October 3rd, 2008

McCain-Palin campaign releases two years of Palin tax returns

McCain-Palin campaign released Sarah and Todd Palin's tax returns.
McCain-Palin campaign released Sarah and Todd Palin's tax returns.

(CNN) - The McCain-Palin campaign released Sarah and Todd Palin's 2006 and 2007 tax returns Friday afternoon. The campaign says the Palins paid $36,682 in federal taxes for those years, and contributed $8,205 to charity. The campaign also released a financial disclosure report for Todd Palin.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Jody Monroe

where's the income amount? What web site can I pull up to find out how much they earned?

October 3, 2008 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  2. orlando

They have moved out of Michigan. I think the McCain Campaign should pack up and move to Alaska.

October 3, 2008 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  3. ADG

WE all have to pay taxes! If shes so charitable then she should help that 90 year old lady that shot herself!!! good job republicans have done the last 8 years 4more is just what we need! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if palin looks in the mirror and thinks about all the lies she has be telling, you shall not lie or put false wittness . thats all she seems to do....... Im sick of mccain and palin I cant imagen what it would be like with them in the white house. more of the same!!!

October 3, 2008 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  4. Had enough of the bs yet?

I'd like to know the charities the Palin's donated to. Was it that outfit that is for Alaska succeeding from the Union? Was it donations to the outfit that is hateful toward Israel that we can see the blurb about on Utube? I think it's about time the Palin's are totally investigated by the FBI. They remind me of the people the FBI hunted down at Ruby Ridge and Waco. I'm also very fed up with all this kid glove, politically correct crapfest that's only screwing the American public out of honest talk. HONEST talk, not a whole lot of lying or spin.

October 3, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  5. Obama08FL

Deb – you are what McCain wants and can have. He wants all dumb American such as yourself to vote for his ticket. It is funny that once Rev. Wright made his statements Obama cut tides with the guy, because Obama saw the true side of him. Why don't you see the true side of the Republican. It is funny that he votes 90% of the time of what Bush voted for, and he decides he wants to distance himself from him when he starts running for president. Are you kidding me!!!!!

October 3, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  6. J. Bean

Another rich Republican, right?

Where are Cindy McCain's?

October 3, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  7. Guy, San Diego

If I had been Gwen Ifill, I would not have allowed Sarah to ignore my questions. It was an insult to the process of the debate and the voters.

This is the kind of administration John will have. He'll ignore the American people and say he's doing everything for the American people, but it will actually be for himself.

John is a snake. Only a snake would crawl on his belly to leave a woman who had just been in an accident and three kids. Cindy Lou is also a snake, because only a snake would have an affair with a married man, and retell the story on national television, about when they first "met", or "cheated" in my book.

Barack Obama
    One house and one spouse.

October 3, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  8. Lola, PA

She's in way over her head, and John is not exactly a sane man.

Obama/Biden 08

October 3, 2008 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  9. McCain's The Man!

To Deb (4:35)

I agree with you Deb, let's hope that Wright doesn't end up on the Supreme Court!

Oh, not to worry, for McCain will be our next President!!!

McCain/Palin!!!!

October 3, 2008 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  10. Obama is for UNITING of the PEOPLE

Not ONE bridge but TWO to NO WHERE in Alaska!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Palin should be the LAST person to talk about what someone say. “I think, in my world” Yes, Palin you are RIGHT, there's not ANYONE in YOUR world, but McCain.

October 3, 2008 05:35 pm at 5:35 pm |
  11. msanii

Who cares about taxes????

October 3, 2008 05:35 pm at 5:35 pm |
  12. conny

Weeee need some more years of tax returns from this untrustworthy person. Just as she gave rehearsed answers to questions that she just simply couldn't answer.

October 3, 2008 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  13. Amber

I hate Palin!! She doesn't know what she is talking about.

October 3, 2008 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  14. Dinah, CT

My daughter speaks better English than Sarah, and she's eight.

October 3, 2008 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  15. Janie Lewis

I thought you had to do 7 years, does she get special treatment ?

October 3, 2008 05:38 pm at 5:38 pm |
  16. Mike

Cheryl wrote, "..one day you'll wake up and the GREAT United States will be something totally different and not in a good way!"

She is right...only that day occurred back in November of 2000 when we chose a moron and his nazi sidekick to lead the free world.

October 3, 2008 05:38 pm at 5:38 pm |
  17. A good citizen

I Want to see 10 years of her tax. She can't fool us.

October 3, 2008 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |
  18. Co Battleground

How could it be only 36K – when they both make over 100K together – almost 250K combined.... My combined incomve is 80K and we paid well over 28K in taxes – Doesn't seem right ? What about all the other years that are supposed to be disclosed. What about Cindy McCain? I'd like to see their numbers -

October 3, 2008 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  19. birdie3

shes a real nut.
    4 year dregee in 6 schools
    pg so rushed into quick marriage .
    real good image for america
    god mc shame must be a bit nuts also.

October 3, 2008 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  20. Naomi

STOP HATING ON OBAMA!!! HE IS WHO I WANT FOR PRESIDENT!! HE SEEMS CALM AND HAS A PLAN FOR THE COUNTRY. TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH, I FEEL SOME REPUBLICANS ARE ABSOLUTELY STUPID. HOW CAN THIS WOMAN BE SO QUALIFIED? SHE SHOWS UP AND DO A REHEARSED DEBATE, THAT DOESN'T MAKE HER QUALIFIED. WAKE UP AMERICA!!! MY GOODNESS. LET'S NOT BE FOOLISH. OTHER COUNTRIES ARE WATCHING US AND THEY ARE PROBABLY LAUGHING THEIR FACES OFF AT THIS COUNTRY.

October 3, 2008 05:41 pm at 5:41 pm |
  21. Liz in Atlanta

OK Cheryl,
    If CNN wants to report about voter fraud, what about the the voter fraud from FL and in Michigan that came from the RNC? It's called vote caging and the rethugs are trying to make sure democrats get turned away at the polls.

October 3, 2008 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  22. Megan from San Diego

I love all the McCain supporters that call Obama supporters whiners. Umm, have you been listening to McCain lately???? He does nothing but whine.

Obama is beating me in the polls because "life isn't fair"...

Stop picking on Sarah because she is a girl...

Poor me, poor me. I was "destined" to be president but the American people just won't cooperate! Wah, wah, wah!

October 3, 2008 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  23. TyWebb

Two years is all?

October 3, 2008 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  24. Ty

Ya know what we'll all get from PALIN -

PAIN

October 3, 2008 05:45 pm at 5:45 pm |
  25. Jack

They did....NOT.... include the per diem in their returns. Also, they just submitted the 2007 return on Sept 3rd., 2008.

CPA sites I've read say they should include the per diem $17,000 they took.

Also, aren't Christians supposed to tithe? Give 10% to charity?

Not even close.