October 3rd, 2008

McCain-Palin campaign releases two years of Palin tax returns

McCain-Palin campaign released Sarah and Todd Palin's tax returns.
McCain-Palin campaign released Sarah and Todd Palin's tax returns.

(CNN) - The McCain-Palin campaign released Sarah and Todd Palin's 2006 and 2007 tax returns Friday afternoon. The campaign says the Palins paid $36,682 in federal taxes for those years, and contributed $8,205 to charity. The campaign also released a financial disclosure report for Todd Palin.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. donsem

Now, that shows courage, determination and working above the table. Now we need to see Joe biden tax report for the last two years. Lets see if they have the guts as the Palin's have!. The people of America demands this and now!

October 3, 2008 06:19 pm at 6:19 pm |
  2. CJ

@Matt – not like all of the "rest" of us. Never made that much money in my life and I don't see it happening anytime soon either.

October 3, 2008 06:20 pm at 6:20 pm |
  3. DLM

They're hiding something. It seems pretty ironic she claims to be "Joe Six-pack America" but managed to give over $8K to charity. I can't wait until this election is over. She is so annoying.

October 3, 2008 06:20 pm at 6:20 pm |
  4. LLL

Not like the RICH dems

October 3, 2008 06:20 pm at 6:20 pm |
  5. SameerJ

Biden was in such a vulnerable place with the story about how he has lived and understood what it was like to be a single dad with kids and having to go through the tragic loss with the accident, where he lost his wife and daugther. It was such a personal and vulnerable moment that no matter who you are, republican or democrat, if you are human, you’d be touched by that. He almost choked on the memory of that moment. Without regard for the whole world that was watching. In such a vulnerable moment for him, as a mother herself, Sarah Palin should have at least said something decent to him before re-starting her political ‘pit bull nonsense’. Instead, the first words coming out of her mouth, mockingly were “There you go again, Joe!“. I would never vote for a person like Sarah Palin. The woman doesn’t have basic human “decency and goodness” – most American of values. All the crap from her about about putting the regular people first stinks of falseness. She doesn’t get my vote. I hope she doesn’t get yours. Not only does she not have basic empathy, she's also light on the fundamental knowledge and understanding scale. I know more people in my friends circle that have an order of magnitude better understanding of foreign issues and basic economy.

Also, I didn't know much about Joe Biden before, but I have new found respect for him now. As a VP, I feel so much more confident that he's more than ready for the job. I'm also confident that he can take over the reigns and lead the country as president if he has to in a heartbeat. I trust that his leadership skills and knowledge and experience compared to all this maveric BS any day.

October 3, 2008 06:21 pm at 6:21 pm |
  6. Amanda

Come one everyone, I'm no fan of Palin's but at least this is a step in the right direction. I give her credit for this. She could've gone a few years back further, but its better than nothing. I'm still for Obama/Biden though!

October 3, 2008 06:22 pm at 6:22 pm |
  7. rm

Cheryl:

You should be on the McCain/Palin ticket. Sounds like you like making up stuff too...

October 3, 2008 06:22 pm at 6:22 pm |
  8. Darryl

After reviewing Gov. Sarah Palin online Tax PDF files on Senator John McCain website I seem signs of tax what look like tax fraud.. Someone needs to look at them closer.. The are signs of tax fraud,,

The money that she recieved from VECO has not been reported.....

October 3, 2008 06:22 pm at 6:22 pm |
  9. DebraW-NY

Palin believes dinosaurs walked the earth at the same time as humans. Case closed.

She is an uncultivated moron, and an insult to thinking men & women everywhere.

October 3, 2008 06:23 pm at 6:23 pm |
  10. joe

Tony

You are a sexist and a moron

October 3, 2008 06:23 pm at 6:23 pm |
  11. Daniel

If Palin isn't qualified to be Vice President then Obama surely isn't qualified to be President since their experience in public office is about the same. One could argue that she is better qualified than Obama. He has zero executive experience.

October 3, 2008 06:24 pm at 6:24 pm |
  12. Pray for the Pipeline

There are a lot of ways to contribute to charity other than monetarily-and I'd be willing to be that most of the $8205 went to their church for snakes and other paraphenalia for their talking in tongues, driving out the witches ceremonies

October 3, 2008 06:25 pm at 6:25 pm |
  13. deb

All of the people who are still defending McCain/Palin never really have any good reason for doing so! Come on, people, she didn't say ANYthing last night in the debate! Anyone could see through all the winking, flirting, memorization, etc., etc. THIS is who you want one heartbeat away from the most powerful leader of the WORLD!!!?? Please....

