(CNN) – CNN’s latest polls of polls show Barack Obama leading John McCain in Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Florida - but slipping slightly nationally and in Florida, losing one point in each.
In CNN’s first Nevada poll of polls, Obama leads McCain by 3 percentage points. The Illinois senator has the support of 49 percent of likely voters in Nevada, while 46 percent support the Arizona senator. Five percent of likely voters in Nevada are unsure about their choice for president.
In CNN’s latest Ohio poll of polls, Obama has increased his advantage over McCain. In Ohio, Obama is now ahead of McCain by five percentage points with support from 50 percent of likely voters in the state compared to support from 45 percent for McCain. Five percent of likely voters in the state are unsure about who they prefer. In CNN’s September 21 Ohio poll of polls, Obama was ahead of McCain by a single point – 47 percent versus 46 percent.
In Pennsylvania, Obama has also increased his advantage. CNN’s October 3 Pennsylvania poll of polls showed Obama ahead by 10 percentage points – 51 percent versus 41 percent. In the new Pennsylvania poll of polls released Tuesday, Obama is ahead by 12 points. The Democratic nominee has the support of 52 percent of likely voters in Pennsylvania, while the Republican nominee has the support of 40 percent of likely voters. In Pennsylvania. Eight percent of likely voters are unsure about their choice for president.
Nationally, Obama leads McCain by four points in CNN’s latest national poll of polls. Forty-eight percent of voters support Obama while 44 percent support McCain; 8 percent of voters aren’t sure about who they support. In CNN’s October 7 national poll of polls, Obama was ahead by 5 percentage points – 49 percent for Obama and 44 percent for McCain.
Obama has also lost a point in CNN's latest Florida poll of polls. Forty-nine percent of likely voters in Florida support Obama, 45 percent support McCain, and 6 percent are unsure about who they support for president. In CNN's October 2 Florida poll of polls Obama was ahead of McCain by five points - 49 percent to Obama's 44 percent.
CNN’s national poll of polls is composed of the following five surveys: American Research Group (September 4-6), Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby (September 4-6), NBC/Wall Street Journal (October 4-5), Gallup (October 5-7), and Diageo/Hotline (October 5-7).
CNN’s Nevada poll of polls is composed of three surveys: Research 2000 (October 3-6), CNN/Time/ORC (September 28-30) and ARG (September 27-29); CNN’s Ohio poll of polls is composed of three surveys: CNN/Time/ORC (October 3-6), ABC/Washington Post (October 3-5) and Quinnipiac (September 27-29); CNN’s Pennsylvania poll of polls is composed of three surveys: Morning Call/Muhlenberg College (October 3-7), WHYY/West Chester University (October 3-6) and Quinnipiac (September 27-29); and CNN's Florida poll of polls is composed of four surveys: Mason-Dixon (October 4-6), CNN/Time/ORC (September 28-30), Suffolk (September 27-30) and Quinnipiac (September 27-29).
CNN’s polls of polls do not have sampling errors.
i can't say who won or lost, but biden played off palin's zingers perfectly..... he would laugh at her.....that can be a very effective rhetorical technique.....especially against a seasoned public speaker like palin.....may the best candidate win!!
OF COURSE HE IS!!! He may take ALASKA TOO!
Change is coming McCain will win.
demobrat...you could also chalk that up to discrepancies within the samples taken. In any case it shows a definite trend due to your candidate's campaign implosion.
It'll climb from here. Mathematical models have Obama with a 90% chance of winning this election at this point. Hold on to that 10%, its gonna recede fast.
Cindy McCain thinks she is running for something! Those three (McCains/Palin) are so out of touch, so entitled in their own minds, and so not what our country needs ,now or ever. Keep working everyone-our country and Obama can't loose this election.
Polls mean nothing.
It's all about GOTV
dEMOBRAT 6:46 – check out Gallup Daily Tracking or fivethirtyeight.com
take another valium and call us on Nov. 6th.
Well done "That One".
His ground game is INCREDIBLE. Visit the battleground, meet the volunteers, check the organizational skills.
This is distributed leadership at its finest ever in a political campaign.
Believe this "a Change is gonna come in 4 weeks"
Doggone it, we ain't gonna have no Sarah Palin, and no John McCain neither. You betcha!
Like or not MCShame/McPalin or all Repugs starting next November 5th you need to get use to "That One" the President Elect/President "Obama".
This is most unpresidential comment ever heard in US Political History. "That one" is not an average Joe, he is the Presidential Candidate of a Major Political Party....
McCain!! Put your country first and support Obama for president. I thought you said you wanted CHANGE>
darnit, dag nabbit,
You know... I'm starting to feel all that respect i'd lost for America pour back again!!
Looks like you guys CAN make a good decision. When the republicans arent involved
Support for Obama/Biden is on the rise here in Virginia, especially in Hampton Roads.
Navy Veterans for Obama/Biden – Warner!
America will change soon.
i know this is off topic, but thank god we didn't privatize social security like bush wanted to. then this financial crisis would be a real nightmare.
This is just the start. A lot of people had their preconceived notions about who these guys are, but the more people get to know Obama ... and the more they get to know McCain ... the better it will be for Obama. (Has everyone read the article on the Rolling Stone website about McCain? It's a must read!) This is besides the fact that Obama's policies are far better for most Americans. I understand that there is still the race factor, but I would like to think that most Americans are more reasonable than to let that be the basis for their vote .... particularly when the country is in so much trouble. By election day, it shouldn't even be close.
@ JIMMY FROM SALT LAKE CITY UT:
HOPE UTAH TURNS A NICE SHADE OF ........PURPLE THIS ELECTION!
Until this past weekend, I was undecided. But when the John McCain/Palin/Cindy McCain ticket started insinuating that Obama was a terrorist sympathizer they lost my vote and my respect.
These attacks are perfect "red meat" for the Republican base but poison to me, an Independant , looking for leadership and answers.
Obama's lead is slipping fast! I do not blame the GOP for the new smear/fear tactics. I blame the American public for buying it.
Hey CNN, why not report that mccain referred to the group of people in PN as my fellow prisoners, and never missed a beat. He is senile.
And cindy referring to Obama not funding the troops, her husband voted against a bill to fund the troops also.
Do anyone know who the fat girl is on the stage with the mccains.
Looking at your explanation of how the polls are conducted leads me to believe that you shouldn't be calling it "poll of polls" and very skeptical on accuracy.
No wonder Obama is leading. McCain hasn't humiliated himself enough with Palin. Now, he has to add Cindy to the mix. Is this supposed to make McCain look more like a tough guy? I don't think so.
Democrats and all those who support the Obama/Biden ticket must not be fooled by the polls. There is still much work to do between now and November 4th to get everyone registered and out to vote. Obama has a good chance of winning this election, but we must be DISCIPLINED and DILIGENT in making sure these last few weeks count. So, keep your head down, keep talking to your friends, family members and neighbors about Obama and Biden, and keep everyone focused on the end goal – making Barack Obama the 44th President of the United States.