(CNN) – Pennsylvania may be slipping from John McCain’s grasp, but the Republican nominee is keeping the race close in the neighboring battleground state of Ohio – a state that no successful GOP presidential contender has failed to win.
CNN's new Ohio poll of polls shows Barack Obama leading McCain by three points, 49 to 46 percent. Five percent of the state’s voters were unsure about their presidential pick.
The network’s last Ohio poll of polls, released October 9, showed Obama leading McCain by four points, 50 to 46 percent. In the September 21 poll of polls, Obama led McCain by a single point, 47 to 46 percent.
Republican VP nominee Sarah Palin is slated to stop in Ohio Sunday - the third time on the past week week the GOP ticket has visited the state.
Map the candidates' path through the swing states with CNN's Election Tracker
The Ohio general election "poll of polls" consists of four surveys: Ohio Newspaper Poll/University of Cincinnati (October 4-8), ARG (October 4-7), CNN/Time/ORC (October 3-6) and ABC/Washington Post (October 3-5). The poll of polls does not have a sampling error.
Palin abused power and has several current and recent links with extreme right wing secessionists ... and McCain gaining a point in your BS "poll of polls" of Ohio is headline news. Quick, get CNN some Ritalin!
Sorry to burst your bubble Brett in NC, but mstran is an idiot!
TO ALL OHIANS :
ARE YOU BETTER OFF NOW THAN YOU WERE 8 YEAR AGO?
I KNOW THAT YOUR ANSWER IS, NO NO NO !
VOTE OBAMA / BIDEN
FROM BLUE STATE FLORIDAAAAAAAAAA WITH LOVE !
I don't care if teh race has anything to do. But here are my reasons to vote for Obama:
1. Obama has the right credentials. Ivy League university graduate (Columbia nad Harvard) and has a lot more not only academically to provide, but also to provide intellectually. – Don't see anything McCain has to even come close.
2. Is a lawyer and understands the ligislations. – McCain sits on both sides of the fence.
3. Was the first black president of Harvard law school, McCain has nothing to substantiate against that.
4. Is truthful. Look at factcheck.org and see how much McCain lies and twists the truth.
5. Had an African-American dad with a White-American mom and was raised, after dad's death, by a single mom. McCain did never struggle.
6. Married for life. Married twice and talks about religion. Bible condemns multiple marriages (unless on the ground of death or fornication).
7. Understands diversity. Understands how to divide with his lies.
8. Obama got Biden for his VP candidate. Biden is widely respected and knows much more than McCain, Sarah, Gingrich together. McCain got into politics Sarah Palin who does not have the knowledge of world geography of a 10 year old (Alaska is 583 miles far from Russian border, not seen from behind her windows – and that does not make her a foreign relations expert).
9. Obama knows the economy very well. I understand Obama more because I studied economics and finance a lot at the university. McCain sits on both sides of the fence. Does not have any knowledge and has empty head regarding economy.
10. Obama voted against Iraq war adn he was right. McCain voted for Iraq war and said that it'd not take long before victory. More than 4000 US soldiers lost their lives, more than 79000 soldiers injured, more that 250000 soldiers were tired, more than 91000 soldiers have been having mental issues due to the Iraq war, more than one million families have been affected by this war directly, over $3 billion of spending per week (only operational costs for the war alone) – we could use it to support our own economy.
11. Whole world loves Obama because of his honesty. Whole world hates McCain because of his arrogance.
12. If Obama is elected, possibility of a terrorist attack in American soil will be less (according to public polls because Republicans, aka GWB, made America very vulnerable). If McCain wins, trust me, America will go down to dogs.
Come on McCain supporters, are you still not convinced?
Bush says there is a lot of work to do before leaving office. MY GOD. With McCain and Sister Barracuda doing all they are doing without being in office and all Bush has done in office, I think they should all take 100 days off. The economy couldn't do any worst than it has done with Bush steering it.
GIVE US A BREAK. GO ON VACATION BUSH. MAYBE GO HUNTING WITH CHANEY.
mstran comment is a typical McCain Campaign ghost writer. Did you know they had them?
People think before you vote...Palin cannot offer this country anything.
Time called her administration amatureish. That is not what we need in the White House.
Time and time again she has proven to be an out right liar. How can McCain be different than Bush when the very people running his campaign are the same ones that ran Bush's. Especially those that do the awful swift boat attacks that McCain once condemned. So don't tell me about standing up for what you believe in, because McCain sure doesn't.
im trying to find people out there, anywhere, that are friends of obamas that are not:
If there are any people out there that know obama well enough to say that he is NOT any of these things, then please let us know who you are and what your relationship is with obama. otherwise we will have NO choice but to think that he is all of the above.
I just read your posting. Clear that you are paid for by McCain. You got almost everyone of their talking points into that list you posted. Strange when I try to post a long comment it gets filtered. The fact that most of what McCain is now saying is exactly what Obama said weeks ago.
But better late than never. At least they cut the raseist talk. McCain is really to nice and it was clear he did not feel comfortable with thoise addtacts but Palin sure looked like she was in her element.
But what to expect fromj a person that is
GUILTY OF ABUSING THE POWER OF HER OFFICE.
MCBUSH HAS LOST THE RACE.
