October 3rd, 2008

Bush speaks on bailout bill

Bus commented on the House passing the bailout bill.
Bus commented on the House passing the bailout bill.

WASHINGTON (CNN) - President Bush plans to sign a massive bailout bill before leaving Washington on Friday, a senior administration official told CNN.

Bush is scheduled to leave the White House at 3:15 p.m. Friday.

The House approved the historic bailout legislation by a vote of 263-171.

Filed under: President Bush
  1. atlanta

hey I cannot vote coz I am just a permanent resident but I would like to know if the republican supporters would support their party if Senator John McCain had selected Colin Powell or Condoleezza Rice as his running mate...please answer this question

October 3, 2008 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  2. sue

@ Professor

Actually the split infinitive came about in the 19th century and while there has been a movement to introduce a prescriptive rule against, that hasn't happened yet. But yes, there is a disagreement whether or not a split infinitive is grammatically correct.

October 3, 2008 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  3. tatanka

Why should bush even care about this bill oh law? Could it be that he is going to buy a house in the most exclusive part of Dallas,Texas and he will need a sub-prime loan to pay for it. Here again I doubt that he has made enough money through his cronies to be able to pay cash for the palacial estate!!!!!! I hate this crook he eill be remembered as the most corrupt president in us history

October 3, 2008 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  4. Mr.Citizen

If any of you carefully watched Mccain on the Debate, he CLEARLY looks ARROGANT like Bush up here.....

we JUST CANNOT trust another person (if it was Obama, I would have said the SAME thing) who is arrogant and is NOT willing to listen OR open up for ideas – like Bush was and Mccain would be....

NO TO MCCAIN

October 3, 2008 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  5. Bruce

Palin BIG MOUTH: You of all people should not talk about others and what they have to say about world affairs. You who have NOTHING but hot air.

October 3, 2008 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  6. America the Stupid

The blame for the economic crisis can be blamed on one person: BILL CLINTON.
    He forced the banks to lower their lending standards.
    Now is not the time for another novice in the Whitehouse!
    Vote McCain / Palin

Stupid.

October 3, 2008 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  7. McHoover Would Destroy What's Left of America

You would think that after 8 years of practice this dimwit would at least know how to sound half way intelligent.

I guess that would be asking to much.

October 3, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  8. Cuban-mami-4-OBAMA

I am laughing at all the far-right comments! Republicans are SO funny!

Less than a year ago, Republicans, were defending Bush/Cheney! Calling them Heroes......the Best president ever!

NOW.......left with a DISASTER, they throw Bush/Cheney quickly under the bus!

We've had enough of Republican-lies-hate-war-fear-holier-than-thou-attack politics!

October 3, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  9. Biff

PEOPLE..

it's been a loooooong journey since reaganomics of the 80's and the republican congress of the 90's jammed this garbage economic philosophy down our throats...

Take heart... we are almost there....

the PEOPLE are about to be represented in government for the first time since KENNEDY AND EISENHOWER...

(see republicans.... i used REAL facts and even credited BOTH partys for the last time the people won.... ) bet YOU guys can't do that.

October 3, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  10. Carmen

This man can talk till he is blue in the face and nobody wants to listen. Too many lies, corruption! I wish it was Jan 20!

October 3, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  11. ARB

DID YOU HEAR THAT SOUND EVERYONE? THAT'S THE SOUND OF YOURS AND MY TAX DOLLARS BEING FLUSHED DOWN THE TOILET!!!!

October 3, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  12. Steve A. , New Braunfels , Texas

I will vote out and aginst everyone who was for that bill. Bush is the most inconsiderate and hateful and anti-american person on earth. I wonder how much more damage he will do the american people before he finaly leaves, GOD KNOWS I will be parting on Jan. 20 it can;t get here fast enough.

October 3, 2008 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  13. Chuck, Tennessee

Professor

Your english lesson was obviously brought to us by a pompous windbag who probably does not have many friends.

