October 6th, 2008

Palin: 'I was just trying to keep Tina Fey in business'

Gov. Palin said she was trying to provide 'job security to SNL writers.'
Gov. Palin said she was trying to provide 'job security to SNL writers.'

(CNN) - Sarah Palin said Monday her recent underwhelming interview performances were intended to provide “job security to SNL writers,” as she continued to escalate the pace of attacks on Barack Obama’s character.

Watch: How SNL combines politics and humor

“I was just trying to keep Tina Fey in business,” joked the Alaska governor.

At a Florida campaign event, Palin brought up one of her less-successful media moments - her failure to respond to a question from CBS’s Katie Couric about her regular sources of news — as a segue into an attack on Obama. “There’s been a lot of interest in what I read lately,” she told the crowd.

Watch: Tina Fey impersonates Palin

“Well, I was reading my copy of The New York Times the other day, and I was really interested to read about Barack’s friends from Chicago. Turns out, one of his earliest supporters is a man named Bill Ayers. And according to The New York Times, he was a domestic terrorist and part of a group that, quote, ‘launched a campaign of bombings that would target the Pentagon and the U.S. Capitol,’” Pain said.

She added later that Obama is “someone who sees America as ‘imperfect enough’ to work with a former domestic terrorist who targeted his own country.”

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. meron

Palin is a disgrace. She does any thing to get elected

October 6, 2008 12:05 pm at 12:05 pm |
  2. KJL

Tina Fey's talents are indisputable. Palin's? She's mouthy and pushy, but that's all.

October 6, 2008 12:05 pm at 12:05 pm |
  3. demwit

Really..., I mean when was the last time we elected an inexperienced governor from a nothing state!!??

Oh yeah, BILL CLINTON!!

October 6, 2008 12:05 pm at 12:05 pm |
  4. Global J

Better yet, quit the race and give us all a chance to improve our lives and job security.

October 6, 2008 12:05 pm at 12:05 pm |
  5. Team America

In case anyone needs a reminder, Tina Fey is a jealous hateful feminist. She supported Hillary 100%, then Hillary lost. She is going to hate any other female in the #1 or #2 spot because her Hillary-boo didn't win. I think it's great how Palin has brought out so much hate and anger from the liberal, weak people in the Democratic party. It shows the true character of democrats, me first, country last. Democrats hate this country so much, but they're too busy complaining and pointing fingers to actually do any good for humanity. Palin Rules!!

Please post this CNN!!!!!!

October 6, 2008 12:05 pm at 12:05 pm |
  6. Rose

Palin is such an idiot, such a disgrace for this country!!!! So apparently if she's so confident now, why not give serious interviews?

October 6, 2008 12:05 pm at 12:05 pm |
  7. Pamela Washington

Sarah, grow up! Your a joke. You are not qualified and it shows. Your smear tactics just make you and McCain look bad. Everything you know has obviously been taught to you lately. You can memorize, maybe. I think you are just desperate and it shows. It's bad enough that you enjoy killing animals and now you lie to cover your ignorance.

October 6, 2008 12:06 pm at 12:06 pm |
  8. Joe

I think Sarah Palin should be the one running for President. If McCain wins it will be Sarah who put him over the top. As well meaning as he is, he just does not connect with the people. He seems to be stubborn and set in his ways. There is another guy who thinks about things the same way . His name is George Bush.

October 6, 2008 12:06 pm at 12:06 pm |
  9. Ed, Santa Fe NM

Palin failed to win Miss Alaska and therefore Miss America, so now shw'll settle with being president.... The woman is a MORON and still acts like she's trying to win a beauty crown... PATHETIC and BRAINLESS.

October 6, 2008 12:06 pm at 12:06 pm |
  10. Former_Republican

Gov. Palin, with all due respect, personal attack will not help you or McCain. Obama campaign has not brought up how McCain dumped his 1st wife who waited for him throughout his years in the military for a heiress who gave him a better and golden life. Read further down the paper and you will see that personally attack will backfire your campaign since your running mate are friends with felons and terrorists.

You need to tell Americans what you guys can do for us, and so far, I have heard nothing from you except repeating yourself as a "reformer" a "maverick" and not answerng any question. What can you do to make American better than it is today? Taht si what we want to hear. I am just disappointed that with economic crisis going on in America, you are attacking your opponent on personal issues instead of how we can make our country better.

You've lost my vote, I need change and you've done nothing to convince me that you will do any better than Bush administration.

October 6, 2008 12:06 pm at 12:06 pm |
  11. doctor_education

All communist and terrorist living inside the US should be investigated, prosecuted, and removed from society for good. Obama wrote in his book that Frank Marshall Davis was his mentor and a father figure. Frank Marshall Davis is a self-proclaimed Marxist/Communist, remember Obama said he was a father figure, it's in his book.

Why does Obama say he supports Public Schools and against allowing parents to have vouchers to send their child to private school??? Obama's children go to PRIVATE SCHOOL , he should enroll them into public school. The Clintons made Chelsea attend Public School until Bill Clinton became President. Shouldn't ALL AMERICAN CHILDREN HAVE THE SAME OPTIONS AS OBAMA'S CHILDREN??

