October 2nd, 2008

Schneider: Palin's strengths

ST LOUIS, Missouri (CNN) - Palin's primary strength is her outside of Washington status. She doesn't act like an insider, she doesn't talk like an insider, and a lot of voters may respond to that.

1. Rick S

NO They won't.

October 2, 2008 10:36 pm at 10:36 pm |
  2. robert

her strength was using memorized answers to "respond" irrelevantly to questions.

October 2, 2008 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm |
  3. sean

and the smart voters will she she answered very few questions

October 2, 2008 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm |
  4. jmb

but she doesn't give me the sense that she understands how washington works, at all...or how to engage in a discourse that requires her to do anything other than memorize dates and facts...

October 2, 2008 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm |
  5. Greg in Oshkosh

I'm no "joe Six-Pack" I find it distasteful and condescending

October 2, 2008 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm |
  6. Mike in Seattle

If they weren't going to vote for McCain Palin before the debate, I truly do not believe they are going to vote for them after this debate.

October 2, 2008 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm |
  7. LaffinAtcha

i dont like her.

October 2, 2008 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm |
  8. irish

CNN YOU ARE THE MOST BIASED NEWS OUTLET I HAVE EVER SEEN. WHY NO FACK CHECK'S FOR MACCAIN. THERE ALL FOR YOUR GOLDEN BOY. YOU MAKE ME SICK.

October 2, 2008 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm |
  9. No Bailout

Palin did not answer a single question
    I just heard Surge, Maverick etc
    She even said that she was not going to answer some questions !!

Am I the only one here who thinks that Palin's performance was BS ???

October 2, 2008 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm |
  10. Achille Salesh

THESE ARE NOT STRENGTH.

October 2, 2008 10:38 pm at 10:38 pm |
  11. Bama4Obama

She also doesn't talk like she understands the English language, since she couldn't seem to answer any questions coherently.

October 2, 2008 10:38 pm at 10:38 pm |
  12. TOYA

Some may respond to that, but will it be negative or positive. For me it is negative!! I want someone with at least a clue about how Washington works...

October 2, 2008 10:38 pm at 10:38 pm |
  13. Pamela

At this time in our Country's history I need to have someone familar w/the ropes. I need a smart, savvy politician who can handle the world as complex as it is today. She is not the one for me.

October 2, 2008 10:38 pm at 10:38 pm |
  14. E

She also doesn't talk like an intelligent knowledgeable person. She repeats talking points but I seriously doubt she understands any of them.

October 2, 2008 10:38 pm at 10:38 pm |
  15. DEM in Franklin, Wisconsin

We get the government we deserve. If people respond to flash and nonsense instead of substance, well...I'll be disappointed but not surprised.

October 2, 2008 10:38 pm at 10:38 pm |
  16. Sandi from Ada, Michigan

“There were no major gaffes”…but don’t we need more from a V.P? This is the 2nd in line to be the leader of the free world. Just OK isn’t nearly good enough.

October 2, 2008 10:39 pm at 10:39 pm |
  17. Lyndon

She doesn't talk like someone who I want 2nd in command of this country. That's all that matters to me.

October 2, 2008 10:39 pm at 10:39 pm |
  18. sabrina01

She has no substance and we know what she did in Alaksa TROOPGATE

October 2, 2008 10:39 pm at 10:39 pm |
  19. Robert Deming

She doesn't know how DC works. If you don't know how something works, don't try to fix it! Let a pro!

October 2, 2008 10:39 pm at 10:39 pm |
  20. Carmen

But people watching the debate tonight wanted to see that she could act within Washington by knowing what's going on. She didn't.

She was clueless, and as a woman, it was almost painful to watch. But as a woman, I'm so glad that she stumbled because she doesn't represent me or any of my views.

October 2, 2008 10:39 pm at 10:39 pm |
  21. Xavier

She didnt impress me personally. She talked alot but said nothing really. It was interesting that her closing remarks played on our fears. She spoke of the way things were, which I took as a direct attack on Obama since his presidency would be a major change in American history. Biden on the other hand spoke of hope, and a better future for our children.

October 2, 2008 10:39 pm at 10:39 pm |
  22. DisgustedRepublican

True, but she had nothing to offer just an "act" if anything.McCain has shown now, its all about him and she's a scapegoat/cheerleader for him.The answers were lacking focus and the use of "maverick" so often was more like an ego stroke.I am appalled at the Republican Party's acceptance of this.

October 2, 2008 10:39 pm at 10:39 pm |
  23. Another Republican for Obama

She's also clueless. Outsider does not mean clueless.

October 2, 2008 10:39 pm at 10:39 pm |
  24. John

CNN, you are being soft. Tell the truth. Are these guys not watching what I am watching. That was another castroph...I am not watching. Be real people. She was awful. Dreadful.

October 2, 2008 10:39 pm at 10:39 pm |
  25. Jim

Wasnt that a W strength? UGH.

October 2, 2008 10:39 pm at 10:39 pm |