October 20th, 2008

Talking 'Moose' takes aim at McCain-Palin in new ad

CNN

Watch: In the latest MoveOn.org ad a talking moose takes aim at the McCain-Palin ticket.

(CNN)– A talking moose is the latest star of an anti-McCain-Palin ad put out by MoveOn.org Monday, taking aim at the Alaska governor’s experience and record.

“You really gotta question John McCain’s judgment pickin’ Sarah Palin as his VP,” the moose, which is mounted on a wall says.

Watch: A talking moose stars in a new ad

“We know her up here. She doesn't have any national security experience,” the moose says. “She can't even explain Bush's war policy. But she supports his war. And now she's an expert because she can see Russia?”

The 30-second spot, “Moose,” will literally follow Gov. Palin across the country as she campaigns for these final weeks.

According to MoveOn.org, the ad will air in towns and cities one day in advance of Palin’s scheduled appearances in those areas, beginning Monday in Las Vegas ahead of her Tuesday campaign stop.

Filed under: John McCain • MoveOn • Sarah Palin
  1. Obama for president

McCain proves bad judgment by chosing Palin!!

October 20, 2008 04:06 pm at 4:06 pm |
  2. Glenn in California

Hilarious. I love the fact that the ad will be following her around. That's too much.

On the SNL Weekend Update, I thought the funniest part was when Amy Poehler shot the moose. How approriate.

October 20, 2008 04:06 pm at 4:06 pm |
  3. Praetorian

I'm with Bullwinkle!!!
    When a political candidate sites–killing a moose as support regarding her preparedness for the 2nd highest post in our nation–it's time to "just say no".

October 20, 2008 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  4. Kish from Britain

Nice and hiliarious...............I love it especially the part that says it would literally follow her for the rest of the campaign weeks.........lol

October 20, 2008 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  5. former gop

Need to read the uneducated. Best way to do it is through a cartoon.

October 20, 2008 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  6. The Bluest Skies are in Seattle

Bring on some more of the same MoveOn.org this is tops.

October 20, 2008 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  7. White-African(born there) American Military BRAT

PLEASE PLAY IT IN FLORIDA!!!

WE LOVE A GOOD LAUGH!!

OBAMA/BIDEN '08 and '12

!!!!!!!!!!!VOTE FOR PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 20, 2008 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  8. Svanbasten, Atlanta

Excellent Ad from a Marketing stand point – may have the same effectiveness as the 3 AM red telephone ringing....

Fade away, McPain.

October 20, 2008 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  9. Joe from Mahwah, NJ

I agree. Even though this could be referred to as a negative ad, it has a good tinge of humor to it. The same cant be said for those robocalls, using a voice akin to the emergency broadcast network. That was just disgusting.

October 20, 2008 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  10. Cathy Agu

As a republican I am now voting Barack O Biden.

October 20, 2008 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  11. Bruce

When I read how Republicans try to support Palin it reminds me that there are still 25 % that think Bush is doiing a FINE JOB.

October 20, 2008 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  12. Cathy Agu

As a republican I am now voting Barack O Biden.

October 20, 2008 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  13. tulsa

lol... Republicans can't take a joke.
    Hmmm, so I wonder why they like Palin so much?
    Seriously, I know one die-hard Republican, otherwise a great guy, but he's so blinded by ideology that it took him 2 weeks to realize that the Colbert Report was satire!

October 20, 2008 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  14. ohio

Poor Moose was this killed by Palin too???

October 20, 2008 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  15. al in memphis

Two things every CLEAN campaign needs - facts and humor. This ad got both.
    THis is why some voters feel more comfortable with Obama, it isn't throwing out negative labels, like terriorist, socialist, racist, etc.–rather just criticize your opponents shortcomings.

October 20, 2008 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  16. John from SC

This is just too funny. True, and sad that it is true, but too dang funny.

October 20, 2008 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  17. Joe from Mahwah, NJ

October 20, 2008 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  18. just a gentle reminder

Can you imagine a President Palin addressing the country and trying to talk about the economic crisis?

very scary.

This woman is not capable of running a country. Our wallets would disappear, and the country would fall into a third world country status.

October 20, 2008 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  19. Happy in Arizona

Great Idea–a moose smarter than Palin. I love it. Republicans wake up and smell the coffee. McCain/Palin is more of the same–Bush, Bush, Bush.

October 20, 2008 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  20. Steve O

I wonder what happened on her hunting expedition for BigFoot, really forget about the moose it's Bigfoot she really wants to mount.
    She'll find a cozy place to hang his head and use his fur to trade for pom poms and a cheerleader outfit to yell for her Republican underdogs.

October 20, 2008 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  21. Ian Minneapolis, MN

Moveon.org is kind of stupid....I think they should stay out of ad campagning...I am a Obama supporter, but all this ad is doing is pissing people off.

October 20, 2008 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  22. S. Boatman

I Dont Question Mccains Judgement. . . . I Already Know Its Poor! Choosing Palin Solidified That For Me!

October 20, 2008 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  23. Doug R.

I heard Cheney, Palin, and the 'first dude' have a hunting trip planned.

October 20, 2008 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  24. to play the devil's advocate

You denounce her foreign policy experience.

Obama's foreign policy experience is a 2 week trip to Europe and Iraq...

nothing to brag about there...

October 20, 2008 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  25. Mike in IL

WOW... the DNC wonders why most americans do not take them serious!!!

It seems that over the last week McCain has been on the issues and Obama has been slinging MUD...

I guess Obama can waste all that donated money on stuff like this... keep sending all of that money to all the liberal progrmas (moveon.org, ACORN, etc.)... I am sure that some donors love to see their money used wisely!!!

October 20, 2008 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |