October 3rd, 2008

Clinton weighs in

Senator Hillary Clinton issued a statement praising Biden's performance.
Senator Hillary Clinton issued a statement praising Biden's performance.

(CNN) - Hillary Clinton issued a statement shortly after the debate praising Joe Biden's performance:

“Tonight's debate underscored the stark choice American families face in this election," she said. “I've known Senator Biden a long time – as Americans saw tonight, he is a strong, passionate and experienced leader. Like Barack Obama, Joe Biden understands both the economic stresses here at home and the strategic challenges in Iraq, Afghanistan, and around the world.

“We saw yet again that Senator McCain and Sarah Palin will offer only more of the same failed policies of the Bush Administration. America's hardworking Middle Class families deserve better.”

1. mc shameful

I am wonderingf why CNN thinks so highly of sarah specially the men...

she is pretty allright
    but she is pretty dumb

to me is insulting that a person like her who can not put one coherent sentence together and knows zero about economics, politics, government, or anything for that matter , is considered qualified and that she did well..

please this was a VP debate not a miss pageant...

she answer not one question, and everythign was about Alaska. with all du respect Alaska is the least of all states that one could say represents this great land..

please gergen adn shneider go join the rest of the men who look at palin as a woman and not as a person qualified to lead this country..

October 3, 2008 08:34 am at 8:34 am |
  2. Justin

“Tonight's debate underscored the stark choice American families face in this election," she said. “I've known Senator Biden a long time"

I believe that this statement is the major issue this country has with all of these Washington Insiders.

They've been there too long –

I'm a registered Republican / but vote independently

October 3, 2008 08:34 am at 8:34 am |
  3. EDW

Are you kidding me?! Palin did not even answer half of the questions! She keeps blabbering the same thing over and over again. This just tells me how intelligent she is about the important issues that our country faces today. Personally, I do not need a folksy VP, or President if something were to happen to McCain since he is fragile health-wise. What we need is a ticket that can lead and knows their stuff, not only domestic but foreign as well. I agree that it was irresponsible for McCaine to choose Palin. Over the past couple of weeks, the only thing she demonstrated to me was that she knows nothing about national and international issues. How can you know so little and be a heartbeat away to become the President of the United State. This is no joke! PALIN IS NOT READY and McCAIN HAS BAD JUDGEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 3, 2008 08:34 am at 8:34 am |
  4. Scott L

You would think she would have said something more powerful, in person, herself. Shows how little faith she has in Obama/Biden ticket.

She would have loved to have been on that stage. Obama made a terrible decision by not selecting her to run with him.

Very poor judgement. McCain/Palin have all the momentum now.

October 3, 2008 08:34 am at 8:34 am |
  5. Mary Katherine

Thank you, Hillary for your wisdom, support and leadership. This was one of the best debates of Joe Biden's career. We all look forward to you accepting a world changing role in the new administration in 09!!!

October 3, 2008 08:35 am at 8:35 am |
  6. carolflowery

Bill and Hillary Clinton should stop all their campaigning for this marxist, lying, chicago thug. Period. IM losing patience with both of them quickly.

the clintons are selling false goods. Period. They need to stop and desist all campaigning for the marxist, radial . leftist thug. I have lost all respect for them by doing this. I liked their silence much better.
    It spoke volumes. Let us never forget when Michelle was asked if she would support Hillary.
    "Well, I would have to think about that her tone, her language." Who is Obama's first and foremost advisor?
    out of his own mouth

"My wife....."

October 3, 2008 08:35 am at 8:35 am |
  7. Any fabre

Amen!!1

October 3, 2008 08:35 am at 8:35 am |
  8. Independent who has now decided

We don't need folksy(stupid). We need unscripted knowledge. And
    Joe Biden showed unscripted knowledge of the facts. He won hands
    down. The fact that Palin didn't stray from her cliff notes(thanks to calm
    winds), still doesn't make her qualified for VP. My vote goes to
    Obama / Biden.

October 3, 2008 08:36 am at 8:36 am |
  9. Truly American

Come on Hillary.. Keep pointing back instead of forward.
    Keep your eye on '12. That is what you really want.

