October 3rd, 2008

McCain-Palin campaign releases two years of Palin tax returns

McCain-Palin campaign released Sarah and Todd Palin's tax returns.
McCain-Palin campaign released Sarah and Todd Palin's tax returns.

(CNN) - The McCain-Palin campaign released Sarah and Todd Palin's 2006 and 2007 tax returns Friday afternoon. The campaign says the Palins paid $36,682 in federal taxes for those years, and contributed $8,205 to charity. The campaign also released a financial disclosure report for Todd Palin.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. CW in PSL

We want to see the last 10 years....and nothing less!!

October 3, 2008 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  2. CM

Two years only? I think it was hours after Biden was picked that they released 10 years of his and his wife's tax returns.

How about you guys have Cindy McCain release hers now? If Todd Palin released his why not Cindy?

October 3, 2008 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  3. Joanne Buck

IF they earned the money honestly, then it is none of our business.
    Sounds like they do give to charity.....congrats to them.
    Joanne Buck
    Minneapolis, Mn

October 3, 2008 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  4. McCain Invented the BlackBerry, Palin Invented the Manure Spreader

It's about time!

Sorry to say, it's too little too late. The numbers are starting to harden, and McCain/Palin is too far behind.

As announcer Chick Hearn usde to say, "The ballgame is in the Admiral Refrigerator. The door's closed, the light's out, the eggs are coolin, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin!!"

October 3, 2008 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  5. Republican Mom for Obama/Biden!

Let the fun begin!

October 3, 2008 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  6. Michael M, Phoenix AZ

Only two years? Hope she included all the per diem payments she received from the State of Alaska for living in her own home also.
    As a manager for a mid-major retailer, the only per diem I could receive was from actually being on a business trip or location transfer. I was not allowed to take family members on business trips unless I paid for them in advance for travel expenses. On return from a trip, I had to submit all my receipts for reimbursement or repayment if I got an advance. And not everything got reimbursed if I went over the daily allowance....then it was out of pocket. If the company paid the expenses for me such as moving expenses, that expense was then included on my W-4 at year end as income.

October 3, 2008 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  7. PoliticoPundit

About time.. Good move

October 3, 2008 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  8. Mack

I wonder who factual those taxes are. Both seem to enjoy spreading misleading information and their taxes...why should we care. Who's paying mine.

October 3, 2008 04:20 pm at 4:20 pm |
  9. Brian

Hey Palin... you're snow jobs might have worked up in Alaska, but they're not going to work down here in the lower 48 (or Hawaii)!!!

We've just endured eight long years of disastrous incompetent government and you're not going to get elected for a very simple reason... we don't want another four.

October 3, 2008 04:20 pm at 4:20 pm |
  10. Tom

Palin blew the socks off Biden last night.

October 3, 2008 04:20 pm at 4:20 pm |
  11. Tony

THE RACE WAS OVER LAST NIGHT AFTER "ROBOT BARBIE" AND SEN. BIDEN DEABTED.

NEXT FRIDAY, OCTOBER 10TH IS D-DAY FOR PALIN IN TROOPERGATE AND I GUARANTEE IT WILL BE A GUILTY VERDICT.

AFTER LISTENTING TO THIS STOOGE FOR TEH LAST FEW WEEKS AND SEEING HER 'DEBATING" A PRO LIKE BIDEN THE MCCAIN CAMPAIGN IS TOAST.

MCCAIN USED TO BE SEEN AS A MAN OF CHARACTER AND A ROLE MODEL.

THIS CAMPAIGN, BEGINNING WITH THE PRIMARIES, HAVE SHOWN THE REAL MCCAIN. AN ANGRY, BITTER, ARROGANT, WHINER.

PALIN PROVED ALST NIGHT THAT SHE IS THE CLOWN THE VAST MAJORITY THOUGHT SHE WAS.

ON NOVEMBER 5TH, MCCAIN WILL RETURN TO WHINING IN THE SENATE AND PALIN WILL BE SHIPPED BACK TO ALASKA AND FORGOTTEN WITHIN THE WEEK.

PRESIDENT OBAMA, VICE-PRESIDENT BIDEN '08-'16!

October 3, 2008 04:20 pm at 4:20 pm |
  12. Thomas

They make less the Obama.... and gave more in charity!

Amazing...

October 3, 2008 04:20 pm at 4:20 pm |
  13. Anita from Arizona

Great, now release Cindy McCain's...... Her income benefits McLame so it matters.

October 3, 2008 04:21 pm at 4:21 pm |
  14. Mack

I wonder how factual those taxes are. Both seem to enjoy spreading misleading information and their taxes...why should we care. Who's paying mine.

October 3, 2008 04:21 pm at 4:21 pm |
  15. LB-NJ

Where's Obama& Mrs Obama Tax returns, I want to see what they did
    with $1.6Millions they earned in 2007. The hypocrite so called candidate of the people, lives the high life. No wonder the Hollywood elite crowd is backing him. They're all rich like Obama.

October 3, 2008 04:21 pm at 4:21 pm |
  16. Rob

hmm. she gave a lot to charity compared to Obama. but what am i talking, this is anyways Obama-network here.

October 3, 2008 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  17. Tony

SHE CAME, SHE WHINED, SHE LIED, SHE LOST!!!!

BYE BYE BARBIE!

October 3, 2008 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  18. Chris

Did she pay taxes on her per diem?????

or did her husband or kids???

October 3, 2008 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  19. Adam

She obvioulsy needs the help of TONY REZCO

October 3, 2008 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  20. Mike in California

Oh goodie.......and now what?

October 3, 2008 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  21. Janet, American Abroad

GEEZ WHIZZZZ – I wished I made that much in my yearly salary and raised my family!!!!!!!

October 3, 2008 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  22. Justin Cider

What I find so sad and, frankly, scary about the day after talk is that people are lauding that she was able to sounds coherent and string sentences together to make sense.

Is this the only expectation we have of the VP?? That they be able to speak clearly? How is it that this is where we are as a nation that speaking clearly is the only thing we require of them to consider them a success?

I want a VP candidate who demonstrates a clear understanding of the issues at hand, can communicate their position and define why they hold that position.

October 3, 2008 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  23. Cleavette

I feel sorry for Todd, the Repubs are making his wife into a total Air Head for the whole world to see. No one wants to be called "Joe Six-Pack" or "Hockey Mom". The average american kid can not afford to play hockey.

October 3, 2008 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  24. NN

WHO CARES? SHE IS NOT READY

October 3, 2008 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  25. Lisa Vilen

I didn't realize the Palins made that much. Too bad Katie Couric didn't ask her about that. By the way, is Palin's next line going to be that Katie Couric was some sort of Svengali who hyponotized her into behaving badly?

October 3, 2008 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |