October 2nd, 2008

Holmes: Biden agrees with Palin

(CNN)–Were those Katie Couric interviews a devious head fake? I've heard Biden say at least twice now that he agrees with Palin. First on the issue of windfall profits, and then on the issue of gay marriage. Regarding the first, he actually said he and Obama would like to do what the Governor did in Alaska. Economic conservatives won't like it. But for debate purposes: advantage Palin.

1. Anonymous

Too bad Biden isn't running. Obama is a wreck on top of that ticket.

October 3, 2008 12:10 am at 12:10 am |
  2. Jimbo

I could just as easily say "Palin agrees with Biden." And that would be more accrate, since McCain doesn't agree with either of them on these issues.

October 3, 2008 12:11 am at 12:11 am |
  3. Marie Post

I think Sarah Palin did a great job.I also think Gwen did and
    excellent job questioning Sarah Palin and Joe Biden in the debate and for once it wasn't biased as I feel other debates have been.
    In our local paper the day she was announced as John McCains
    running mate the news mentioned a couple of men that he was going to pick but they as other newspapers and other news people had it wrong.I think thats why some of the media has been against her
    and critizized her so badly because John McCain kept her a secret till the last minute.I was so impressed with her when she was on the Glenn Beck show and thought Gee! I wish she was running for office.
    Well I guess wishes come true and hopefully it will on Election Day as thats who I'm voting for and also I'm a Democrat .Towanda,Pa.

October 3, 2008 12:12 am at 12:12 am |
  4. Evelyn Thomas

Pailn did not do well at all in this debate. She did not answer a few questions in a clear concise manner and there was know clear outline, like Mccain in the presidential debate on how they are going to "reform" and make america become a respected nation again. FYI for Palin, there are fathers who sit around the kitchen table and contemplate about how they are going to make it and are single parents as well. My question is when are Mccain and Palin going to address the black community? when are they going to reach their hands out to us and include us in their plan for america? do they not know we exist? or are they ignoring us?

October 3, 2008 12:17 am at 12:17 am |
  5. Alesia

Oh my Lord, Now I know why she is Gov. of Alaska. Hardly anyone lives up there so they didn't have much of a choice.

October 3, 2008 12:21 am at 12:21 am |
  6. Anne, with an "E"

You don't really expect the thinking public to agree with you? She continually failed to answer the questions by giving the same dribble that she did during the Couric interviews. Only this time she actually made full sentences. She totally lacks substance. She can only talk in public if it is structured, she cannot readily give answers to questions posed candidly. Her handlers must prep her for a week in order for her not to botch a national debate. After her performance tonight I feel she is even more of an embarrasment to women by her snide mannerisms and continual use of certain key words that are meant to elict knee jerk reactions – maverick, hockey mom, joe six pack. If I had to hear the phrase "John McCain is a Maverick" one more time I was going to change channels. She was more condescending to the American public with her evasive answers to the questions. I want a leader in the number 2 spot in the white house, not a hockey mom, not a lipsticked pit bull. I don't want a hockey mom to take the helm if McCain was to perish. I don't think she has what it takes to lead anything. Her short stint as a govenor does not afford her the experience for the VP slot. As for her debate performance – It is saddening that so many people did not really listen to what she said, or rather what she didn't say. She does not have the knowledge to have a conversation about any topic except energy and those views are not in line with the growing awareness of the American people that we need to be weaned off of fossil fuels, that global warming is indeed a manmade problem. There are many problems facing our nation at this time, the economic crisis most prominent. All of these issues will be inherited by the next administration. Do we really want to be represented by a person with so little experience? Do we really want to be represented by a person who is ignorant of most of the issues facing the country today? Do we really want more of the same, more of the last 8 years worth of rhetoric and outright lies. We should think long and hard at the candidates i order to make an informed decision when we vote in November. I cannot, in good faith, vote for a ticket that includes Ms. Palin. In her case, I honestly feel that she should bow out and go back to Alaska. She is out of her league down here in the lower 48.

October 3, 2008 12:38 am at 12:38 am |
  7. Candia

How can you say this is an advantage for Palin? It goes against McCain's stance, and so is a conflict on her own ticket.

October 3, 2008 12:58 am at 12:58 am |
  8. Brad Ficek

Amy Holmes, are you alright? Palin an A+?! A higher score than Biden. Did we watch the same debate? The debate clearly proves she is just a puppet for the next regime, just regurgitating someone else's thoughts.

October 3, 2008 01:06 am at 1:06 am |
  9. Gypsy King

Both candidates should have been checked for a high tech tiny ear piece that is now available and most certainly used by Sarah Palin in this debate.

October 3, 2008 01:19 am at 1:19 am |
  10. Al

As you can tell, we have a lot of democrats commentating "how good" their candidate performed on the debate. I'm an independent and this makes me sick and tired and makes me not to vote on your side. Speak about the facts. We all know(if you're smart enough and have "common sense") that both Biden and Palin made some wrong allegations to each other. C'mon, people are smarter now. But I forgot, it's CNN - the democrat/left-wing network....

October 3, 2008 01:23 am at 1:23 am |
  11. Sarah Bell, Cleveland, OH.

Why is Amy Holmes contributing to CNN? She's the black Ann Coulter. Please. She's Bill O'Reilly's favorite gal.

October 3, 2008 02:13 am at 2:13 am |
  12. Mike

Sarah Palin beat expectations. But the bar was set so low after her terrible interview performances that it means nothing. Obama and Biden still have better policy ideas. McCain/Palin is more of what we got with George Bush. If you want a strong economy and a respected US abroad then vote for Democrats, it has worked before and it will work again.

October 3, 2008 02:37 am at 2:37 am |