26, 2008 10:16 pm at 10:16 pm |
  12. shawn wise

i am also better now then 8 years ago. i have my own business this year. the people who are saying it isnt are the ones thatare on welfare and work one 40 hr job and go home and smoke thier money away.

if you are lazy then go obama, if you want to work for your money and your dreams and have a break when you get there vote mccain. nno wonder obama has such a big african american backing. free money. oh obama cant even give you 95 % of people a tax break only 65% pay taxes. you cant give only 95% of even them a tax break. then you cant go spend a lot of money like obama. oh i think i heard obama agree again. opppppsss

September 26, 2008 10:22 pm at 10:22 pm |
  13. jean

Obama scores points…comment on “How do you see the relationship with Russia” Evaluation needed, dictatorship not needed. Georgia is free to join Nato.....We can not return to cold war posture…. Area of nuclear weapon needs attention..…Russia needs to understand how they behave lately is unacceptable. ...US could be next..... McCain continues to talk about his past visits to justify his action…what about the relationship going forward..

September 26, 2008 10:24 pm at 10:24 pm |
  14. A. Renee

What I don't understand is how am I expected to vote for someone that has been a part of administration, who is at fault for the problem that we are in now?? the worse since the Depression..I don't understand it. McCain looked like he was possessed or something his face kept changing, eyebrows touching his nose..I didn't get that either. Obama won that hands down. He was prepared, he knew what he was talking about clearly. McCain didn't look prepared at all. Why all the old war stories?? we already know you are old as dirt that wasn't needed. He is trying to help the rich that's what the republicans do so that was expected. I agree there should only be 2 tax brackets. with the cost of gas it's hard for anybody to stay ahead.

September 26, 2008 11:09 pm at 11:09 pm |