October 3rd, 2008

McCain-Palin campaign releases two years of Palin tax returns

McCain-Palin campaign released Sarah and Todd Palin's tax returns.
McCain-Palin campaign released Sarah and Todd Palin's tax returns.

(CNN) - The McCain-Palin campaign released Sarah and Todd Palin's 2006 and 2007 tax returns Friday afternoon. The campaign says the Palins paid $36,682 in federal taxes for those years, and contributed $8,205 to charity. The campaign also released a financial disclosure report for Todd Palin.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Shannon

Southern Hottie, you're the idiot! What have you accomplished in your life that comes near what she has,besides a stupid name to post by!

October 3, 2008 08:54 pm at 8:54 pm |
  2. Marie

How can they donate a crib & clothing with a donor cost of $400, and deduct $1000. What we donate does not APPRECIATE – it is the opposite. On the '06 return. Thrift store value must have really gone up!!

October 3, 2008 08:56 pm at 8:56 pm |
  3. Independant, Dallas TX

McCain's medical records are what we really want to see. Why are they being hidden?!?! I would like to vote for McCain but won't do it without full disclosure. I need to know he'll be there for the full term.

October 3, 2008 09:00 pm at 9:00 pm |
  4. TCE

She'll fade away....

October 3, 2008 09:01 pm at 9:01 pm |
  5. sm

She doesn't BLINK, but she sure does WINK!!

October 3, 2008 09:03 pm at 9:03 pm |
  6. GDP

Is a fake! this election is about who do we elect: inexperienced and windbag or windbag and inexperienced.

At least I ma not voting for the man who was to chicken to select the strong woman-that's for sure!!

October 3, 2008 09:06 pm at 9:06 pm |
  7. aware

Palin is the new Reagan. She is an authentic breath of fresh air with an outside of Washington credibility! She represents the real change mainstream Americans can believe in! :)

Obama does not have American values or a moral center. He is a far-left liberal with a socialist/fascist ideology and a tax and spend economic plan and a tunnel vision energy plan that will destroy America! :(

Vote McCain/Palin 08! They will deliver the real reform that will make a great America even better! :)

October 3, 2008 09:06 pm at 9:06 pm |
  8. M Evans

Those who are saying they contributed more to charity than Obama – clearly that is not the case. The $8k they gave was over two years – year one they gave 1.5% of their income, year 2 was 3%. Obama gave 4.7% in 05 and 6% in 07. (Both fall short of the 10% tithe that is expected, which is especially surprising for Palin considering how she exploits her faith for political purposes)

Lumping the $8k together misleads folks into thinking it was a one year total for the quick reader. I'd bet that prior years were even lower percentages. Also, they apparently took a loss in one of Todd's businesses – either they're fudging his self-employment figures or they really can't manage their endeavors. Either would be concerning.

October 3, 2008 09:07 pm at 9:07 pm |
  9. Fred from San Jose

My daughter, who is 6, was asking me why Palin was winking at the camera. I said to her that Palin is trying to be appear friendly. My daughter then commented: If she wants to be friendly, she needs to talk better. Mrs. Alexander (her teacher) said that when talking to people, I need to answer the question quickly and not make up words. That way people will like me.

I guess Palin never had Mrs Alexander for teacher.

October 3, 2008 09:09 pm at 9:09 pm |
  10. nikki

to john who posted around 4 or 4:30 regarding biden's net worth. you could easily research it before spouting off:

With a net worth between $59,000 and $366,000, and almost no outside income or investment income, he is consistently ranked as one of the least wealthy members of the Senate. Biden states that he has been listed as the second poorest member in Congress, a distinction that he is not proud of, but attributes it to being elected early in his career.

October 3, 2008 09:09 pm at 9:09 pm |
  11. thomas harding

she sure is cute!!!

October 3, 2008 09:10 pm at 9:10 pm |
  12. Lynda Ridgefield, CT.

Watch McPain the next time, very carefully. He appears to get all jiggy when he's in her presence.
    She's very ambitous, and that wink, wink, may very well work in Wasillia, but down here on the mainland, you need brains, and a desire to work accros the isle...doubt she's able to do that. From her debates in AK, she sounds like a shrill.
    What bothers me about her, is this, who, in their right mind, knowing they are carrying a baby who is facing challenges, goes into labor, and waits for hours to travel back to Alaska, from a gov meeting, so she can deliever on her homeland? Maybe she is pro-life, but what was she thinking, putting that child at risk?
    There's just not enough info on her, and I don't want a VP, thinking I'm a JOE SIX-PACK?
    Who talks like that at a VP debate?
    She's a sorry excuse for both a mom and mother!!!

October 3, 2008 09:11 pm at 9:11 pm |
  13. bryon

She lacks knowledge, experience and the ability to make the right decisions for this country, plain and simple.

October 3, 2008 09:13 pm at 9:13 pm |
  14. Obama/Biden 08!

Cheryl: I hear there's voter fraud going on buts its the repugs that are doing it. They just got thrown out of court trying to shut down early voting in areas that Mccain is apparently not doing well in....hmmmm
    Now why would they try something so dirty and underhanded????

Better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and prove you are a fool. Check your facts!

October 3, 2008 09:13 pm at 9:13 pm |
  15. Meri from Virginia

How does she afford those $3,000 suits?

October 3, 2008 09:14 pm at 9:14 pm |
  16. EW

It's interesting that the Palin's don't actually tithe on their income. As someone whose faith is said to be important to her, and given their income, I would have expected Sarah Palin's charitable contributions to be five-figures.

October 3, 2008 09:15 pm at 9:15 pm |
  17. Robert Barnett

How the hell do you score a federal task rate or 9.3% and 14.9%. All I hear is Republicans complain about high taxes – hardly call these high. These are way lower than I have ever seen. If this is the average tax rate for Governors then that's the job I want!

October 3, 2008 09:18 pm at 9:18 pm |
  18. Pat, Pa.

Did you notice Psych 101 in action last night. " May I call you Joe " ??
    She tried to be so cutesy with all of the winking, etc. Make no mistakes ladies, she wasn't doing that for your benefit. She was trying to get the attention of the men because she figures she has a lot of women in her corner ( Hillary supporters ) and now needs more men. By the way, some of these men lean on their women about who they should vote for. BELIEVE IT.
    People, do your homework. This is too important an election to just elect someone because they look good, or act cute, or TRY to make you believe she is one of just the average Americans. She is not. For you people who identify with her because she is a mother. Big deal ! It doesn't take much to conceive a child. It takes a hell of a lot to be a mother though, and that means being there for your children and not using them to further your ambitions.
    If you have questions about a lot of this crap that is being e-mailed around about Obama, go to sites like TruthorFiction.com or Snopes.com. Put his name in and read about them on there. You may be surprised about how much of it is just crap. These people who send this around are bigots. Plain and simple.

October 3, 2008 09:25 pm at 9:25 pm |
  19. Susan in Florida

I have been working with my local Democratic Headquarters making phone calls for the Obama Campaign. I sincerely would like to know why, when I nicely introduce myself over the phone, are Mccain supporters so obnoxious, angry and secretive? They can't even seem to utter the words, "I'm voting for Mccain." Nine out of ten of them are such a rude bunch of characters!
    I'm voting for BARACK OBAMA!
    I say it loud. I say it proud.

October 3, 2008 09:32 pm at 9:32 pm |