NOW IS JUST A QUESTION OF
HOW MUCH OF A SLEAZE HE
WILL BE REMEMBERED AS.
MY THINKING JUST AS MUCH
AS BUSH & MAYBE MORE.
McCain is the mastermind of all lies. Don't listen to this liar.
mstran, you never were for Obama, you have been for MCSAME before. AND YOU SAID YOU READ HIS PLAN. THEN HOW IS SHIPPING JOBS AND GIVING CORPORATE TAX BREAKS TO COMPANIES TO GO OVERSEAS GOING TO EMPLOY PEOPLE HERE, YOU ARE A MORON.. !!! OBAMA IS THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM AND CREATE GOOD JOBS HERE!!
What's wrong with Ohio???? I mean come on guys!!!
In light of what came out in the news this past week about Governor Sarah Palin, that being, the Ethics Committee in Alaska has found that she did abuse her power at the state level, I don't see how the American voters can entrust her with even more power. Trust issues + lack of experience = A disaster.
THERE IS NOTHING MCGREED HASN'T DONE,
TO WIN THE ELECTION EXCEPT THINK AND
BEHAVE AS THE HONORABLE HERO HE HAS
ATTEMPTED TO SELL ALL THESE YEARS,
BUT AS WITH THE KEATING FIVE, WHEN PUSH
COMES TO SHOVE THE MAVERICK BECOMES JUST A
SIDEKICK & WILL FOREVER BE REMEMBERED AS SUCH.
At this point, Obama doesn't even need Ohio to win nor Florida
I am sure Goebels is laughing from hell, on success of his ideology that by constant lying, you can turn any lie into truth. So let us see what McCain think is working.
1. Obama is an Arab (The only Arab presidential candidate is Ralph Nader)
2. Obama is a Muslim because his middle name is muslim. (the only Muslim congressman is someone with a perfect anglo-saxon name i.e. Keith Ellison har har)
3. Obama is "palin" with terrorist. The terrorist referred is an anti-war hippie who is a professor at a university and the "palin" is being on the board of a charitable organization where that crackpot is also a board member.
4. Obama will raise taxes on common man (since McCain is a multi millionaire, someone drawing a 250,000 will be a common man. haha)
5. Obama will raise taxes on small businesses. (Again, a business whose owner draws a salary of 250,000 is a small business for McCain
... lies goes on and on.
EVERYONE IS SAYING OHIO AGAIN. WHAT YOU FAIL TO UNDERSTAND IS MCSAME IS LOOSING IN FLORIDA, WEST VIRGINIA, VIRGINIA AND NORTH CAROLINA, ALL STATES WON BY BUSH AND HE HAS TO WIN ALL OF THEM AND OHIO EVEN TO HAVE A CHANCE. JUST WINNING OHIO WILL NOT BE ENOUGH AND RIGHT NOW HE IS BEHIND BY ATLEAST THREE, IF NOT MORE, AND BUSH WAS AHEAD AT THIS TIME IN 2004. GOOD LUCK!, I WILL BE OUT IN FORCE PREVENTING A REPEAT OF 2000 AND 2004. FOOTSOLDIERS FOR OBAMA ARE A FORCE TO DEAL WITH..
How incredible that anyone still supports the Republican ticket even now after Palin was found to have abused her power as Governor, and to have violated ethics laws in Alaska. Some people are clearly not planning to vote on real issues if they're comfortable having her so close to the Presidency.
I think the money to pay for the health care could come from
a) reduce the profit of the drug companies
b) reduce the profit of the insurance companies
c) increase the efficiency of the medical records systems
I admire CNN for making the 1% point a news item. Dems should not get comfy and complacent about Obama's polls, but get out and vote. Vote early. Do not accept a provisional vote which aren't always counted, make sure your vote counts, double check to see if you are registered.
McCain is the worst presidential candidate I have ever seen. His crowds are filled with racist people and crazy people that are yell hateful words.
We need a leader like Obama that can create peace between the American People and that can help us work together instead of fighting each other.
We all need to fix what Bush messed up and the only way we can do that is if we all work together.
Obama Biden '08
I don't understand people who claim the Democratic congress had anything to do with the current economy. Republicans implemented supply-side economics when Bush took office in 2000 and controlled the Executive and legislative branches for over 6 years.
Democrats finally won a slight majority in congress and split the Senate – not enough of a majority to get anything changed. They cannot override Bush's veto so nothing has changed. Bush's Voodoo economics continue to pull our economy down so you're not fooling anybody by claiming the Democrats changed anything. McCain will continue to do the same as Bush.
The polls are NOT giving a true picture. NO ONE I know or have talked to thinks that Obama will win. In fact most people think McCain will win by a landslide. Polls are NOT the be all or end all....people are saying what they "think" the polsters want to hear not exactly what they REALLY think. Once they are in the voting booth, I believe it will be a different story! Rural PA is notoriously Democratic, but they don't like Obama. Play it however you want in the media...it is not what really people are thinking!
Why has this been your lead story on the Ticker most of the day? WOW a one point change.
Sometimes I'm amazed at how close the race still is, but then I recall how folks were misled 4 and 8 years, and then I see that 24% still give George Bush favorable ratings.
I think we've seen enough plagues to figure out that there's a spiritual message out there that requires a political as well as social response: care for each other and care for each other or perish.