October 10th, 2008

Bush: U.S. government will work to resolve crisis

President Bush worked to calm American's fears Friday.
President Bush worked to calm American's fears Friday.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – President Bush said Friday that the U.S. government will continue to work to resolve the economic crisis, which he said is being made worse by anxiety and fear.

Watch: Anxiety worses crisis, Pres. Bush says

"Over the past few days, we have witnessed a startling drop in the stock market," he said in the Rose Garden. "Much of it is driven by uncertainty and fear."

He added, "We will continue to act and resolve this crisis."

Filed under: President Bush
  1. Christina

The absolute worst president in American history! The world can't wait for January. I still can't understand why we never had this man impeached!

October 10, 2008 11:09 am at 11:09 am |
  2. A chicken clucks in Johns yard

Its time for George Bush and Dick Cheney to step down and resign for the good of the country and the stock market.I will invest right away if they do so.

October 10, 2008 11:09 am at 11:09 am |
  3. Steve A. , New Braunfels , Texas

This is the American peoples reaction to the bailout, no more investing, hoard your money, If I won the mega-million dollor lotery I still woudn't put one penny in the stock market, it's a matter of principle. Obama 08-, let it fall........

October 10, 2008 11:09 am at 11:09 am |
  4. Ohio for MCCAIN

»McCain/Palin=the RIGHT Presidential Ticket/Team.Of course.

October 10, 2008 11:10 am at 11:10 am |
  5. Enough

Noah
    Pull your head out of Fox News butt. It is because of the people that you support that we are in this mess. George Bush has screwed up this country to the point it may never recover. The terrorists could not have even dreamed of doing as much. I am sitting here watching the retirement fund that I have put money into for the past 30 years dissappear. My bank has already failed. I have 2 kids and wonder what the hell kind of mess we are leaving for them. And all you can do is whine about liberals. You make me sick

October 10, 2008 11:11 am at 11:11 am |
  6. james

SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE !!!!!! --Go home to Crawford- I hear they`re heating up the tar and plucking chicken feathers. -- Hurry up now --

October 10, 2008 11:11 am at 11:11 am |
  7. Tony

Liberals are the BIGGEST sore losers. You morons would blame George Bush for your dog getting run over at this point.

This isn't really a news story, just another forum for people to bash on Bush because they bought a house they can't afford. Yes, the economic dilemma is all THEIR fault, not yours. You were just trying to buy a how you couldn't pay for, what's wrong with that? And you were able to get a mortgage that you couldn't afford because Bill Clinton forced banks to lower their lending standards. But this is all Bush's fault because the president controls the economy. Thank God the president doesn't actually, but you'd all like an excuse for running up your credit card debit because you can't properly budget for that flat screen TV you couldn't wait for - and you probably forget to get HD service while you were at it.

October 10, 2008 11:12 am at 11:12 am |