October 16th, 2008

CNN confirms: Sarah Palin to appear on SNL

With Gov. Palin appearing on this Saturday's SNL, who will Tina Fey play?'
With Gov. Palin appearing on this Saturday's SNL, who will Tina Fey play?'

(CNN) - Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin plans to appear on Saturday Night Live this weekend, multiple sources told CNN Thursday.

Saturday Night Live has featured opening skits in which former cast member and Palin lookalike Tina Fey portrays the Alaska governor. It was not known whether Fey also will appear on Saturday night's program.

The program airs at 11:30 p.m. ET.

Full story

Filed under: Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. James

Now we'll really see how much smarter Tina Fey is!

October 16, 2008 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |
  2. April

That is an appriorate place for jokes, I guess she found her calling.

October 16, 2008 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |
  3. NetteNAZ

WHY?????

It's only good when Tina Fey as "Sarah Palin" appears on SNL. Now she'll think we really like her.

I guess Tina Fey will be going Meet the Press on Sunday taking an interview in Sarah Palin's place. What a crazy world we live in.

Has Sarah Palin provided a singular coherent interview in the last 5 weeks???

October 16, 2008 10:11 pm at 10:11 pm |
  4. Tony, Miami

Which one of the Palin? the smart Tina Fey or the one who can see Russia from her window?

October 16, 2008 10:12 pm at 10:12 pm |
  5. johnrj08

SNL is doing this for one reason: ratings. Even though they've made Palin look like the Village Idiot, they cannot appear to be cruel to her on this show. The irony is that Palin is to dim to realize that the program has helped make her the laughingstock of the English speaking world. But, I guess, when you're a politician looking for free air-time, you do what you have to do, even if it means public humiliation. She'll probably do a skit where she shoots a donkey from a helicopter.

October 16, 2008 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  6. Spencer

If anything helps Palin, it will be appearing on SNL. Perfect opportunity for her to increase her likeability.

I guess I hate SNL again...

October 16, 2008 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  7. Phil in Toronto

Self deprecation really only works well when your persona is worthy. She is already a joke that is not funny.

October 16, 2008 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  8. HILLARY!!!

So that must mean she is qualified to be a T.V. producer, right?

October 16, 2008 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  9. Angry Citizen

BOO her out of there.

October 16, 2008 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  10. reggie

That's awesome! She'll be great!

October 16, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  11. (:

oh, im laughing already.
    i can't wait. :)

October 16, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  12. Poseiden

Great. She doesn't have to be on SNL to be the butt of jokes.

October 16, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  13. dave aikens

Just goes to show you that any one can fool most of us.
    trash

October 16, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  14. Justin

Tina Fey is a better Sarah Palin than Sarah Palin.

And by better, I mean smarter, funnier, and better looking.

This has train wreck written all over it.

October 16, 2008 10:16 pm at 10:16 pm |
  15. Anonymous

I think mccain should dump the real Sarah Palin and hire Tina Fey as Palin without telling anyone. Tina Fey is more prepared for VP than Sarah Palin

October 16, 2008 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  16. voter

tina fey does not need to show up. just give the lines that tina will read and sarah can deliever them. Palin is a joke.

October 16, 2008 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  17. Alice

groan!

I sure hope her appearance is short and sweet . . .

October 16, 2008 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  18. joe six oack

October 16, 2008 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  19. cheney=palin

===This country is a joke....she goes for SNL, but she can't do press.

October 16, 2008 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  20. linda from South Dakota

go for one of your last performances,, sarh,, enjoy the moment,,,,, cos that it folks!!!!!!!! shes history then,,,

October 16, 2008 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  21. go vote

I am begining to feel bad for her.
    Please respect her person in your posts.
    She is a victim of McCain's handler's and hasn't had the time to notice I suspect.

Bad Policies, Bad Stump Speaches, bad karma ... I don't believe in my heart she is a bad person. I honestly feel she just has bad judgement.

October 16, 2008 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  22. Wendy in NC

Oh Darn. I was really looking forward to SNL this week but I refuse to watch HER. She represents NOTHING about women and, in particular, Alaskan women. I know, I lived there for 16 years. What a bummer. I do love Tina Fey but I will not be watching this week.

October 16, 2008 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  23. mots

Palin better not trust SNL. They are so in the tank for the Democrats they will take any opportunity to make her look bad on live TV.

October 16, 2008 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  24. Steve A. , New Braunfels , Texas

I like Tena Fey better.

October 16, 2008 10:18 pm at 10:18 pm |
  25. Former Republican voting for Obama/Biden

Maybe Tina Fey will be Katie Couric and ask Palin some questions. Tina Fey should be the real VP for John McCain she is more qualified.

October 16, 2008 10:18 pm at 10:18 pm |