Obama is Harvard educated! You republicans come up with the lamest excuses not to vote for him that it makes me think that deep down you are just bigots! It's very sad (I'm a white, 50something woman, by the way). Grow up, people. Vote for the most qualified person with the best ideas for our country. It's not about race or gender!

October 3, 2008 06:26 pm at 6:26 pm |
  14. Lisa P

No wonder Palin's against Obama's tax plan - the Palins are probably earning enough that they would have to pay more in taxes. Guess she doesn't want to put her country first after all.

October 3, 2008 06:26 pm at 6:26 pm |
  15. PUMBU

JUST PUT LIPSTICK AND MAKE UP ON DICK CHENEY AND TELL HIM TO WINK, THAT'S PALIN. WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!! SHE HAS NO SUBSTANCE, NO MATERIAL FOR WHAT WE ARE FACING, IT'S TOO SERIOUS.

October 3, 2008 06:26 pm at 6:26 pm |
  16. carol kesling

she came she didnt conquer, now go home and take your loser husband with you..... and make sure to answer to the courts about TROOPGATE!!!!!!!!! DRILL,DRILL,DRILL BABY!!!!!!

October 3, 2008 06:27 pm at 6:27 pm |
  17. Jan in CA

Well glad they were released. Has nothing to do with the fact that she just isn't ready to be heart beat away from the Presidency though. She is like a neighbor on the PTA board, but not ready for Prime Time. All that winking and giggliing is so frustrating for me as a woman because who the heck would ever take her seriously!! All she can do is deliver lines, but when she has follow up questions (like in interviews) she faulters. That has not changed... she isn't ready. Biden on the other hand was really intelligent, well informed, and very diplomatic.

October 3, 2008 06:29 pm at 6:29 pm |
  18. PUMBU

JUST PUT LIPSTICK AND MAKE UP ON DICK CHENEY AND TELL HIM TO WINK, THAT'S PALIN, THAT'S CREEPY. WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!! SHE HAS NO SUBSTANCE, NO MATERIAL FOR WHAT WE ARE FACING, IT'S TOO SERIOUS.

October 3, 2008 06:31 pm at 6:31 pm |
  19. David, Silver Spring, MD

"Deb" snarks that "at least she didn't give money to Rev. Wright, unlike some people"...

That may be, but her church is just as kooky. Her preacher did some kind of ceremony in Kenya to drive out some woman that people said was a witch.

Truth is, we don't know where those "charitable" contributions went.

October 3, 2008 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  20. Republican4Obama

Palin is a religious zealot. If Barry Goldwater was still alive he'd kick McCain's butt for choosing a "cultural conservative" wackjob. Palin believes the "end of days" is near and that she has been chosen by God. We MUST keep her away from the nuclear launch codes! Oh, and that's "NU-CLE-AR", not "NU-CUE-LAR."

October 3, 2008 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  21. Wise White Guy

Deb, you need to turn off Fox news and start getting a little more informed. I would not be mentioning any pastor problems if i were a Palin supporter. Unless of course you think that a pastor laying hands on her and removing the evil withcraft is a positive election platform. Since we are mentioning what people have not done i am pretty sure that Joe Biden has not ignored a subpoena to testify in an investigation like the joke Palin did. Also pretty sure Joe Biden didn's come out and say that the VP position should be a free floating one with no oversight much like what Dick Cheney has done. How can you not compare these people to Bush and Cheney when they are absolutely no different. Right down to how Palin mispronounces nuclear just like Bush does. Makes us look like a country full of idiots!

October 3, 2008 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  22. DavisIndependent

What charities did they give to? Was it all titheing to their churches?

October 3, 2008 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  23. dee in AZ

I don't get it.. her whole appeal is that "I'm just like you" a pit bull hockey mom next door. REALITY CHECK I want more than the next door neighbor running the country!! Wake up people!

Hey maybe I should try to get elected, I'm a successful cute soccer mom. Apparently those are the only requirements.

October 3, 2008 06:35 pm at 6:35 pm |
  24. sal

Obama Biden have won

People are starting to awaken to the Truth. They will help steer us out of this issue.

Keep the taxes Palin, can I call you Sarah. LOL

October 3, 2008 06:35 pm at 6:35 pm |
  25. Nancy in Charlotte

And do we really need a President-in-waiting who winks and flounces? What job is she trying out for anyway? I am sorry but she is an embarssment. I can only imagine what people around the world- who used to look up to America- are thinking.

October 3, 2008 06:36 pm at 6:36 pm |