October 15th, 2008

Biden remembers college arrest

Biden was arrested during college for entering an all women's dormitory.
Biden was arrested during college for entering an all women's dormitory.

ATHENS, Ohio (CNN) – Speaking to supporters near Ohio University's campus, Joe Biden said it was good to be back in Athens after visiting for a football game over 40 years ago. This time, however, chances are he’ll leave without getting arrested.

“I went to the University of Delaware and we came out here to play Ohio University,” said Biden. “The thing I loved about the university was that it was such a beautiful town and we all hung around out afterwards.”

“Now I made a little mistake here that day, I made a little mistake. I wandered in, I met this lovely group of Ohio University students,” he said to cheers from the crowd. “I thought that we were gonna go get something to eat.”

Biden recalled the two “young women I had met” told him they’d be right back. “I said well I’ll come with you, and they said okay, and I walked into their dormitory and was immediately accosted by a cop who arrested me because back in those days men were not allowed in women’s dormitories.”

“But I promise you I never breached the first floor and it was only a temporary detention. But that’s what I most remember about Athens. So folks look, it’s good to be back here.”

Filed under: Joe Biden
  1. Trang, Fremont, CA

How times has changed.

October 15, 2008 04:05 pm at 4:05 pm |
  2. jimmy you moron

why are you still talking about this.... let's be logical. Do you really think that dead people showed up with their id and voted? do you think a homeless guy took cigs to register and then came back later and voted? You are seriously stupid. who cares if people were registered that don't exist, THEY CAN'T VOTE!!! Good lord, you are a shining example of why we need to focus on education. The GOP base is either ignorant trash or old racists. I don't know to many people with college educations buying into your propeganda. What IS real is legitimate people not being able to vote because of republican red tape.

October 15, 2008 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  3. bill canada

issue #1 ; Bush and Saudi Arabia have close ties.
    issue #2 ; The USA gets most of its oil from OPEC. at a discount.
    issue #3 ; Obama says he will leave Iraq if elected.
    issue # 4 , Where will Obama get his oil?

October 15, 2008 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  4. FreeNLovIt

I am not voting for the McCain/Palin ticket, but I feel that McCain did the right thing by choosing Palin. Palin held the ground and propelled McCain to where he is now. Unfortunately, McCain did not carry his own weight. He made a BIG mistake when he acted un-presidential when the economy tanked.

Palin helped advance his cause, but he did not have the vision to move his campaign forward, to secure the independents.

Obama, what can I say about the man that beat my idol, Hillary. If the economy did not crash, Obama would have lost this election. Sorry, Hillary, perhaps, 2016. Your mother lived to be 90 years old. I guess you can be the female Reagan :)

October 15, 2008 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  5. jayel

Boys will be boys.. good one joe.

October 15, 2008 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  6. Sam

Can you spell youth vote??

October 15, 2008 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  7. ohio

hahahahahhaha JOE really honest person we all got arrested once in life time its just a boys thing

October 15, 2008 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |