October 2nd, 2008

Schneider: Palin needs to define the terms she uses

ST LOUIS, Missouri (CNN) - Reform, corruption, maverick...these are words that Palin often uses, but she needs to define them.

1. osas

Palin is not strong enough she should step down

October 2, 2008 10:28 pm at 10:28 pm |
  2. New Day

So Palin, as a VP, would appoint people??? :-D hahahahaha can she answer ANYTHING!?!?!?!

October 2, 2008 10:28 pm at 10:28 pm |
  3. Obamacan

HER TUTOR PROVIDED SOME UNDEFINED TERMS. THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO DEFINE.

October 2, 2008 10:28 pm at 10:28 pm |
  4. Tara

Gov. Palin is making a complete mockary of this debate. A person can't get up on stage and say, "It's gonna be ok, ya know? John McCain is for change..." CHANGE? The SAME as Bush. This debate is a joke.

October 2, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  5. weird_henry

I know one word or phrase Palin DOESN"T know the meaning of – it's ACHILLE'S HEEL!!! She didn't answer the question!

LOL< I know what McCain's Achille's Heel is...it's SARAH PALIN! Hahahaha

October 2, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  6. Jenna

I think when it comes to defining terms, she probably could define the terms of people who were in the movie "Top Gun." Who is more "Ice Man" and who is more "Maverick"?

October 2, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  7. JImmy in California

Palin = Stump speech at the end.

October 2, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  8. dallas Mike

Catch phrase politics is what the Republican base reacts to.
    They claim to be "conservative" and spend us into the poor house.
    They claim to be Christian and go out and do the exact oppisite of what Jesus taught.

As long the Right hears the correct catch phrase...they'll vote for them.

October 2, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  9. Jocelyn

She is unable to because her rhetoric is nothing more than a script.

October 2, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  10. Roberta

Palin is acting more like a middle school student. The expectations weren’t low enough. Did I fail to mention how she sounds like a robot? Someone please remove the defective memory chip.

October 2, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  11. Lauren Canada

Sarah you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means...

October 2, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  12. Casey

About 30 times, i think i heard mavrick... Did she ever answer a question or just say "he's a mavrick"

October 2, 2008 10:30 pm at 10:30 pm |
  13. Robin

SP sounds like Bush using "Evil" here and there. She has truly been versed. She is very scary as is McCain! She did not convince me! Joe is for real...

October 2, 2008 10:30 pm at 10:30 pm |
  14. joey darley

Joe Biden is such a LIAR and all you Liberals are sheep drinking the kool aid they are serving you . I Pray God intervenes and Mcain wins.
    God helps us if Obama wins

October 2, 2008 10:30 pm at 10:30 pm |
  15. perplexed

Is this a contest for miss congeniality? She is being CUTE and smiling.. I want answers NOT lip gloss!

October 2, 2008 10:30 pm at 10:30 pm |
  16. Mary

who said McCain was a Maverick? They taught her that word well. I am so glad Biden finally called her on that silly claim. Palin just keeps going over the same points – her index cards have been used twice by now. Biden is great at knowing his stuff!

October 2, 2008 10:30 pm at 10:30 pm |
  17. Ish

SP rehearsed only these words during her rehearsal sessions. For God sake someone please tell her to answer the questions and what the group of mavericks going to do for the country..

October 2, 2008 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |
  18. Betsy

Likewise, the Obama camp needs to define CHANGE. Vague, emotional appeals like CHANGE will only go so far.

October 2, 2008 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |
  19. Steve

Maybe she could define what she means when she calls me "Joe six pack" american. I don't know if I should be insulted or not but I think I am.

October 2, 2008 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |
  20. CJ Harris

I Don't feel that she know what she is to do as the VP . She should step down

October 2, 2008 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |
  21. Punam

She only knows "maverick" and "I have a diverse family". That's what she's been using all debate long! Goodness gracious!

October 2, 2008 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |
  22. LT

Ill define maverick.....the guy who is willing to make a quick flash and dangerous decision with the hope it will turn out right............

Yeah John McCain is a Maverick. Unfortunately sometimes the plane crashes........sometimes you get a Palin........but you know we'll all just hope it turns out OK

October 2, 2008 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |
  23. SC

Here is the response to the person with the username "How can this be?" You don't have to ask Obama to define "HOPE'. That's not his. Bill Clinton started it and it is also where he was born and raised in Arkansa. They do have a small little place called "HOPE" in Arkansas. Just to be fair, if you are thinking about asking Obama to define "HOPE," you ought to ask McCaine to define "CHANGE" that he has recently been talking about.

October 2, 2008 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |
  24. Thomas

The outgoing commander of US troops in Iraq, Gen David Petraeus, has said that he will never declare victory there.
    He said he did not know that he would ever use the word "victory": "This is not the sort of struggle where you take a hill, plant the flag and go home to a victory parade... it's not war with a simple slogan."

October 2, 2008 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |
  25. Leesa

Bill I agree, I won"t be comfortable if Gov. Palin were to become President in the slim event that the Rep ticket won and Sen McCain could not fulfil his duties

October 2, 2008 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |