(CNN) - The McCain-Palin campaign released Sarah and Todd Palin's 2006 and 2007 tax returns Friday afternoon. The campaign says the Palins paid $36,682 in federal taxes for those years, and contributed $8,205 to charity. The campaign also released a financial disclosure report for Todd Palin.
Obviously, Palin has a typical middle-clas*s family in terms of earnings and lifestyle. Plus, she gives a good portion of her money to charity. I can relate to her and she can relate to folks like me and those in my family. She knows. She's been there. She IS there.
McCain-Palin – 2008
I am having a hard time buying this, using H&R Block? We are involved in Real Estate and have to hire an accountant. She continues to SCARE me. Last nothing did nothing for me!
Did anyone notice that she is paying 9% and 11% in taxes, when the standard rate is 38%. If we could get around all the loop holes in our tax code and get people to actually pay - oh, I don't know – maybe what I pay (in percentile), America might not have such a huge deficit.
This is really funny! Why are you guys still mocking her? She has given more in chartity than Biden and Obama. This is truly an awesome American!
She has put her money where her mouth is! She has given back to the people of her state and given to the less fortunate.
GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GOD BLESS THE PALIN'S!
I read the transcript and Sarah's English is horrible. She is not choosing to be folksy because it's a good effect, she has to be folksy, because that's all she knows.
I wouldn't have a problem with that if being folksy came with the knowledge and intelligence to run this great country. I like folksy, but I don't like it in a potential president of the United States– in this day and age. Give me intelligence and integrity.
Her religion requires her to make a percentage of her income into charitable donations. Palin is trying harder and harder to appear as much of a redneck as she can. She thinks it is the way to win votes. We have had 8 years of George 12 pack. Someone you want to have a beer with. The result is a broken economy and an invasion of a country. It is time this country realized that there is nothing wrong with having a smart president.
What was her gross earning, and deductions? How much money did she give to her crazy church? ....It doesn't matter she was beaten last night in the debate. The only reason why she was destroyed was Biden had to wake a fine line. If he it to hard = over baring and a bully, to soft = he's an idiot or even sexist. Look I for one don't want Joe six pack running the country I love.
Here is another take on racism. If Barak Obama would have used slang would white america say he was down to earth? Black=Slang and White=Folksy down to earth gosh darn it we can identify with that.
A Warning to Obama supporter...GET OUT AND VOTE...BEFORE WE GET ANOTHER JOE SIX-PACK IN THE WHITE HOUSE.
After Nov. 5th she will be gone from my living room anyways.
She wants to extend the powers of VP position like Dick Chenny, wishful thinking.
well maybe her witch doctor pastor is telling her something the rest of us don't know!!!
5 or 6 talking ponts will never get you the VP position in America, Not this time and not ever .
When will the McCain " Lies Express" pack up and leave Ohio, Penn. and Florida? I can't wait!!!!!
Sarah had facts –
Joe had blow
So there you go
YOU PEOPLE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES.....THE WAY YOU PUT THIS WOMEN DOWN IS SICKENING...GO AHEAD AND PUT OBAMA IN THE WHITE HOUSE...I BET YOU WILL BE WHINING FOR THE NEXT 4 YEARS......USE YOUR HEAD NOT YOUR MOUTHS FOR A CHANGE........
They're such a cute couple :)
America needs to move from me... to We.
Palin, McCain they're are about themselves not the people.
We need a reawakening of our allegiance to real vales and institutions that sustain all people and their neighborhoods. Obama is for the persons who can bring about these changes. Any one can see through the Plain grammar of this plan. We need real people, who can really make the changes for the 21st Century and on.
The fact that Palin was able to speak correctly by using complete sentences, finally, should have been a given and not a measure of success. Sarah’s next step should be to try speaking complete words such as getting instead of gettin’ but I cannot expect too much at this point. Then maybe that is the “folksy” quality which I guess I do not understand up here in my elite ivory tower, surrounded by servants while I look out at the serfs sowing the fields. But apparently I am suppose to give her more time since she has only been in the race for 5 weeks. Tell that to Putin, Sarah Simpleton.