Obama supporters think America will go back to being the way it was when Bill Clinton was President, they sure don't remember the days of Jimmy Carter. Obama will never see the day he is as great as Bill Clinton.

October 6, 2008 12:06 pm at 12:06 pm |
  12. Bill

Wait, Rick, is this the same Hannity that got you for Bush the past 8 years? Hmm, how is that working out for us all? Lets see, an economy falling apart more every day, a war that is going nowhere, and severed ties with Russia. I don't know about you, Rick, but I would think of looking up to other people to get my sense of judgement. But I guess he is prolife, and that is the only real issue in this elections, eh? Well, to that I have to say that those that are pro life most be pro coathanger, cause thats going to be the method of abortion if you get your way.

October 6, 2008 12:06 pm at 12:06 pm |
  13. Sarah Bell

How is John McCain's relationship with Charles Keating related to today's economic crisis???

When the savings and loan industry collapsed, Keating's failed company put taxpayers on the hook for $3.4 billion and more than 20,000 Americans lost their savings. John McCain was reprimanded by the bipartisan Senate Ethics Committee, but the ultimate cost of the crisis to American taxpayers reached more than $120 billion.

The Keating scandal is eerily similar to today's credit crisis, where a lack of regulation and cozy relationships between the financial industry and Congress has allowed banks to make risky loans and profit by bending the rules. And in both cases, John McCain's judgment and values have placed him on the wrong side of history.

October 6, 2008 12:06 pm at 12:06 pm |
  14. Pat

What scares me to death is what most people consider sufficient experience to be president of the United States. We have heard Gov. Palin talk about her executive experience and how it makes her qualified to be president. But the majority of it (1996-2002) was as mayor of Wasilla – a town which had, at the end of her term as mayor, a population of 6300 people. That, I would suggest, is not the same as governing a country of 301 million people. Likewise, She's only been governor of Alaska since 2006 and the entire state only has a population of less than 700,000 people. That makes it smaller than several large cities. Come on – is this REALLY executive experience?

October 6, 2008 12:07 pm at 12:07 pm |
  15. David

Like Tina Fey needs an idiot from Alaska to keep her in business!!

October 6, 2008 12:07 pm at 12:07 pm |
  16. Julie T.

I am sick of politics.....both sides! and the Talking heads that can't discuss anything else! I've already made up my mind who I'm voting for, so all this last minute hesaid/shesaid is Baloney! and typical.

October 6, 2008 12:08 pm at 12:08 pm |
  17. BOBBY K. FROM BIRMINGHAM, AL.

I for one wish OBAMA would not have to resort to smear ads but you have to fight back against republicans!!!! Palin for one needs to shat up cause she has alot of dirt being dished out against her plus lack of knowledge. She is becomeing a real joke!!!!! I know some will still vote for mccain/palin nomatter what and support their lie tactics but like the old saying goes "THE TRUTH WILL SET (US) FREE!!!!!!)

Obama 2008

October 6, 2008 12:08 pm at 12:08 pm |
  18. William

What a joke...doesn't she know when you backtrack and try to justify your answers (or lack thereof) after the interview, it makes you look even more clueless? And I hate to break it to you Sarah, but foreign policy, financial bailout, supreme court decisions are all issue-based questions. What exactly would you like the interviewer to ask you?

October 6, 2008 12:08 pm at 12:08 pm |
  19. AB

What happened to "joe six-pack" who she represents? Now she is helping Tina Fey with her career on SNL. Who is going to take care of this country if she is only a heartbeat away from becoming the president of the United States

There is no substance in what she says. No one is talking about economy, education (that badly is in a need for reform), and health care. What is she going to do about those is what I want to know, Gov. Mrs. Palin!

October 6, 2008 12:08 pm at 12:08 pm |
  20. Helen

I guess she is so stupid she doesn't realize how stupid she sounds. Please CNN, can you cover some more intellectual news?

October 6, 2008 12:08 pm at 12:08 pm |
  21. MAJ

Palin is a prop for McCain. Palin is an empty-headed George W. Bush with heels.

October 6, 2008 12:09 pm at 12:09 pm |
  22. Mountain Man

Ms Palin, Just please go away! You are dragging all the rights women have made to date back into the dark ages. I know smarter women than you! Please?

October 6, 2008 12:09 pm at 12:09 pm |
  23. tulsa

Note to Sarah,
    Tina is doing just fine without you, although she does have an easy job making you look stupid...... she only has to repeat what you say.

October 6, 2008 12:09 pm at 12:09 pm |
  24. Jerry Ohio

Palin this is no joking matter when people losing there homes and jobs, health care,,,,I hope Obama win by landslide

October 6, 2008 12:09 pm at 12:09 pm |
  25. Watermann

Does the US really want a "Joe Sixpack" or "can I call you Joe?" or "I can see Russia" or " I dont`t know newspaper" in the White House?

October 6, 2008 12:10 pm at 12:10 pm |