October 22nd, 2008

Obama shows off dance moves after Michelle talks 'smack'

CNN

Watch Obama on Ellen.

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) – Barack Obama lauded his wife Michelle at his evening event for being a better speaker than he is. Apparently she is also a better dancer.

The Democratic presidential nominee taped an appearance for the "Ellen DeGeneres Show" after his rally on a makeshift set behind the press filing tent. DeGeneres told Obama that when Michelle appeared on her show "she was talking some smack" about his dance "moves."

Standing in front of a few rows of supporters, Obama danced to James Brown's "Get Up Offa That Thing" much to the delight of the talk show host.

"Let me tell you that Michelle may be a better dancer. But I'm convinced I'm a better dancer than John McCain," Obama said.

Watch: Obama says he's a better dancer than McCain

Obama told DeGeneres that his daughters were opting for scary Halloween costumes this year. He said Sasha, the younger daughter, is planning to be a "corpse bride" and Malia will be an "evil fairy."

"I've got to admit they both look too cute. They're not scary enough for my taste," he said.

The segment will air on Wednesday.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Abby

Beautiful!!!

October 21, 2008 10:25 pm at 10:25 pm |
  2. Rich from KS

How could you not vote for this man? Is half of America crazy?

October 21, 2008 10:26 pm at 10:26 pm |
  3. Nina in Orlando

I can't wait to see O on Ellen!!

October 21, 2008 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  4. Tiff of lithia springs

OMG!!! I hope he is making and good victory dance. Be sure to hire a choreographer so all supporters can learn it.

October 21, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  5. Eugene

Let's jump on the voting machines in West Virginia and Florida that are switching Obama votes to McCain votes, and determine early where that programming is originating. Then we won't have a scary Halloween.

October 21, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  6. Kevin

McCain is too rusty.

October 21, 2008 10:30 pm at 10:30 pm |
  7. Dawn

Well he got spirit, you betcha! I quess McCain will inevible use this on his next stump!

Please get out there and vote! He is in my State of Pennsylvania. I just wish he just move back to one of his seven houses.!!!! Well he has a house!

Go Obama and show them you gots spunk!
    and Biden can you see Pennsylvania?

Obama/Biden 08/12

October 21, 2008 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |
  8. spawnjonez

October 21, 2008 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |
  9. mostlyharmless

I wonder how his dance moves size up against Bill Clinton? We need to know if Billy is a brother or not!!

October 21, 2008 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |
  10. tyme4chaing

I think Michelle got the better dance moves. The kids are cute. Both the girls should be fairies for halloween. Obama, can out dance McShame with his eyes closed.

Obama/Biden 2008

October 21, 2008 10:33 pm at 10:33 pm |
  11. Shirley in Jax

I can't wait for the Obama family to get into the White House! Those little girls are going to liven up the place.

October 21, 2008 10:34 pm at 10:34 pm |
  12. Bob

Nice interview with Palin today...made her look good
    CNN must not have received their kool-aid ration today...
    Obamabloggers pay attention....2 weeks til you have to find real jobs
    Joe the plumber won't be able to hire you (He'll be too busy paying higher taxes)...There's going to be a lot of hate speech in the unemployment line soon....lol
    So can Obama dance....We've already seen a lot of that....first time with a dance floor....

October 21, 2008 10:34 pm at 10:34 pm |
  13. Tom-jerry

C-e-l-e-b-e-r-e-t-y, indeed.

October 21, 2008 10:34 pm at 10:34 pm |
  14. Obama/Biden

Obama would also make a much better President than Mccain!
    Obama is going down in history as "that One", the one who changed the path America was taking which helped the world and democracy.
    The very thing Bush could not accomplish with his cowboy attitude and neither would Mccain.
    Obama/Biden 08

October 21, 2008 10:36 pm at 10:36 pm |
  15. Hope LV,NV

I lvoe Ellen. I will definately be watching.

October 21, 2008 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm |
  16. spawnjonez

I was there and I loved it. I had the chance to see barack and besides what he is doing or has done the truth of the matter is you have to be born a leader, and what palin and mcshame don't understand they also had on the job training everyone that works has been threw that. So to finish what I started Even john mclame followed obama with his change campain that he was using for a min did we forget A true leader obama/biden do what it do!!!!!!

October 21, 2008 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm |
  17. Palin's interview..

wow, she was rattling off a bunch of nothing today in the interview. The woman was babbling on and on because she didn't know anything. She was making up stuff as she talked! what a joke.

Sarah Palin has nerve to talk about who's going to be tested. At least other countries will take Barack more seriously than you, barracuda.

October 21, 2008 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm |
  18. Palin's interview..

OMG, she was rattling off a bunch of nothing today in the interview. The woman was babbling on and on because she didn't know anything. She was making up stuff as she talked! what a joke.

October 21, 2008 10:38 pm at 10:38 pm |
  19. Rich

I am at a lost. Why aren't Senator Clintons people backing Senator McCain. Senator Clinton questioned Obamas ability to lead during a crisis. Does anyone remember the 3 AM call. The same time Obama called his people to let them know he chose Biden over 18 million vote getter Senator Clinton. What a slap in the face and arrogance. Does anyone remember Biden questioning his experience in the primaries? Does anyone remember Senator Clinton questioning Obama's friend, Rev. Wright. Imagine a President who let his children sit in Rev. Wrights church each week and hear sermons of hate, racism, and anti-American themes.

October 21, 2008 10:40 pm at 10:40 pm |
  20. Tom

It must be heartbreaking...watching your dreams of becoming president being swept away while your opponent is dancing and having a good time.

(Can you hear the angry, bitter Republicans? "Ooooh, that Obama...our country is in economic turmoil, and he's dancing around with that gay talk show host...He makes me soooooo mad!")

October 21, 2008 10:40 pm at 10:40 pm |
  21. sandy

I love Barack Obama and just know he will be my next president and I can't wait. God Bless the USA and God Bless Barack Obama!

October 21, 2008 10:43 pm at 10:43 pm |
  22. vahe

hahahahahahahah

October 21, 2008 10:44 pm at 10:44 pm |
  23. ...

AHAH.
    I LOVE OBAMA. <3

please post cnn!

October 21, 2008 10:44 pm at 10:44 pm |
  24. ...

the thought of mccain dancing
    KILLS ME
    we dont want him breaking his hip.

October 21, 2008 10:45 pm at 10:45 pm |
  25. warren smith

the man is rounded to the tee
    in other words he really got it going on

October 21, 2008 10:46 pm at 10:46 pm |