October 7th, 2008

Rosen: Brokaw in control

Brokaw in control of the deabte.
Brokaw in control of the deabte.

(CNN)–Tom Brokaw has made it clear that this is his debate too, not just the audience’s. This is unexpected. The plan was to have the audience dominate the questioning. Brokaw asked a "Meet the Press" type question when he asked "Who will be your Treasury Secretary?"

1. Anonymous

Obama is scaring the heck out of me on defense. I think if he becomes president, he's going to turn white when he gets his first security briefing.

October 7, 2008 10:41 pm at 10:41 pm |
  2. Margaret in PA

Brokaw is the moderator. He could ask questions if he wanted.

October 7, 2008 10:42 pm at 10:42 pm |
  3. DISAPPOINTED IN TOM BROKE-KAW

BIAS TOM BROKE-KAW! Please don't ever allow this man to moderate!

McCain would not sit down while Obama talked! Did he have to use the restroom or what????

TOM,we know McCain is you friend!

October 7, 2008 10:44 pm at 10:44 pm |
  4. Ronald E Berry

McCain seems to talk down to Obama,uses "my friend" a little too much! What friends?

October 7, 2008 10:49 pm at 10:49 pm |
  5. Mrs Bell

The sooner people realize that Diplomacy is a defense strategy it will be harder for those for whom you put in power to scare you into supporting them.

Obama understands that

October 7, 2008 10:49 pm at 10:49 pm |
  6. Mrs Bell

McCain left and went to bed...

October 7, 2008 10:51 pm at 10:51 pm |
  7. Ronald E Berry

wow! can't wait for the next debate.what are they going to talk about?

October 7, 2008 10:53 pm at 10:53 pm |
  8. Mrs Bell

Letter from McCain

My Freinds,

That one has better policies than I do. He can take stances on things that I cannot, because the only way my party wouldn't desert me is if I changed everything I disagreed on them with and if I picked Sarah Palin (they like her better). I also had to take Karl Roves folks to be my strategist. Since they don't like me they make me do things that are totally against my character. I am so frustrated. Can you tell?

John

LOL

October 7, 2008 11:05 pm at 11:05 pm |
  9. maureen

McCain won tonight on his experience and record. I suggest everyone do some research. If Obama said the word AND one more time I was going to jump out of my skin. God bless America and help her make the right decision. Our lives and future depends on it.

October 7, 2008 11:11 pm at 11:11 pm |
  10. Briana

The voters need to hear from the candidates not Tom

October 7, 2008 11:44 pm at 11:44 pm |
  11. Billy in MD

Yeah McCain definitely left to go to bed. He sucked tonight!!

October 8, 2008 12:01 am at 12:01 am |
  12. Obama Clan

Brokaw made the rules very clear before the debate started. However, Barack Obama did not think the rules applied to him and spoke out of turn. Brokaw did nothing to stop Barack Obama. In my opinion, the mediator did not do his job according the rules he spelled out.

Why couldn't Barack answer the last question? So if you don't have an answer, just talk about how great you are and why you should vote for ME out of sympathy.

October 8, 2008 12:11 am at 12:11 am |
  13. Brittany Christophersen

Barbra: the 5,000 can only be used for insurance, and you get it once you get the insurance, what it will do is allow people who can aford to pay upfront get thier own insurance to drive the price down as more people get thier own insurance. so eventually it will be cheap. its like when sell phones first come out and then as more people get them they price goes down.

October 8, 2008 01:16 am at 1:16 am |