October 4th, 2008

Palin disagrees with McCain's Michigan decision

Palin wants to keep trying in Michigan.
Palin wants to keep trying in Michigan.

(CNN) – The McCain campaign decided this week that the battleground state of Michigan may be out of reach for the Republican ticket this year - a move that's drawn criticism from one prominent dissenter: VP nominee Sarah Palin.

Earlier: McCain cedes Michigan to Obama

In an interview with Fox News Friday the Republican vice presidential candidate appeared to be disappointed with the decision and said she still wants to take a stab at winning the state that hasn't voted for a Republican presidential candidate in two decades.

She also said she made her disagreement known to top campaign officials:

"I fired a quick e-mail and said, 'oh, come on! Do we have to call it there?' she said. " Todd and I would [be] happy to get to Michigan and walk through those plants [with] car manufacturers.

"We'd be so happy to get to speak with the people there in Michigan, who are hurting because the economy is hurting," she added. "Whatever we can do and whatever Todd and I can do in realizing what their challenges in that state are, as we can relate to them and connect with them and promise them that we won't let them down in the administration."

Earlier: Palin calls Obama comment 'reckless,' criticizes Couric

McCain aides told CNN Thursday Michigan increasingly appeared a long shot the Arizona senator and the campaign had decided to divert its resources there to other key battleground states. The latest CNN poll of polls in Michigan shows Obama with an 8 point lead in the state where the nation's economic woes have hit hard.

Related: McCain dropped $2 million before pulling up Michigan stake

But Palin maintained Friday she and McCain still have a shot there.

"I want to get back to Michigan, and I want to try," she said.

Filed under: John McCain • Michigan • Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. Dave Florida for OBAMA

McCain giving up on Michigan, then Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida.

It was a terrible campaign strategy to announce giving up on an entire state. This lady is Dick Cheney with lipstick, she thinks that the VP should have even more power than what he had....SCARY!!!

Todd "Secessionist" Palin, fomer member of a group that wanted Alaska to secede from the United States...I don't think the good people in Michigan would want to see him.

October 3, 2008 06:57 pm at 6:57 pm |
  2. marcus

This is the man who tells us that he will never surrender in Iraq......But he surrendered in Vietnam and now he's surrendered in Michigan.

October 3, 2008 06:57 pm at 6:57 pm |
  3. lol wut

No, Sarah, Michigan doesn't want you here. Stay away, you and all of your Rethuglican ilk.

October 3, 2008 06:57 pm at 6:57 pm |
  4. T. Rice

Sarah Palin – let's see: we all know a "chick" like her – cute, funny, great sense of humor, etc. But guess what, that's as far as it goes. The Republicans know that she is unqualified and out of her league. They try to prepare for one event at a time while crossing their fingers and saying their prayers. She has been instructed to "just smile and look pretty" if you don't know the answer. Oh, and about the "wink, wink" I think is was an inside joke that is being played on the american people. It reads something like this: "hey joe six pack, I really don't have a clue and I'm not even sure how I got here. But I'm pretty sure you won't be able to figure that out until after the election. Gosh darn, rootin tootin, you betcha, god bless america and john mccain haha "wink".

October 3, 2008 06:57 pm at 6:57 pm |
  5. DebraW-NY

I'd watch out for her "quick e-mail"....
    It was pretty quick to disappear in Alaska!

Send this clown home to burn some books.

October 3, 2008 06:57 pm at 6:57 pm |
  6. Susan

Question: How much the potatoes cost?

Palin: John McCain bought apples at $3.00.

October 3, 2008 06:57 pm at 6:57 pm |
  7. Ken Pittsburgh

Chanda
    McCain can't fire off a quick E-Mail he does not know how to use the computer. But she a little power mad isn,t she.

October 3, 2008 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  8. tgram

She's openly disagreeing with her master...doesn't look good. McCain may banish her from the press again.

Besides, Michigan voters will not forget about lost jobs, plant closings, and McCain driving foreign luxury cars.

October 3, 2008 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  9. Are you kidding?

Maybe she's a good folksy neighbor. No way is she qualified to be VP. I bet both me and my neighbor could agree that neither one of us "Reglur folk" should be in the executive branch in any way, shape or form by golly gosh gee.

October 3, 2008 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  10. Repulsivcan

And from Michigan she can see Canada.......even more foreign policy experience.......that shure is smrt...

October 3, 2008 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  11. Ram Rodder

Eleven of your 15 minutes are up, tundra queen.

October 3, 2008 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  12. Frank from Wilton Manors

What does hubby Todd have to do with the campaign? What's the inference when Sarah keeps saying "Todd and I"? I have read she copies him on all her official governmental emails but what's up with that? Do we have a 'sleeper' candidate for VP?

For those of you who think she did a great debate "because expectations were so low", try and go back and remember the same thing was said about George Bush and look where that got us.

Sorry folks – YOU BETCHA, it's going to be 4 more years of McSame.

October 3, 2008 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  13. Anita Johnson

Could some one tell me what is a Joe six Pack is ,sound 's like an alcoholic to me .please give me some insight

October 3, 2008 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  14. kenny cole

What is the pitbull woman and her fisher man first dood gonna do to convince us in michigan

October 3, 2008 06:59 pm at 6:59 pm |
  15. Marilyn Potts

Listen to the barricuda.

October 3, 2008 06:59 pm at 6:59 pm |
  16. Independent from michigan

Why the HELL Mccain and Palin get out of USA and take their dirty politics and policies to IRAQ and win an election there.
    OBAMA 08

October 3, 2008 06:59 pm at 6:59 pm |
  17. reggie

IS SHE RUNNING FOR OFFICE? ORU IS JOHN MCCAIN? HE IS LOSING CONTROL OF HER.

October 3, 2008 07:00 pm at 7:00 pm |
  18. Smitty

This is a not insubordination – it's a not so covert ploy by McCain's camp // I don't know where this is going – but mark my words, this smells like yesterday's halibut

October 3, 2008 07:00 pm at 7:00 pm |
  19. Allen in Hartwell GA

I'm sure that if she can be as eloquent in MI as she's been lately she could derail even a front runner's chances. I'm sorry, but she is so far out of her league that it isn't funny anymore.

October 3, 2008 07:00 pm at 7:00 pm |
  20. Michigan Voter

PLEASE JUST GO AWAY!!!!

October 3, 2008 07:00 pm at 7:00 pm |
  21. arlene, CA

Todd ? ? Is he now her running mate ? I am getting real tired of her calling me a "joe six pak" and SICK & TIRED of her folksy lingo i.e. "dog-gone-it, heck no/yes, you-betcha," who talks like that ?? She does not sound Presidential AT ALL. You could tell she had prepared answers to previously studied questions. It was more like she was a contestant in a spelling bee(chris matthews said) than a debate for VP. Joe Biden won, no doubt about it. & what was that winking at the audience? She sure will not win my vote. No Way, No How, No McCain, No Palin.

October 3, 2008 07:00 pm at 7:00 pm |
  22. diamond965

What? Is Todd now running for the SHADOW VP Position? Now we know who was really governing Alaska.

October 3, 2008 07:00 pm at 7:00 pm |
  23. Earl

I think she should take over the McWar campaign and make up the

travel schedule for the next month.since she has the most experience

DO YA THINK....COME ON... SHUCKS...BET YA......DOGGON

October 3, 2008 07:00 pm at 7:00 pm |
  24. Michelle, Baltimore

Try as you may Sarah it won't change the dynamics but then again go ahead and campaign in Michigan. McCain doesn't have the finances to keep him competing in all the states that Obama is contesting. Obama make them "SPEND BABY SPEND"

October 3, 2008 07:00 pm at 7:00 pm |
  25. Anonymous

Wake up. This is like a nightmare. I hear people that I thought was sane say Palin is qualified. If they put them in Office and see the truth afterwards it is too late for all of us Americans to say OOPs.

October 3, 2008 07:00 pm at 7:00 pm |