October 2nd, 2008

Schneider: Palin's answers

ST LOUIS, Missouri (CNN) - Palin's answers do not lack confidence, they lack coherence.

1. Mrs. Smart

Ryan, why is it that republicans have no problem taking the money and
    run, but like to refer to everyone else as "socialists"?

2. Betty

Of course you liberals can't understand her, All of you are narrow minded liberals. and you won't listen or try to understand anybody that does think like you liberals.

3. Erin in Oklahoma

I'm glad this is almost over. I'm also glad that my daughter watched "Total Drama Island" instead of watching this. I don't want her to see one woman set all women back with her lack of knowledge.

4. Andrea'

her ending sppech is the only answer that sounded coherent.

5. Reasonably Intelligent Woman from PA

She speaks as if telling a bedtime story to a child, very wide eyed and animated. But there is nothing there, other then canned statements that come out when McCain pulls the string at the back of her neck. And did she really say "doggone it?" No really, did she?

6. djak

I will admit she at least sounds more coherent than she did with the media interviews, but it felt like she was repeating herself...nucular, reform, maverick, etc. She kept tossing those catch phrases out.

7. Lennon Haas

Why the politics of fear all the time? Yes, we must be cautious of risks and dangers. But why must our candidates always use abject fear as a motivating factor in political campaigns? Why can't logic, reason, and common sense be the motivations?

8. RiRi

i love how she is continuing to reinforce why she should be nowhere near the white house!

9. sandee in Portland

Practiced, practiced, practiced. Everything she said that was memorized or on her notes, she said well, but when she didn't have a memorized answer, she stumbled and seemed at a loss. Also, I didn't hear her give one straight answer to any of the questions, just general rhetoric. But, since the bar was low for her, she did well.

10. John

Ok!!! I don't want to hear any comments about Gwen. Also, If you are watching in HD, we all need to get in line to sign up for a check like Ed Rollins. Either he doesn't know what he is doing or he is getting a pay check. I WANT A PAY CHECK TOO. That is utterly ridiculous.

11. EqualBranchesofGovernment

It sounds like she"s running for a BEAUTY PAGENT......not VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!.....

12. annoyed seriously

well too late at least hes talking about his tickets intentions. this debate was a joke

13. redgundogs

She has no Achilles heel. She is ready to go, and she keeps getting that breathy voice when she decides that she wants to bo our 'friend'.

14. Ann

I almost expected a "Ya der hey" out of her

October 2, 2008 10:33 pm at 10:33 pm |
  15. Paul

How is Palin like the average American? How much money
    does she and her husband ( is he a fisherman or does he
    own a fishing business?) make annually? How dare she
    compare herself to every other regular American!

October 2, 2008 10:33 pm at 10:33 pm |
  16. Susan

Palin : MUTE
    Biden: Volume

My Policy

October 2, 2008 10:33 pm at 10:33 pm |
  17. Deb Roseman

There's no comparison between Palin and Biden. Biden not only shows his intelligence, but out speaks Palin at every opportunity. Please ... no more W's or Quayles. Since when did it become cool to have a mediocre executive leading this country?

October 2, 2008 10:33 pm at 10:33 pm |
  18. rachele

I think she is nice and very sweet...

I always vote lesser of evils...but Palin McCain ticket is scary...that ticket is just a heart beat away.

I just don't think her world is big enough for me...she scares me honestly...I know Alaska is part of America but she has not really been here...come on everyone she is in over her head...She has seen nothing close to our neighborhoods.

If I got anything different then I would be okay...but so far she is not convincing to me...

Nice woman...but she is not ready...she doesn't understand her position as VP

October 2, 2008 10:33 pm at 10:33 pm |
  19. Diane Oklahoma

She's the affirmative action candidate!!

Best Regards,

An African American Female

October 2, 2008 10:33 pm at 10:33 pm |
  20. Tara

She may be the most incompetent VP nominee of all time.

October 2, 2008 10:33 pm at 10:33 pm |
  21. king

I am so sad, this was a q and a for Biden and a teaching tutorial for Palin.

October 2, 2008 10:33 pm at 10:33 pm |
  22. beatrice

Can you all imagine if it had been Hillary debating Palin??!?

October 2, 2008 10:33 pm at 10:33 pm |