October 3rd, 2008

McCain-Palin campaign releases two years of Palin tax returns

McCain-Palin campaign released Sarah and Todd Palin's tax returns.
McCain-Palin campaign released Sarah and Todd Palin's tax returns.

(CNN) - The McCain-Palin campaign released Sarah and Todd Palin's 2006 and 2007 tax returns Friday afternoon. The campaign says the Palins paid $36,682 in federal taxes for those years, and contributed $8,205 to charity. The campaign also released a financial disclosure report for Todd Palin.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Kay

Cheryl, I live in Ohio. What are you talking about? Obama doesn't need to cheat to win. That's not the way we do things. That's the other party. Remember the election in 2000.

October 3, 2008 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  2. rin

sorry these taxes are bogus!!! lol ..... this lady is a joke.......joe six pack my rear end!! more like XO special edition..... with a e pill to fool the ignorant people in this country!!! LOL

October 3, 2008 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  3. phyllis from tucson

I'm completely for Obama BUT I wanted to listen to Palin to see what she had to say. Her talk was mostly sloganesque and hallmark cardesque but the really irritating thing was her nasal voice and pressured speech. I had to conclude that she is manic. After I realized that , everything else fell in to place. Her 'self-confidence' and her supposed charm spring from a personality that has disturbing manic symptoms. Did you notice how she used her hand to summon her husband to the stage and the five minutes she held that baby she patted him in a pressured, non-calming manner. She is scary. I think she's gotten so far because she is georgous and people excuse women for alot, if they have the looks. Her looks and her bullying behavior are a great team. Let's hope the American people see through it.

October 3, 2008 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  4. tatanka

My comments are just as good as anybody elses. The Palins paid more in income taxes than most JOE SIX PACKS I know. They are also in the top 5% of the the wage earners making them qualify to pay more in income taxes than any JOE SIX PACK I know also and under an Obama administration they will pay more in income taxes ha ha

October 3, 2008 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  5. Pat

Hey Deb,

No...she gave it to the "Witch Hunter" in Africa!!!

October 3, 2008 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  6. Independent for Obama

Cheryl, ignore facts...

KEATING 5!
    KEATING 5!
    KEATING 5!
    KEATING 5!
    KEATING 5!

October 3, 2008 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  7. Amelia

I loved what Chris Matthews on MSNBC said. He said last night he felt like he was at a spelling bee! She could recite the answers but she does not understand the depth of the issues. How can Republicans not see that? Are they just not as bright? I do not get this calling everyone the media elite or criticizing Washington either. She shouldn't criticize the government that she is ASKING US if she can run. It is idiotic It does not give me confidence in her at all. This woman is DANGEROUS, no one should buy her folksy winks and flirts and baby waving. She is BUSH in lipstick only perhaps more uninformed.

October 3, 2008 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  8. Paula

As a Feminist, I am outraged how everyone including media are tiptoeing around this excuse for a Politician!! (I would love to hear what people REALY think) She is the worst example of Affirmative Action. Intelligent women everywhere should be furious at McCain for this-a Bimbo to grab the spotlight,

October 3, 2008 05:07 pm at 5:07 pm |
  9. Matt

Hmmmm, not much of a "Joe six pack" type of a person if she makes 166K a year. I am an engineer – I wish I made half of that

Rediculous

October 3, 2008 05:08 pm at 5:08 pm |
  10. L. MIAMI, FLORIDA

VULGAR TONGUE, MC FAILING 6 DIFFERENT COLLEGES

AND OLD GRANDPA, DEPENDS USER MCSHAME ARE

UNFIT TO COMMAND !

ENOUGH !

GO OBAMA / BIDEN

October 3, 2008 05:08 pm at 5:08 pm |
  11. Olivia

On the news channell...............

Palins earned approx $166,00.00 and gave over $8,00,00 to charity......even with having 5 kids

If i remember correctly......the obamas earned over 3 million, bought a 1million + home.......gave only approx $350.00 to charity.

McCain gave heavily to charity, and so did the Clintons.

Are you people missing something here? Go back and ck the nbrs.

Cnn.........you didn't disclose the Palin's taxable income. Why?

October 3, 2008 05:08 pm at 5:08 pm |
  12. Cuban-mami-4-OBAMA

OKAY EVERYONE, I FOUND OUT WHERE CHERYL GOT HER "VOTER FRAUD RUMOR":

"FAUX" NEWS. Surprise! Go to Newshound.com "We watch Fox so you don't have to"......... check it out.

MORE far-right lies........... get ready for a huge battle should Sen. Obama (God willing) win!

