October 3rd, 2008

McCain-Palin campaign releases two years of Palin tax returns

McCain-Palin campaign released Sarah and Todd Palin's tax returns.
McCain-Palin campaign released Sarah and Todd Palin's tax returns.

(CNN) - The McCain-Palin campaign released Sarah and Todd Palin's 2006 and 2007 tax returns Friday afternoon. The campaign says the Palins paid $36,682 in federal taxes for those years, and contributed $8,205 to charity. The campaign also released a financial disclosure report for Todd Palin.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Independent for Obama

Average JOE SIX Pack and those hockey moms ain't making that amount of money you frigging sarah failing!!!!!!! I BETCHYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 3, 2008 07:39 pm at 7:39 pm |
  2. Average American

How rich do you have to be to give away more than $8000.00?

Rich.

October 3, 2008 07:39 pm at 7:39 pm |
  3. Jim Richmond

Mickie, go get some education, perhaps a college degree and you will make more than what she paid in Taxes.

October 3, 2008 07:40 pm at 7:40 pm |
  4. felicha

JOIN MCCAIN, I USE TO RESPECT YOU AS A SOLDIER

BUT YOU ARE ONE CRAZY "YALL FILL IN THIS BLANK" !!!

YOU THINK THAT PULLING ALL THOSE STUNKS WILL TAKE THE

FOCUS OFF THE ECONOMY?? " I BETCHA NOT" DOG GONNIT"

AND PALIN JUST PLEASE.....

I'M CURIOUS TO SEE IF YOU PAID TAXES ON THOSE DAYS YOU

STAYED HOME... AGAIN YOU'RE NO OUTSIDER YOU ARE JUST

ANOTHER ONE THAT WE HAVEN'T "TAPPED" YET BUT BOI IS IT

COMING... " NOW SAY IT AIN'T SO MS. JOE"

October 3, 2008 07:42 pm at 7:42 pm |
  5. dl

What is the requirement on releasing taxes? Is it only two years worth? If not where are the rest? And why are they not showing them?
    I would personally not care if she gave all to charity she is still not a VP I would ever vote for. McCain really should have put country first. Although I am not sure he has; well since the late 80's early 90's...

October 3, 2008 07:44 pm at 7:44 pm |
  6. Barbara

What about all the income she was to claim as income when alaska paid her to goveren from home?

October 3, 2008 07:45 pm at 7:45 pm |
  7. felicha

THE VERY FIRST TIME I SAW PALIN WINK I GOT REAL SCARED!!!

THAT'S THE FIRST THING A CON WILL DO IS "WINK ATCHA"

October 3, 2008 07:46 pm at 7:46 pm |
  8. Independent

Am I the only one who noticed that she said "nukular." during the debates. She's officially George W. Bush's feminine counterpart.

October 3, 2008 07:46 pm at 7:46 pm |
  9. nitro

How much did she make. Thats what we want to know.

October 3, 2008 07:47 pm at 7:47 pm |
  10. TaxCheck

It appears that Todd and Sarah Palin filed an incorrect tax return for 2007. Todd is showing a loss on his Sch C for racing of $9k plus. However he also took a deduction for section 179. Section 179 expesning is not allowed if you are going to show a loss.

Let's see if anyone else notices OR if they accept responsibility for it or blame the tax preparer. My bet is that they will blame the tax preparer.

October 3, 2008 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  11. Lifelong Republican for Obama, Columbia, TN

I'm completely uninterested in Palin. She is without substance or thoughtfulness. I am in a daze that she is still being talked about like she matters to the practical and real problems at hand.

October 3, 2008 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  12. felicha

THE MOST SHOCKING THING IS THAT IN THE DEBATE

"THIS WAS THE REAL PALIN"

ALL I ASK OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE IS TO "WINK" BACK CLINTON

ASK YOURSELVES IF THIS IS HOW CLINTON BEHAVES?

ASK YOURSELVES IF CLINTON WAS ABLE TO DODGE A

QUESTIONS LIKE THIS IN THOSE MILLION DEBATES?

I KNOW A STRONG WOMAN, WHEN I SEE ONE AND PALIN YOU

AIN'T NO STRONG WOMAN!!!!

October 3, 2008 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  13. ct hockey mom

why is there so much hostility when we should be discussing real issues about the future of our country. the question is do you want to see this country move towards socialism or towards liberty? and do you trust your government? when you're through slinging childish digs than maybe we can talk. by the way, palin's charity is the way we americans distinguish our citizenship from other governments....

October 3, 2008 07:51 pm at 7:51 pm |
  14. dk

why not for the last 10 years? at least as a back ground investigation 10 years is required. I BECHA! there are many things that have been covered up about McCain And Palin.

October 3, 2008 07:51 pm at 7:51 pm |
  15. lyn

We want to see the last 10yrs nothing less.

October 3, 2008 07:55 pm at 7:55 pm |
  16. Susan

She did not look presidential during the debate. I hated all that winking and folkey talks. Sorry guys, but I don't want to vote for a Joe six packs or a hockey mom type of candidate. I'm voting for the smart guys!

October 3, 2008 07:57 pm at 7:57 pm |
  17. apostlek

Angry angry people, you keep venting while both presidential candidates are sleeping in peace. Of course, having Secret service protection does not hurt.
    Anyhow, enjoy your freedom of speech but thanks to the military men and women that protect our freedom.

October 3, 2008 08:02 pm at 8:02 pm |
  18. CA Senior, San Jose

The IRS should audit her and check out her receipts for charitable contributions. Why should we trust this woman who lies about her qualifications and also has learned to spout McCain's lies. There is no rule, by the way, that says a generous contributor would be able to lead America and represent us to other countries. Sarah, you are still a puppet and a pawn of John McCain and nothing you said in the debate told us what you think (without memorizing your speeches and reading your flash cards. Also, she kept saying she is a reformer, but neither McCain or her has clued us in about how they will go about it with a Congress that doesn't agree with his policies.

October 3, 2008 08:02 pm at 8:02 pm |
  19. republicans hate america

Palins debate last night reminded me of that cheesy waitress you find at international house of pancakes serving the coffee and we all know that doesnt cut the mustard for being 2nd in command

October 3, 2008 08:03 pm at 8:03 pm |
  20. MikeH

Close-minded liberal poster here.

I'm so closed-minded, I dont trust anyone who tells bald-faced lies to crowds of people.

I'm so closed minded, I think anyone who thinks that humans put saddles on dinosaurs and rode them around is an absolute idiot.

I'm so closed-minded that I think anyone who stone-walls and refuses to testify when subpoened in an investigation into charges of abuse-of-power being conducted by a bipartisan committee is guilty of obstruction of justice and should be charged in a court of law.

October 3, 2008 08:03 pm at 8:03 pm |
  21. Anna

For a woman to have put up with such abuse from right and left all week and come out and still be able to stand and look straight ahead not alone answer questions, it takes guts. All you Palin haters, you know that she has guts and that's why you complain about everything. You are afraid of her. Whether McCain wins or not this November, in four years she is going to be the next President of the United States and you cannot take this. Which one of you knows what it takes to take on the big oil companies and win? Which one of you knows what it takes to put together a multi billion dollar budget and win? Yes, you are scared and we can see through your smear tactics.

October 3, 2008 08:03 pm at 8:03 pm |
  22. SoCal

Are all of those "per-diam" (when she got extra pay from the state of Alaska just to stay at home) included in her tax return?

CNN how about a factcheck, huh?

October 3, 2008 08:04 pm at 8:04 pm |
  23. Survival of the Fittest

Hey Charlie, did the excorcist get a piece of your charitable donation?

October 3, 2008 08:05 pm at 8:05 pm |
  24. witch

Gee she paid more in taxes than I made in fact twice as much............. And she relates to Main street how....................................

October 3, 2008 08:06 pm at 8:06 pm |
  25. Austin Tim

Doesn't anybody remember the "Keating Five"? Wasn't that one of the last major financial crisis' we faced? While cleared of improper actions, the Senate Ethics Committee chastised McCain and Sen. Glen for “poor judgment”. That was also a crisis that introduced us to the current generation of Bush boys. Didn't Neil, the President's brother, play a large part in turning out the lights at a Colorado savings and loan? So while Obama's ethics may be questioned by some people, they are not questioned by the committee that has the final say, the committee that has already taken McCain to task.

Now for Gov. Palin. She is dodging the questions that anyone with half a brain wants to hear the answers to. Her "aw shucks" routine and her "straight talk to the American people" are a farce. She keeps repeating talking points and never provides any information. When she talks it makes me feel like a parent who has to cross examine a child to get answers to the questions I am asking, not answers they want to provide to questions I didn't ask. It’s simple. Because of her obvious lack of knowledge and understanding of the issues before the debate, her lack of answers during and after the debate is because of the same reason. I don’t care about their tax returns, any of them. All the candidates live in America and can use the tax laws, as written, to their best advantage, just like anybody else. If they are breaking the law, it is up to the IRS to go after them. It is one of the least of my concerns at this point.

October 3, 2008 08:07 pm at 8:07 pm |