October 16th, 2008

CNN confirms: Sarah Palin to appear on SNL

With Gov. Palin appearing on this Saturday's SNL, who will Tina Fey play?'
With Gov. Palin appearing on this Saturday's SNL, who will Tina Fey play?'

(CNN) - Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin plans to appear on Saturday Night Live this weekend, multiple sources told CNN Thursday.

Saturday Night Live has featured opening skits in which former cast member and Palin lookalike Tina Fey portrays the Alaska governor. It was not known whether Fey also will appear on Saturday night's program.

The program airs at 11:30 p.m. ET.

Full story

Filed under: Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. KofTX

....Why am I even commenting?

October 16, 2008 10:53 pm at 10:53 pm |
  2. wakeupamerica

Say it isn't so Sarah! You can do SNL but not Meet the Press or any of the other political shows? Get a grip.

Obama/Biden '08

October 16, 2008 10:53 pm at 10:53 pm |
  3. Sharon, CO

I won't waste my Saturday night watching that. Palin is a hate-monger and a fraud. She deserves to be lampooned, not given a platform.

October 16, 2008 10:53 pm at 10:53 pm |
  4. anne

I will not soon forget that SNL let a hate-monger on their show. The show hasn't been funny for years. I guess they have to take anything they can get at this point as far as ratings go.

She is a joke just like Joe the Plumber who doesn't even have a real plumbing licence and owes back taxes is a joke. McCain's jokes are not funny and I'm as sick of him as I am of SNL.

October 16, 2008 10:53 pm at 10:53 pm |
  5. Amy

Well, at least Sarah won't have to act. She's got the silly answers all on her own...

October 16, 2008 10:54 pm at 10:54 pm |
  6. Val

I am not watching her!

October 16, 2008 10:54 pm at 10:54 pm |
  7. stef

I wouldn't give Sarah the time of day, she's the real joke. Who cares about her. She is the most annoying individual. I can't stand her.

October 16, 2008 10:54 pm at 10:54 pm |
  8. Knucklehead

I'll watch it. SNL is exactly where this train wreck belongs.

October 16, 2008 10:54 pm at 10:54 pm |
  9. Michael

Well, why not... she's proven to be a colossal joke, so it's a natural fit. She may as well try speaking in a situation where the IDEA is to get laughs. Should be safer for her.

October 16, 2008 10:55 pm at 10:55 pm |
  10. Juan Grain

I guess her first real interview has to be done somewhere, sometime!

October 16, 2008 10:55 pm at 10:55 pm |
  11. Ron was a REP now a DEM

If John McCain had a record he would have run on it. Instead lies and accusations smearing Obama. Obama is a smart man and has run a well planed campaign. America would benifit from his demeaner and judgement

October 16, 2008 10:55 pm at 10:55 pm |
  12. VA will go BLUE!!!!!!!!!

Hillary too appeared in SNL near the end of her campaign........

October 16, 2008 10:55 pm at 10:55 pm |
  13. Random Dude

I bet we wont know the difference...will the real Sarah PLease stand up ?

October 16, 2008 10:56 pm at 10:56 pm |
  14. WHAT?

Good...she'll be looking for work after she loses this election and is impeached in Alaska.

October 16, 2008 10:56 pm at 10:56 pm |
  15. Missouri

The Americans have a right to hear from the next person who could be a heartbeat away from being President of OUR COUNTRY.

Interviews are the way it is done, like it or not.

"Canned Speeches and Rally's" are NOT REAL.

NOT REAL is no way to determine if someone is qualified.

GET REAL FOR YOUR COUNTRY.

NO LIVE INTERVIEWS and NO VOTES by AMERICANS.

October 16, 2008 10:56 pm at 10:56 pm |
  16. Bodie

Unfortunately, I think she will probably do very well. Humanizing her is not in the Dems best interests. Are ratings so important to Lorne Michaels and NBC that they would risk the outcome of this most important election of our time? Apparently so.

October 16, 2008 10:56 pm at 10:56 pm |
  17. John

Awesome, that will be the most watched SNL! Go for it Palin. You're the best thing to come out of this election cycle!!!

October 16, 2008 10:56 pm at 10:56 pm |
  18. Simmy

P.P.S: Will all the mal-contents who delight in spewing out their venom against Sen Obama, please, please go back to Fix News and and voice your concerns? We like to keep positivity flowing here. And we believe in a democratic society. You know? TThank you.

October 16, 2008 10:56 pm at 10:56 pm |
  19. Darek

Great!!! We all love Palin! A true American!

October 16, 2008 10:56 pm at 10:56 pm |
  20. Shelley

I ALSO – WILL NOT BE WATCHING SNL!

October 16, 2008 10:57 pm at 10:57 pm |
  21. Sally in Oregon

invite Bill Ayers to join in

October 16, 2008 10:57 pm at 10:57 pm |
  22. Fed Up

RIP McCain Palin

October 16, 2008 10:57 pm at 10:57 pm |
  23. Texas Mom for Obama

Stop hiding Sarah and put her on Meet The Press! How about doing some real interviews, and answering some real questions. Anybody falling for this joke of a campaign is not informed or idiotic!

October 16, 2008 10:57 pm at 10:57 pm |
  24. Mark

SNL is Pathetic: Al Sharpton has already hosted SNL. Dec. 2003.

October 16, 2008 10:57 pm at 10:57 pm |
  25. Doug

Opps, why am I on the CNN site? I knew it was full of loons... oh, love Palin!

October 16, 2008 10:58 pm at 10:58 pm |