October 22nd, 2008

Obama shows off dance moves after Michelle talks 'smack'

CNN

Watch Obama on Ellen.

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) – Barack Obama lauded his wife Michelle at his evening event for being a better speaker than he is. Apparently she is also a better dancer.

The Democratic presidential nominee taped an appearance for the "Ellen DeGeneres Show" after his rally on a makeshift set behind the press filing tent. DeGeneres told Obama that when Michelle appeared on her show "she was talking some smack" about his dance "moves."

Standing in front of a few rows of supporters, Obama danced to James Brown's "Get Up Offa That Thing" much to the delight of the talk show host.

"Let me tell you that Michelle may be a better dancer. But I'm convinced I'm a better dancer than John McCain," Obama said.

Watch: Obama says he's a better dancer than McCain

Obama told DeGeneres that his daughters were opting for scary Halloween costumes this year. He said Sasha, the younger daughter, is planning to be a "corpse bride" and Malia will be an "evil fairy."

"I've got to admit they both look too cute. They're not scary enough for my taste," he said.

The segment will air on Wednesday.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Scott Tucson

Why didn't Ellen questioned Obama about his early cocain use? In fact why have't CNN or any of the other news organizations have asked this question? So much for real journalism.

October 21, 2008 10:46 pm at 10:46 pm |
  2. C Shaw

I can not wait to see it!!!

Love Mr. Obama and I love his family

October 21, 2008 10:46 pm at 10:46 pm |
  3. Heather Jackson

If you live or were born in America you are a real American. Period. America is "one country for all" where we can practice and believe in what we want to. The thought that we are somehow divided by our beliefs defeats all that our country stands for, how un-american.

October 21, 2008 10:47 pm at 10:47 pm |
  4. Chipster

Palin is once again trying to avoid talking about real issues and is going on and on about Biden's comment that Obama, whom Biden is certain will be the next president, will be tested. Does Palin seriously think the next president will not soon be tested? Is this how out of touch with reality she really is? Every new president has been tested by our enemies – sometimes even by our allies! Of course, she's desperate to blow this non-issue into some sort of mud that might finally stick but this one won't either. Hey Palin! Let's talk about the economy, health care, SCHIP, veterans benefits, equal pay for equal work... Not interested? Go figure.

October 21, 2008 10:47 pm at 10:47 pm |
  5. Toya

Wow! Whata real guy he is!

October 21, 2008 10:49 pm at 10:49 pm |
  6. claudio de heredia

MEXICO is all for Obama, we cant believe how come Americans are still even talkin about it. It is such a no- brainer!!
    Claudio

October 21, 2008 10:52 pm at 10:52 pm |
  7. james in s.c.

i gotta see that!!!! lol

GO OBAMA-BIDEN 08

October 21, 2008 10:53 pm at 10:53 pm |
  8. Dawn

An all around President- that will be great.

October 21, 2008 10:53 pm at 10:53 pm |
  9. Brandi

We need to see the video!

October 21, 2008 10:54 pm at 10:54 pm |
  10. peter

I would like to see the dance contest between Obama and McCain.I will bet my money on McCain because not only will he win the but instead break his arm which will be excuse for him of not winning the election.

October 21, 2008 10:55 pm at 10:55 pm |
  11. David

How long before the McCainiacs make a point of saying that McCain would be a better dancer if he hadn't been tortured as a prisoner of war?

October 21, 2008 10:55 pm at 10:55 pm |
  12. Ivor Hull

I am impressed with the basketball skills of Obama and can't wait to see if his dancing is as good as Michelle boasts. Its always good to see the candidates having fun and displaying their talents instead of politiking.

October 21, 2008 10:56 pm at 10:56 pm |
  13. Mary

Those kids are adorable and the Obama's have kept them sheltered. Great parents.

October 21, 2008 10:56 pm at 10:56 pm |
  14. no way, no how no mccain, no palin

Palin should be added to culprits of the collapse with her shopping allowance of 175,000 in this economy!

No wonder they can't focus on the economy. She and Barbie CIndy are on a fashion spree...no wonder they are so dumb. Give Palin the role of VP at Neiman Marcus.

She is a true Elite. At least Obama has holes in his shoes and I see him wearing the same suits, tie and white shirts, blk shoe and brown shoes. Maybe a plaid blue shirt, jeans and a tan shirt? Relates to me, feels my pain more than MCPALINCINDYTODD!!!

October 21, 2008 10:58 pm at 10:58 pm |
  15. joe six pack

hey, anyone is a better dancer than McMummy. I have two left feet and compare to mccain I am sure I could win a dance competition

October 21, 2008 10:59 pm at 10:59 pm |
  16. MLH

You know, I LIKE this guy. In fact, I think I will vote for him for president. Oh wait – I already did! This Liberal doesn't hate America enough to give it four more years of the same.

Obama – '08

October 21, 2008 11:00 pm at 11:00 pm |
  17. Turnabout is fair play

There isn't enough oil in Iraq, Saudi Arabia, OR the US Strategic Oil Reserve to make McRusty limber enough to do his 1908 ancient ho-down..

October 21, 2008 11:00 pm at 11:00 pm |
  18. Ava

he danced on her show earlier this year. he was not that good. lol

October 21, 2008 11:01 pm at 11:01 pm |
  19. bernard

if you vote do not listen to anybody,listen to your heart.coz ur vote is important.

October 21, 2008 11:02 pm at 11:02 pm |
  20. CNN loves a horserace

CNN WHERE IS THE STORY ON PALIN CHARGING THE STATE OF ALASKA FOR HER DAUGHTERS' TRAVEL????????????????????

DO YOUR JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 21, 2008 11:03 pm at 11:03 pm |
  21. Sally in Oregon

Ba-Rock on Obama! All the way to the White House!

October 21, 2008 11:03 pm at 11:03 pm |
  22. bob

Never impressed by Palin!

October 21, 2008 11:04 pm at 11:04 pm |
  23. Vilma D'Souza

Can't wait to see President Obama and First Lady dance at the Inaugural Ball.

October 21, 2008 11:04 pm at 11:04 pm |
  24. Fred

Great, just what we need to fix our economy – dancing.

October 21, 2008 11:05 pm at 11:05 pm |
  25. Barbara - 65 yr old white female in NC

I just watched AC 360

Kids in this country cold and starving, and RNC took taxpayers money to buy clothes for the Gov. and her kids?

Socialism for the WEALTHY