October 3rd, 2008

McCain-Palin campaign releases two years of Palin tax returns

McCain-Palin campaign released Sarah and Todd Palin's tax returns.
McCain-Palin campaign released Sarah and Todd Palin's tax returns.

(CNN) - The McCain-Palin campaign released Sarah and Todd Palin's 2006 and 2007 tax returns Friday afternoon. The campaign says the Palins paid $36,682 in federal taxes for those years, and contributed $8,205 to charity. The campaign also released a financial disclosure report for Todd Palin.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. jennifer, Houston

Wake up Evangelicals, their giving us under average, this spells HYPOCRITE. This is an example of talking the talk but not walking the walk.

October 3, 2008 08:26 pm at 8:26 pm |
  2. Ellie in Aurora, CO

Oh, my, Scott. Perhaps when Obama's elected, and he fixes the education system where you live, at least your children might be able to put complete sentences together! They could also probably do some research on a computer to find out the truth about presidential candidates. Clearly, you don't have a clue... but maybe your children will under Obama's education plan.

October 3, 2008 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  3. Zana

The comment she made about adding more power to the VP position was just plain SCARY. The checks and balances in our government are there for a very good reason. Before the debate I was one of those undecided voters, now I am definitely voting for Obama.

October 3, 2008 08:30 pm at 8:30 pm |
  4. jackRighty

The reason so many Obama supporters are blogging on here is because McCain supporters like me work all day.

October 3, 2008 08:32 pm at 8:32 pm |
  5. jimmy

To: Wise white guy.
    Maybe I'm mistaken but I've never seen Palin pastor remove evil from anyone. I have yet to see this big problem with her religion in her politics. It's those ideas that you can put everyone of faith in to the "crazy nut case" that cause concern for me. For all the finger pointing about the lack of tolerance in Christianity, it seems most of the intolerance comes from others. So give me a break and talk about something of fact or actual substance. BTW I thought fear mongering was for the GOP.

October 3, 2008 08:32 pm at 8:32 pm |
  6. ruty

If you will go back to Alaska and never be heard from again Sarah and Todd, I will pay your air fare.

October 3, 2008 08:38 pm at 8:38 pm |
  7. Rick

300k income and only 8k in total giving to all charities? If they were true tithers, that would be 30k in giving as a minimum. The word "tithe" comes from the word that means roughly 1/10th.

October 3, 2008 08:38 pm at 8:38 pm |
  8. Joseph

Wake up America! a hart bit away We are going to Be left to Clue Less Women. So Irresponsible Pic.

October 3, 2008 08:41 pm at 8:41 pm |
  9. TexicoFrom Mexico

I would impress upon everyone to go see the movie "W" on the 17th and get a glimpse of what we have in the White House and what we will have again if you elect McCain and Palin. Yes that means you America that voted for Bush the first two times.....go look and see what you did to this country and what you can keep doing to us!

October 3, 2008 08:43 pm at 8:43 pm |
  10. Canadian onlooker

I've been quite shocked to watch the comments about Palin being "one heartbeat away from the presidency" being thrown about. It's sad that such an ageist comment can be made without condemnation. Try this on for size: Biden is one lynching away from being the president. Let's keep it on the high road folks. Most of the world thinks that most americans function with a below-average IQ as it stands, and lack general social skills to boot. You needn't support this belief by posting such rubbish.

October 3, 2008 08:44 pm at 8:44 pm |
  11. d

does that include all the $$ Todd made seliing his homegrown?

October 3, 2008 08:44 pm at 8:44 pm |
  12. Mike, Raleigh

Let's see Sen. Obama's return. I am curious to find out how much he made and who he donated. I betch ya... it is donated to Rev. Wright's churches. (black Ideology)

October 3, 2008 08:45 pm at 8:45 pm |
  13. Karen Saucedo

Q: Why, when Sarah speaks of doing things as VP, does she keep saying "Todd and I"? Todd is not a candidate for any office. Does she plan to hire her husband, as she did her many friends?
    Q: Why has the bar been put so low for this woman that all she felt ok with saying "I'll answer the questions in the way I want to...not in the way you ask them." Why is it all she had to do was show up and not look like an idiot (AFTER hiding out for two weeks from the media and being crammed full of info from index cards by her keepers? She avoided question after question because she could only comment on what she'd had crammed into her. She had no base of knowledge of her own, at all.
    Q: Why have we suddenly forgotten that she is under investigation for abuse of power? The republican party asked for a restraining order on the investigation till after the campaign because public opininion may sway the investigation. Well, we didn't tell her to run for VP. And, she was being investigated BEFORE she was a candidate. I say, conduct the investigation. Shouldn't we KNOW what she's about?
    Q: Why would a self-professed "soccer mom" feel that her folksy way of talking to Joe SixPack and SallySitcom can play at the national political level where it is not fun and games but REAL politics, real concerns, real issues.
    Q: Why dont people realize that this woman is NOT an energy expert.
    She is knowledgable from necessity about the energy that Alaska supplies. And, WHO ELSE could work a deal with an oil or gas company other than the governor of the state? SHE is not the reason those contracts were signed. They were signed simply because ALASKA has the oil and gas reserves. If Mickey Mouse were the governor, THAT is who the energy execs would have met to make the deals. HELLO!!!!!
    Q: Why are people SO stupid that they look at her brown eyes, her brown hair bun, her kids, and think...Ohhhh, she'll make us all OK. The woman can't name a supreme court decision other than Roe v Wade. Could not name ONE newspaper or Magazine she enjoys reading. (Or, a single book for that matter). She is a creationist, thought dinosaurs existed 6,000 years ago, was for the secession of Alaska from the union, plans to fix the problem with global warming but doesn't agree with any of the huge body of scientific evidence showing human beings are the cause. If I don't know why I got fat, how do I know how to not get fat? Huh?????? If/When Palin doesn't get elected, will Bristol's engagement suddenly "go away"? Children need a mother, a soccer mom, a folksy person. WE THE PEOPLE need an intelligent individual with experience who doesn't lie, evade, misuse power, and exaggerate her accomplishments.