October 3, 2008 08:36 am at 8:36 am |
  10. Spencer from VA

Hillary calling a spade a spade. SP is no HRC and she proved that last night. That lady has no substance in what she says and was avoiding answering questions directly.

OBAMA 08

October 3, 2008 08:36 am at 8:36 am |
  11. Frank Lee

More of the same is the McCain/Palin platform.

Sorry, it's time for a real change.

October 3, 2008 08:36 am at 8:36 am |
  12. Ms. GA

Thank You Hillary!
    Biden did an exceptional job in this debate. Palin didn't answer any questions. I felt like she created and answered her own questions. This debate was not about who could be the best soccer mom. This debate was about whom can best deal with our current situation and she did not show she could handle it.

October 3, 2008 08:36 am at 8:36 am |
  13. dem4McCain

Sara Palin won the debate and hit the ball right out of the park last night...She will be a great V.P.

October 3, 2008 08:36 am at 8:36 am |
  14. D&D

That's what I'm talking about: Go Hillary for Obama/Biden!

October 3, 2008 08:36 am at 8:36 am |
  15. ANGIE

Was that the same sara palin that was on katie couric seems there is 2 of her I dont think sara did well she didnt answer the questions she talked in circles Joe Biden did a much better job at explaining how he and barack will govern this country! JOE BIDEN WON!

October 3, 2008 08:37 am at 8:37 am |
  16. Independent who has now decided

We don't need folksy(stupid). We got that with George Bush. We need unscripted knowledge. And Joe Biden showed unscripted knowledge of the facts. He won handsdown. The fact that Palin didn't stray from her cliff notes(thanks to calm winds), still doesn't make her qualified for VP. My vote goes to Obama / Biden.

October 3, 2008 08:37 am at 8:37 am |
  17. Andre

I think that if she had not done the interviews with Katie prior to this debate, and put on the same performance it would be safe to say she would have let her party down. But since the expectations of her were so low, she had no choice but to go up. All she had to do was not mess up. It sounded like she was reading a teleprompter the whole night, and reciting quotes from John Mcain ads. BE SERIOUS!!!!!

October 3, 2008 08:37 am at 8:37 am |
  18. W Spivey Merritt Island, FL

Way to go Hillary

October 3, 2008 08:37 am at 8:37 am |
  19. Akin

Sarah Palin said TALIBANI yesterday, and nuculerrrii (lol)....... Why is no one talking about that? THAT IS A BIG BIG Mistake coming from the next vice president...

TALIBANI (Very funny).... This is a JOKE.

October 3, 2008 08:38 am at 8:38 am |
  20. BJGT

Biden is an intelligent experienced leader who understands the complex issues facing our country.

Palin can memorize talking points off of flashcards.

October 3, 2008 08:38 am at 8:38 am |
  21. Marilyn

Thank you Hillary. You are so right!!!

October 3, 2008 08:38 am at 8:38 am |
  22. Sylvia

I still love you Hillary and I know you are only saying what you have to!!!

October 3, 2008 08:38 am at 8:38 am |
  23. Delores Johnson

I live in Canada
    Palin have no substance, her answers were very poor she never answer the questions, one of her answer is I am just doing thing 5 weeks. If John Mccan should die right now can she step in American's need to ask this question seriously after her comment last night Palin is out of her league,. She keep repeating her answers. she turn me off.

October 3, 2008 08:38 am at 8:38 am |
  24. facts are facts

Hillary's right on.

Bush is Joe 6 pack Sara is 3 bottles short.

I can't understand why a candidate for VP would get high marks for no other reason than she actually completed some sentences.

Gonna fix the corruption in Wall St. & Washington but not troopergate.

Never answered questions just rambled on with canned Carl Rove politics.

October 3, 2008 08:38 am at 8:38 am |
  25. Dallas, TX

Give me a break, all I saw was an old man with a smart young woman who held her own!

Young leaders like Sarah Palin are the future of politics!

Sarah Palin '08!!