Biden, who I have only seen at the DNC and the debate far outshined Palin.
Most importantly Biden has a bond that I truly envy. When his son, Beau introduced him to the crowd at the DNC he had to pause when speaking about his Dad and it was obvious he loves his father very much. Then last night when Biden was talking about his sons and the horrible accident that took the lives of their wife, mother and sister, he choked up when discussing his kids. Since I have no kids, I can only imagine how it would be to care so much for someone it is obvious you would gladly and willingly give your life to save the life of your son. So, Joe, all those 2 hours train rides to go back home to be with your sons was worth every bit of your time and I commend you. That empathy is DEFINITELY a quality I want in a man that will have the ear of the President. Especially when the President is discussing whether to send the sons and daughters of America, to a pre-emptive war. A war that to date has killed 4,000+ and wounded 30,000 and still counting.
I'm a little confused. Let me see if I have this straight...
* If you grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you're "exotic, different."
* Grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers, a quintessential American story.
* If your name is Barack you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.
* Name your kids Willow, Trig and Track, you're a maverick.
* Graduate from Harvard law School and you are unstable.
* Attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you're well grounded.
* If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, become the first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you don't have any real leadership experience.
* If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, 20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people, then you're qualified to become the country's second highest ranking executive.
* If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising 2 beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you're not a real Christian.
* If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a Christian.
* If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education, including the proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.
* If , while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no other option in sex education in your state's school system while your unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant , you're very responsible.
* If your wife is a Harvard graduate lawyer who gave up a position in a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family's values don't represent America's.
* If you're husband is nicknamed "First Dude", with at least one DWI conviction and no college education, who didn't register to vote until age
25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession of Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely admirable.
OK, much clearer now.!!
Just 2 years? Seriously?
And... since the state is paying her for lodging in her own home, shouldn't she have to declare that as some sort of business income?
Maybe I just overlooked that part.
Cindy is not giving her tax returns up for nothing. She obviously doesn't think John is going to win. If she releases them, then he can't continue to be the man of "the people", while he's in the Senate.
7- 9 houses
$300,000.00 for Cindy's convention outfit
$250,000.00 a year for servants
Voting for the Obama/Biden ticket and getting rid of George W. Bush once and for all – priceless.
Maybe McCain/Palin should just stop their campaign now. It seems All America is so hungry for CHANGE and ONLY OBAMA/BIDEN are capable of bringing about that change. I'm sure this would make everyone very happy. ONCE OBAMA MAKE THAT CHANGE, THE UNITED STATES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN. Just remeber, be careful what you ask for, you just might get it. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!
Do all you people consider yourselves in the same category as Sandra Bernhardt?
Anyone who thinks Palin is one of us is a complete MORON.
Her husband is connected to one of the biggest oil companies. There must be something wrong with that number.
Ordinary folks can't afford 2,000 dollar coats. Or a plane and other luxuries her family enjoys. There is no way these figures are true.
So, let me get this straight - all these people that say she isn't qualified.........do you think all the clowns in the Washington now are "quaified and know what they're doing"??? Wake up people, look at the mess we're in because the Congress committees that were suppose to oversee Fannie and Freddie were not doing their job. I'll take my chances with Sarah Palin over these clowns anyday!!!!
Tax records seem irrelevant for someone so frightfully unqualified to be a heartbeat away from the presidency.
I want to hear more about Keating 5 and Troopergate -
Ok so if they are earning just that much and The Barracuda said they lost 20,000 in the down turn in stocks that would mean that they have a huge amount stashed away in the wall street. Todd has 500,000 worth of equipment on $50,000 salary is another thing that does not balance.
They have to be getting some good bacon from somewhere that is not being disclosed at all.
PORK BELLIES is the ultimate answer to this.
TROOPERGATE we should look at but I have a feeling that we will soon be looking a PORKGATE in Alaska.
This race is just about as DONE as the Cubs-Dodger series....