October 3, 2008 08:45 pm at 8:45 pm |
  14. Elizabeth - Wise County - TEXAS

American's needs to send Palin packing back to Alaska. She is not to be trusted nor her husband.

October 3, 2008 08:47 pm at 8:47 pm |
  15. Former Republican in Texas

Ladies of the land– you women who can vote-
    Please use your brains & some common sense here!! This "woman", Sarah Palin, will set womanhood back 100 years if elected. If you want to be the little dutiful wife & jump every time your "man" hollers frog, if you want to stay "barefoot & pregnant", if you want to give up your right to think on your own, if you want the man valling all the shots & telling you what you can & can't do - then this gal will help make it possible for you. The ironic thing is I don't think she's the "power" in the Palin household– I think old Todd tells her everything she's allowed to do & say. She doesn't strike me as terribly bright, but she is probably pretty obedient when he gives her her marching orders.

October 3, 2008 08:47 pm at 8:47 pm |
  16. gorgoglione

Todd Palin could easily loose 20K in his 401k. I am active duty army and have/had over 100k in mine. In the last 6 months I have lost over 20k as the market has crashed

October 3, 2008 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  17. Akira

Unlike most liberals I decided to look up Obama's tax return.
    In 2006 he paid around $ 300,000.
    That is more than Palin's family makes in a year.
    I still can stand it when politicians claim to be "ordinary" though.

October 3, 2008 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  18. 45 year old white lady for Obama

what exactly does Todd palin do? he seems to have had alot of jobs. Why can't he keep one??

October 3, 2008 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  19. Livin' in the Desert

This is so typical of the liberal establishment. Over the years, they have lamented that not enough women, minorities, etc., were in positions of power. Yet, when that happens (i.e. Condoleeza Rice, Sarah Palin, Clarence Thomas), they still complain. Evidentally, not only do you have to be a minority or woman, but you have to be the "right type" of minority or woman. Obama is a savior; Thomas and Rice are "Uncle Toms." Madeline Albright was a wonderful Secretary of State, Sarah Palin is the Devil. You are all a bunch of hypocrites.

October 3, 2008 08:49 pm at 8:49 pm |
  20. alpha_nu_916

if there was nothing to hide, why did the mcsame campaign decide to wait so long? what fools. gov. palin's tax returns (the 2 years released) are very unremarkable and the fact that she contributed a large source of her income to charity would have played well with many.
    his campaign managers should quit for making what could have been a positive a big negative.

OBAMA/BIDEN 08'

October 3, 2008 08:49 pm at 8:49 pm |
  21. Vonnie Gross

I really loved the "Chevrolet car salesman wink"she gave....she will do or say anything that gets her ahead.....her personal ambition is boundless....she is the "pit bull with lipstick on".....scary.If they were to make it (god forbid) to the White House McCain better get a food taster quick!!!!

October 3, 2008 08:50 pm at 8:50 pm |
  22. the dude

let her enjoy her fifteen minutes of fame...she'll be a trivia question in ten years....

October 3, 2008 08:51 pm at 8:51 pm |
  23. Gino

Barbie does Dallas! Sarah winks at me and I melt. Please. Go back to the Bering Straits, where–if you could spell it–(go nucular) you could see Russia!

October 3, 2008 08:51 pm at 8:51 pm |
  24. jean

Sarah Palin made a complete fool of herself during the debate. She failed to answer any of the questions. It appears that all she knows is how to criticize her opponents. I would like very much to see her transcripts from the five colleges she attended. Nonetheless, anyone who does not see through this lady is just as evil as she is. The evidence is very clear to the naked eye and ear. Just her dialogue alone diminishes the idea of education and the purpose it serves. That said, I’m so thankful that McSame choose Mrs. Pain. They are prime examples of why this country is in financial ruins.

October 3, 2008 08:52 pm at 8:52 pm |
  25. aware

This certainly makes Biden's charity giving look pathetic!

October 3, 2008 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |