October 13th, 2008

Palin mistakenly scolds her own supporters

Palin stumped in traditionally-red Virginia Monday.
Palin stumped in traditionally-red Virginia Monday.

RICHMOND, Virginia (CNN) – Sarah Palin mistakenly reprimanded her own supporters at an outdoor rally in Richmond on Friday after they started yelling that they couldn’t hear the candidate.

Palin was in the midst of blaming predatory lenders for the nationwide mortgage crisis when a large group of supporters in the rear of the crowd began demanding that someone turn up the volume on the event’s speakers.

They chanted “Louder! Louder!” in unison, drawing the attention of other audience members, who began chanting “Sarah! Sarah!”

The vice presidential candidate apparently mistook them for some of the anti-war protesters that have disrupted some of her previous events.

“I would hope at least that those protestors have the courage and the honor of thanking our veterans for giving them the right to protest,” Palin told them, drawing a roar from the crowd.

She then returned to her speech.

“We’re going to walk with those who are under the wrong mortgage and get them a fixed rate mortgage that will help them keep their homes,” she said.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Proud American

Palin is so prorammed that she reacts without thinking out the situation. God help US all if she gets into office.

October 13, 2008 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  2. Ann

One day, 2 gaffes – Nor-fork and scolding her own supporters. Might as well stick a fork into her. She's done. If she gets elected, America is done.

October 13, 2008 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  3. The Truth

Please interview her some more. She's hilarious!!!!

Let her get all Mavericky!!!

October 13, 2008 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  4. NM4OBAMA

She gives smart women a bad name. She is so scripted. Nothing orignal. When it isn't scripted she makes a fool out of herself. Well I guess even when it is scripted too. GO OBAMA!

October 13, 2008 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  5. Melissa

Wow... lipstick on a pig is right. This woman is not capable of being a VP.

October 13, 2008 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  6. judy, Wisconsin

Thanks, CNN, for going over the report this afternoon on the abuse of power report. I hope you'll repeat that in the coming days. If Obama had done this it would be news all week, all day long. This woman and her husband are dangerous–why isn't the press demanding more access to them so the public can decide what they know about the real issues?

October 13, 2008 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  7. jack

palin sucks

October 13, 2008 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  8. Republican Voting OBAMA

I am Voting for Barack Obama this woman is a joke and McCain lost my vote.

October 13, 2008 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  9. No McPain

This crazy woman is so filled with hate – an attack is her auto-pilot reaction to everything.

October 13, 2008 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  10. Kim

You are all WRONG! I'd be very careful....you don't mess with God's annointed!

October 13, 2008 05:57 pm at 5:57 pm |
  11. jack

What a Dodo.

First she just spits out pre-programed political speak when asked any questions.

Then she tries to incite violence by giving false witness against her neighbor.

Now she can't even tell what audience they have placed her in front of!

God help us all if this dumb chick gets elected.

Jack IN Ohio

October 13, 2008 05:57 pm at 5:57 pm |
  12. Melissa

Wow... lipstick on a pig is right. This woman is not capable of being a VP.

October 13, 2008 05:57 pm at 5:57 pm |
  13. Sherry for Obama

Shes dumber than a box of rocks......

Praise God that Obama will be the next president of the United States

McCain /Palin party is out of touch with main stream America

October 13, 2008 05:57 pm at 5:57 pm |
  14. Kate

Why don't McSame and Caribou Barbie close up shop already? They are wasting money.

October 13, 2008 05:58 pm at 5:58 pm |
  15. naive

She is dumbest politician I have ever seen . The sad part is , she is on a presidential ticket , of the greatest , most strongest nation in the world . I could not believe after Katie couric interview , how she still allowed to be the tiket .?
    She has no opinion of her own .
    She is one who abused the power , and now blaming obama of "paling with terrorist ", such a disgrace on america .

Enough of her , we should not allow this.

-An independent leaning to Obama .

October 13, 2008 05:58 pm at 5:58 pm |
  16. Erika M. NYC

Under the wrong mortgage?? For all the accusations of Socialism being thrown at the Democrats, the GOP ticket seems to be riding that wagon too. Unless fraud can be proven for the mortgage, it should NOT be revalued. Why in the world should people like myself who took mortgages for what they could afford and didn't max out the appreciation on my home have my tax dollars go towards bailing people out who made greedy decisions??? I do believe in level playing fields but the fact of the matter is that MANY people made poor choices with regards to their mortgages. You know how much you can afford. I personally know people who took risks with their money by banking on the appreciation of their property- which is only realized when you sell. I don't think I should have to pay the price for people who took out home equity loans and now they're in foreclosure because the value of their property went down. I don't think I should have to pay the price for people who took out ARMS instead of a reliable 30 yr fixed. I've been wanting to remodel my closets but I can't afford it- maybe I should take out an equity loan that I can't afford and let the Government bail me out....

October 13, 2008 05:58 pm at 5:58 pm |
  17. Darrell

Who is turning up at these events ? She sounds like a broken record with a malfunctioning squelch.She has said nothing new,she repeats every place she go's and that gets pretty bad when it is all about lies and stupid remarks about Obama.Worse is her and McCain have no solutions EVER.It is all about we will do this and that but they NEVER go into detail about the what,where,when, and how parts.Reminds me of McCains speech where he will cut taxes where he can and fix the economy and that was the depth of it.I would like to give them a fair chance but they are absolutley hollow.Obama tells the listeners what the idea is and how it will be done.It is not always perfect but it gives you a understanding of what he wants to do.McCain never explains just like the idiotic ramble in debate about buying everyones mortgage.It took days before someone could explian that.I don't know how anyone could support nothing and that is what you get with McCain and Palin.OK you could reward McCain for his fifty years in Government or reward republicans for a wonderful past eight years

October 13, 2008 05:58 pm at 5:58 pm |
  18. American for obama------

Ready..........Set.........attack

October 13, 2008 05:58 pm at 5:58 pm |
  19. Paul

Dumb candidate plus dumb crowd = I hope someone if filming this...

October 13, 2008 05:58 pm at 5:58 pm |
  20. Tony, Miami

This is the second time she is saying so and so are fighting to give us the right to protest, last time she mentionned her son fighting right now in Iraq to give us that right. I don't know something sound bizarre I genuinely thought the constitution gave us that right, may be I am wrong.

October 13, 2008 05:59 pm at 5:59 pm |
  21. MB CO.

Dear God help us if they get elected.

October 13, 2008 05:59 pm at 5:59 pm |
  22. Joyce in Florida

Palin is so pathetic. She needs to go back to Alaska and face the consequences of her abuse of power and her political career will probably be over. Of course, she is already heading that way and is doing a fine job (LOL).

October 13, 2008 05:59 pm at 5:59 pm |
  23. Cold

That's just funny... Very quick to jump to contusions ain't she?

October 13, 2008 05:59 pm at 5:59 pm |
  24. Dana Knight

This woman really is not bright...I mean come on people! You really have to ask yourself (if your a diehard McCain supporter) do I really want this moron running my country?

October 13, 2008 05:59 pm at 5:59 pm |
  25. Dan

"I would hope at least that those protestors have the courage and the honor of thanking our veterans for giving them the right to protest"

Thereby implying that anyone who protests is ungrateful. People fought and died for your right to protest, but if you invoke that right she'll call you unpatriotic! This lady was the death knell for the straight talk express.

October 13, 2008 05:59 pm at 5:59 pm |