October 15th, 2008

Obama: Palin qualifications up to American people

(CNN) – During Wednesday night’s presidential debate, Barack Obama ducked a question on whether or not he thought Sarah Palin is qualified to be president.

“That's going to be up to the American people,” Obama said. “I think that obviously she's capable politician. She has, I think, excited the base in the Republican Party and I think it's very commendable, the work she's done on behalf of special needs.”

Watch: McCain, Obama critique VPs

John McCain said he thinks Joe Biden, Obama’s running mate, is qualified to lead the country, but that he has been “wrong” on a variety of foreign policy issues. McCain said Biden voted against the first Gulf War and that he wanted to divide Iraq into three separate countries.

“There are several issues in which frankly Joe Biden and I openly and honestly disagree on national security policy,” McCain said. “And he's been wrong on the major ones.”

1. Barbara

Obama struck GOLD ON THAT COMMENT. Majority of Americians don't think Palin is qualified. Ot is a fact...she don't got the chops...she doesn't know anything.

October 15, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  2. Eric from California

I agree Senator Obama, and we have said with a commanding voice: SHE'S NOT QUALIFIED!

October 15, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  3. mark

Here's your fine – Zero (on health care)

Zero?? (mccain.. oh the priceless expression on his face)

Zero.

hahahha McCain's got this dumbfounded look on his face.. it's great

October 15, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  4. Alissa in Kansas

This American person thinks she's a disaster and would NEVER vote for a ticket she's on. As a woman I'm offended by her choice. I won't vote for just any woman!

October 15, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  5. Sherri

Sarah Palin is an insult to every woman in this country. Ignorant, mean spirited, uniformed and horribly unqualified. Never!!!

October 15, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  6. RB - Texas

Obama has never been south of the border????? What??????

He wants to talk about free trade and immigration and wants the Latino vote for but he has never been to a Latin American Country???????

I can not beleive it??????????????

Latinos Now For McCain

October 15, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  7. Southern Girl for Obama

Sarah Palin scares me. Secessionists sympathizers messed up my neck of the woods once. I don't want them to screw up the country!

8. DEE,North Carolina

McCain also referred to her as a "Breat of Fresh air,but quickly corrected it with breathe of fresh air.

9. Independent FL voter

She has qualifications?

10. Gerry Eramo

What can you say – one looks and acts like the future, the other looks and acts like the past. The choice is clearer than ever.

11. Christine CT

Interesting how McCain chose to slam Biden instead of validating Palin. He's disrespectful, that grin and his grunting are making me nervous.

12. Go Obama!

SHE IS NOT QUALIFIED!!!!!!!!!!!! Come ON! this is very annoying!!!!! This women is in NO WAY fit to be the commander and cheif PERIOD!

13. janforgoodusfuture

Most likely, McCain will drop as running mate her within a week....

14. Tim

And she is wolfully unqualified.

15. teddy

Though maybe it would have been better for Obama to duck the question, but I personally felt he should have flat out said no, not at all, it would have stunned the campaign...say no, then say she is a good politician, but not ready to lead this country.

16. Achille Salesh

She will be a Goog President a movie.
    Holliwood needs Palin.

17. Mary

Obama needs to stop McCain when he starts telling the audience what Obama believes. Argh.

18. David

McCain should have listened to Biden – several experts recommended dividing the nation among the three muslim sects. Does McCain really think the last 5 years in Iraq were successful???? Arrogant.

19. vic nashville,Tn

Obama took note from Hillary book on health care

7 months back he attack that

????????????????

Hillary 2012

I have to watch FOX after the debate it will be more fun
    Sorry CNN

20. Carole

OMG, she abused her power as Governor in Alaska – do we want another Dick Cheney in the form of Sarah Palin in the White House???

I can't imagine this woman sitting across from world leaders and telling them I don't like your question and I want to talk about ....wink, wink.

Reformer? She left the town of Wasilla $20 million in the hole and they were debt free when she took office. God help us all if she was our Vice President.

21. saint paul mn

ohhh the more i see mccain, the more faces he makes this is awful

NOW who looks presidential

old macsame is so ANGRY NOT EVEN CNN CAN HIDE THAT

he can not give one straight answer adn has not idea of numbers,
    he is yet to mention

numbers, or anything that makes sense

22. Janice Crowley

I DIDN'T HEAR MCCAIN SAY THAT PALIN IS READY TO BE COMMANDER AND CHIEF? MCCAIN DIDN'T ANSWER THE QUESTION, HE SAID HE'S JUST PROUD.

23. Still Looking Forward

Does anyone notice how hard McCain is trying to "look presidential". He is so stiff.

24. Cynthia; Bham

A Palin Vice Presidency scares the heck out of me. John McCain is 72 years old and has looks tonight like he could blow his stake and have a stroke at any minute. I don't want her a heartbeat away from thhe Presidency.

25. Former Republican voting for Obama/Biden

Palin is not qualified. The issue of Alaska Independence Party, abuse of power and ethics violations should have been brought up.

1 2 3