October 2nd, 2008

Schneider: Palin's answers

ST LOUIS, Missouri (CNN) - Palin's answers do not lack confidence, they lack coherence.

1. witch

I really don't know any more about her then I did before the debate. I was hoping that we would see what is suppose to be so special about her.

October 2, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  2. Theresa and Sheldon Johnson

Thank you, I agree. She is confident in the fact that she thinks she knows what she is talking about. She sounds scripted. Joe was real and at times showed much emotion during his arguments. I loved it. Joe was great!!!!! Oh Joe is the Maverick here. Not Mcsame Mccain

October 2, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  3. Houston

"UP THERE IN ALASKA......." ....everything must be perfect...here is a "leader" who does not own up to past mistakes or even admit to them...that worries me alot....i think she is dis-illusioned to the real world in the contiguous states because she is severely out of touch.....

please answer the questions!!!!!

October 2, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  4. Naweed

They lack sense . ... she is just repeating what's dumped on her

October 2, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  5. Eve

Can't understand alot of what she says. What's she talking about? What war did McCain win? Can she say "new-clee-er"?

October 2, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  6. Linda

For those outside Alaska, please check out the local paper for information in Wasilla and Alaska to see her real experience in Alaska and while Mayor.

October 2, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  7. Jennifer

She just repeats GOP talking points. There's no substance behind any of her answers..

October 2, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  8. PL

Did Palin discover Alaska?

October 2, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  9. KJL

Palin's grammar is atrocious! I was amazed when she said she has school teachers in her family.

I'm sure Obama and Biden will be much more capable of a coherent, back-and-forth discussion than McCain and Palin ever could. It's obvious that Palin has tried to absorb and spit back as much of McCain as she can, and that she has copious notes. Frankly, I'm tired of maverick, stinking corpse, and all the other phrases she keeps parroting.

October 2, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  10. Mason

I agree with Bill Schneider 100%. She is incoherent.

October 2, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  11. Jim in CA

You know what? Biden is pretty good at this.

12. G in the A

She's a lier on taxes , job creation. Plus she also just described Obama's plan as far as infastructure. I have NEVER heard Mccain say anything about that.

13. LaffinAtcha

omg I totally agree.
    listening to her speak is really gettin on my nerves.
    its the equivalent to gababababababababababababababababa....(pause for dramatic effect) gababababababa blah blah blah maverick alaska maverick alaska maverick maverick alaska.

14. Roland

Hey Ryan,

The biggest socialist shift in this country was just pushed through by a REPUBLICAN president, GEORGE W. BUSH. Bush is the real socialist.

15. Stephen S.

Agreed! I have struggled throughout the debate to follow or understand where she is going and what points she is attempting to make.

16. sweden

Palin sounds like someone who making a presentation – unprepared – looking at the paper that is full of keywords and just throw them out and hopes something sticks.

17. Nyny

what does she have? conviction. what does she not have? meaning. purpose. ideas. experience.

18. Theodore Gates

I would not agree. It is not that they lack coherence... they simply ignore the questions.

19. bobbi

she lacks understanding, she just does not make any sense.

20. Seth

Who is this Schneider guy who keeps posting here and is only able to see the debate from one side? I'm watching it too, and I see that both candidates are giving strong answers. Very irresponsible journalism.

21. Will

She's just saying the words over and over again. I dunno what we just heard. She says we do because her debate was unfiltered.

But really I'm just confused. All I know are McCain's slogans.

22. Maureen

Palin has avoided answering the questions with slogans and catch phrases. I want to hear the facts to back up her claims that a McCain Palin Administration would be any different then the Bush Administration.

23. McPalin is toast

She's a total airhead, that is clear.
    Spewing forth incoherent canned sound bites she doesn't understand.
    Refusing to answer the many questions she doesn't understand.
    Rehashing the same lines over and over and over....

And what's up with that WINK to the cameras?
    Is this a high-school talent show???
    "You betcha, six-pack Joe!"

Did anyone expect anything different????

Back to Chilly Willy Land with you, Caribou Barbie!

Obama/Biden 08

24. Terri-Ann, TX

Too much talking points. Answer the questions Sarah Palin.

25. drooz

Wow, how many ticker entries have been posted here criticizing Palin? And how many have been posted criticizing Biden? There's a reason I don't trust CNN for my news.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8