October 3, 2008 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  13. v.ananthan

I think Palin has the courage and the fighting spirit to expose OBAMA and attack him...

McCain & Palin 08.-

October 3, 2008 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  14. Shirley-Ohio

Do senators make more money than govenors? And they say senators are not capable of being president. That tax information does not sound right for a governor.

October 3, 2008 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  15. RIF

"Cheryl" I think they aready did and that story is bogus. It's funny that you used the slogan from what I'm sure is your favorite neews station fox. You can go back and read and look at public records to debunk this latest smear. You and Fox are in a win at all cost mode now I see.

October 3, 2008 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |
  16. Mary

Joe six pack only makes that much money - not pay it in taxes

October 3, 2008 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |
  17. John in Pa

Enough with the Sara Palin stuff. I was going to vote for John McCain but I have changed my mind because of that woman. She doesn't have a clue what the hell is going on and I love this country too much to let her even get remotely close to the powerful office in the world. She is not even close to being ready for the job. Let's face it America she doesn't know jack about anything. Sorry McCain but that is the way I feel and Obama is right John. Sara made me question your jugdement.

October 3, 2008 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |
  18. Bill Charlotte,NC

Maybe now she will go on CNBC and discuss the financial problems she solve in Wascilla's PTA. Perhaps they will just give her an hour to babble on like she thinks everyone else should.
    No more TRICK questions for Sarah Plain like "can you name one thing you read?"

October 3, 2008 05:11 pm at 5:11 pm |
  19. I said Thanks, but No Thanks to another 4 years of g.o.p. corruption, arrogance and incompetence

Why is McCain off the campaign trail until Teusday. Palin is doing four solo appearances in Florida on Monday and McCain has no appearances.

Free John!

October 3, 2008 05:11 pm at 5:11 pm |
  20. brain

1+million Dollar lady. Don't care, she is not like me!

October 3, 2008 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  21. nkl for obama/biden from ohio

to the person about the rev wright comment no she gave one or more cents to her witch doctor pastor. I wish cnn would play this tape as msnbc has and you tube. obamas rev wright tape was played over and over, all dayu everyday cnn please don't show favoritism. what about her husbaNDS W'2S HE WAS STILL PRESENTLY WORKING UP TILL THIS YEAR WORKING FOR BP OFFSHORE OIL COMPANY IN ALASKA AS A OIL PRODUCER? IT TOOK LONG ENUFF TO TRY AND CLEAN THEM UP

October 3, 2008 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  22. Adama

Finally the Democrats AND Republicans have let down all pretense of working for the American people. They took our money, gave it to the banks so that they could loan us our money back and they pocket the interest.

No wonder why people are flocking to the Libertarian Party.

October 3, 2008 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  23. Anna PA

I could care less about her tax returns, her troopergate investigation, her husbands roll as shadow politician, the witch hunting minister, keeping a young child out to all hours, throwing her pregnant teenage daughter at the public, her book banning mission and the fact that she hangs with people who talk in tongues!

All I care about is that she HAS absolutley no ability to handle the very very important job that has been placed before her. All the other stuff is just icing on top of this s__t cake known has Sarah Palin.

NOV 4. CAN'T GET HERE FAST ENOUGH!!!!!

October 3, 2008 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  24. JASON FROM LOS ANGELES .

I WANT TO SEE HER 10 YEAR TAX RECORD!!

October 3, 2008 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  25. Al

I have to admit that she did do better in the debates than I had thought she would do. While I got to know her through watching her last night and saw that she is a good person, she should never ever take it personal that she is not ready for this position, being a heartbeat away from the Presidency. There are 3 valid points here 1) She evaded answering a lot of important questions, which left a lot of doubts in my mind. 2) She didn't seem to come to the realization that John McCain is going to magically and suddenly change and become a different person and be just like her once he were to get elected, and his record clearly does demonstrate that he would not be a maverick in anyway. He is just like the rest of the republican bunch that has been in power for the past 8 years and to expect him to suddenly change overnight is not a realistic expectation. 3) Her foreign policy experience and policy opinions are not up to par, in my opinion, especially when I listened to the remarks about the location of Al Queda along with her views on Iraq. On the domestic front, she did mis-step on the tax and healthcare issue a little. She proved that she is a sharp debater up there, but when breaking down the substance of the issues and opinions that were expressed, I feel that she is too much in step with John McCain's views and her attempts to separate her and John McCain from George Bush were not very convincing.

October 3, 2008 05:14 pm at 5:14 pm |