Now, why is everyone blaiming just Bush for the bailout? In the House, the Dems supported it 172-63, while the Republicans voted AGAINST the bill 108-91.

Let's blame ALL the current politicians for our problems and vote them all out.

October 3, 2008 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  14. Kenneth Trinkaus

President Bush needs to go on trial to explain how he and his administration could be so blind about all the money being stolen from the financial markets and doing nothing about it over the past eight years.

October 3, 2008 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  15. paul

Biff you are proof that Democrats have no brains. Again you make my point that you like others are lazy and dumb and want things for free.

I bet money the only job you have had is working at a McDonalds.

You don't want to face facts but would take your time and devote it to silly insults. get a life loser I'm tired of my tax dollars going to you so you can have more kids and rape the welfare system!

October 3, 2008 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  16. Lucy

A historic bailout for the historic mistakes of Bush and the Republican Congress. In less that 8 years, we are in a war we never should have been in, our economy is on the brink of a depression, 3/4 million people are out of work with 1/4 of the year to go, millions of families have lost their homes, our children and their children have been saddled with a 700 billion debt. The past 8 years of Bush Jr's and the Congress Republicans scandals define rampant corruption and greed. You have to be a masochist if you vote Republican. I will never again vote Republican until this bail out is paid. The rest of American needs to start the "chant" ...."No more Republicans until the Debt is paid off"

October 3, 2008 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  17. Perfect Sense

Borrow $700 billion dollars and then give $150 billion in tax incentives to motion pictures, wooden arrows, and race tracks. Business as usual.

October 3, 2008 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  18. KenB, MI

the American people once again having no real input or for that matter a snow balls chance in hell to do anything more than be a spectator.

We're waking every morning to our same debt and lack of ability to get any money from those who've been bailed out of their problems.

Ball of Confusion.

October 3, 2008 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  19. tiffanie

i am not happy about this BAILOUT at all. i truly believe the same people who got VERY RICH off these bad decisions should be the ones cleaning up their mess. why can't the same peolpe who made MILLIONS off of these bad deals, give back some or all of their profits. why should it be the taxpayers, some of whom can not even afford to by stocks, houses, or even have bank accounts, have to take on the burden of paying it back. i am not happy with this situation, i am very upset with the people that i voted into office not standing up for the little people who are being railroaded into being responsible for the the actions of these GREEDY OPPORTUNIST.

October 3, 2008 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  20. Al Mellen

Bush is more than eager to sign this BAILOUT,,,,,,,If you are a true American, Mr. Bush,,,,,how about a bailout for those two border patrol agents that your administration locked away in a prison in Arizona,,,,,,,more than likely you and most other Americans have by now forgot them. If you had any gonad's,,,,,you would veto this bailout bill. This piece of S___will only make the rich,,,,much richer.

October 3, 2008 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  21. davwuh

I can't believe you idiots take this as another way to have a go at the GOP or the dems, they're both to blame and I can't believe you continue to vote your party of choice, they're both full of self-serving scumbags... vote 3rd party and send out a message

October 3, 2008 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  22. Noemi in Los Angeles

McBush needs to end his term early. Seriously.

October 3, 2008 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  23. Cheryl

CNN~Can you please investigate the voter fraud going on in Ohio from the group, ACORN, and what involvement Obama may have/has. He has ties to that group. Please be FAIR and BALANCED and give people what they need which is UNBIASED reporting!
    Thank you....hope this gets posted.

October 3, 2008 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  24. Judy Kolanowski

I have been diagnosed with small cell lung cancer and have recently told that I have 6 mos to live. I have had my house for sale for over a year so I can go back to S C to live out my life. Unfortunately, no one can get a loan to buy my house, I hope your bailout opens the mortgage loans so I can hopefully sell, so I can have family around when time is near the end for me.

October 3, 2008 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  25. mitch

JOHN MCCAIN JUST MADE HIMSELF FAMOUS AND WE ALL KNOW HIS NAME. WHAT ABOUT THE EARMARKS,JOHN?

October 3, 2008 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |