October 22nd, 2008

Obama shows off dance moves after Michelle talks 'smack'

CNN

Watch Obama on Ellen.

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) – Barack Obama lauded his wife Michelle at his evening event for being a better speaker than he is. Apparently she is also a better dancer.

The Democratic presidential nominee taped an appearance for the "Ellen DeGeneres Show" after his rally on a makeshift set behind the press filing tent. DeGeneres told Obama that when Michelle appeared on her show "she was talking some smack" about his dance "moves."

Standing in front of a few rows of supporters, Obama danced to James Brown's "Get Up Offa That Thing" much to the delight of the talk show host.

"Let me tell you that Michelle may be a better dancer. But I'm convinced I'm a better dancer than John McCain," Obama said.

Watch: Obama says he's a better dancer than McCain

Obama told DeGeneres that his daughters were opting for scary Halloween costumes this year. He said Sasha, the younger daughter, is planning to be a "corpse bride" and Malia will be an "evil fairy."

"I've got to admit they both look too cute. They're not scary enough for my taste," he said.

The segment will air on Wednesday.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Mickie in PA

As Sen. Obama said during one of the debates, we get the government we deserve, and I sure pray people who are independent and even those republicans who are not extreme neocons, will vote for Sen. Obama. Sen. Obama's past has been hashed out ad nauseum by the media and the neocons, but the republican media won't touch McCain's sordid past. Yes, he served his Country and my husband was in Viet Nam, but he certainly isn't qualified to be President any more than McCain is. And Palin isn't qualified to be out by herself. McCain can parade his poor mother around all he wants to convince us of his longevity, but his mother wasn't tortured for 5 years as a POW. As a spouse of a Viet Nam vet, they all needed treatment for PTSD and I believe McCain still needs it.

October 22, 2008 09:30 am at 9:30 am |
  2. cool onlooker

Very cute move!

Loveable couple

October 22, 2008 09:30 am at 9:30 am |
  3. Ryan

How is this news. Please CNN report on something that has to do w/ his opinion on "spreading the wealth"...

October 22, 2008 09:30 am at 9:30 am |
  4. Laverne

The Obama's will make a great first family!

October 22, 2008 09:31 am at 9:31 am |
  5. REDNECKS LOVE OBAMA

Let's see McCain do the jitter bug...... never mind, he is too ERRATIC and UNSTABLE... he might start break dancing. I am very happy I VOTED for Obama!!!!!!

October 22, 2008 09:31 am at 9:31 am |
  6. Robert The Man

Hmm, I hope the Russians get to watch that one too. Then they will for sure know how weak our country will become with him president. Maybe Chavez will get a kick out of it too, and Osama, I wonder will he will make of it. Good job Democrats on setting up our country for failure, just remember IF he gets elected, this will all be on your hands.

October 22, 2008 09:31 am at 9:31 am |
  7. Anonymous

john mc cain isn't a champion

October 22, 2008 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  8. Female voter

Are the people gonna hear more about the GOP stealing the election like we heard about ACORN? This is serious and the people need to make the MSM like (CNN and MSNBC) be more responsible and inform the public about these types of issues instead of nonsense.

There is a repeat of the 2000 and 2004 voter suppression and purging of registrations going on in this election. If the MSM don't report and put and end to the madness Obama is going to lose.

Have your say people and make the MSM report about it. Kieth and Rachel, of MSNBC, has already started the crusade.

October 22, 2008 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  9. Brenda Morrisey

This is grotesque jounalism. On this page (if you want to call it an article) you have a cute little story about Michelle and Barack Obama dancing on Ellen, then on another you are lambasting Sarah Palin for taking her daughters with her to events. CNN is so one sided it's disgusting! Shameful, just shameful...

October 22, 2008 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  10. N.S of Huntsville, Al

Thats cute laughter is good for the soul!

October 22, 2008 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  11. Blue By You

Barack – just like you and me.

McCain – just a wanna be.

October 22, 2008 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  12. Dan from Philly

ATTENTION:

The 'Kool-Aid drinking' analogy is way old and lame.

Try getting a new thought in your head. You might like it!

October 22, 2008 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  13. The World for Obama

President Barack Obama

October 22, 2008 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  14. american gal

I will be out of town on business on election day so I voted yesterday. Straight ticket Democrat. Never done that before. I have a small business and I dream of grossing $250,000 a year. If I made more than that I would be glad to pay my fair share of taxes and health insurance to my employess. The Republicans are so out of touch with issues and nasty polictices with the Moslem and Obama is a terriorists was a decding factor. Then all the middle school antics of I'm a maverick, joe sixpack and joe the plumber, soccer mom sterotypes really prooved to me this party has no clue and if that is all they can come up with I will be on a sinking ship if I vote for them. Last but final thing was Sarah Palin. When I saw her on Newsweek with a rifle my blood ran cold. I thought if McCain chose someone like her -war hero knows nothing about the values of most Americans. Even Cheney would not have posed like that as creepy as he is.

October 22, 2008 09:33 am at 9:33 am |
  15. cris

Adam Jama says: "Hahaaa. Mcain you can't move your arms above your head forget about dancing. " of course he can't move his arms because of the injuries he suffered when he was a POW... Besides who cares about dancing? if Obama wants to show his moves he should go to dancing with the stars!!!

October 22, 2008 09:33 am at 9:33 am |
  16. jamison

This is a headline, what about Bidens smack the other night!!

October 22, 2008 09:33 am at 9:33 am |
  17. Lavita Turner

To Dusty:

I am sure you had a good time when Palin appeared on SNL. Why be so negative all the time? Stop hating.

October 22, 2008 09:34 am at 9:34 am |
  18. surprised???

why do people keep saying Mc c is a true hero and war whatever...he flew his mission got shot down and wham...became a prisoner of war....that's it pow....why so much?....what about the others who were there? I would call them the REAL HEROES.....as for family values.....extremely questionable judgement or plain cheater.
    Leader? no way, hero? no way

October 22, 2008 09:34 am at 9:34 am |
  19. Markus

Southerner-

You should try reading something other than Fox News or listening to Rush Limbaugh. There's nothing "scary" about Obama. The extreme right are just using fear-mongering and scare tactics to make people vote for them. It was the same with the last several elections. How many times did Bush, McCain, Rudy, or Dick remind us of terrorism and 9/11. True, these threats are real. But we are the United States of America, we should not fear these people. Our leaders should inspire us, not frighten us.

October 22, 2008 09:34 am at 9:34 am |
  20. Kool aid Drinkers?

What is this idea about Kool aid drinkers? What is that supposed to mean exactly? Man these McCain supports just keep getting better and better with these one liners it's hilarious.

October 22, 2008 09:35 am at 9:35 am |
  21. Rhiannon

That's awesome. People take everything to seriously, and that makes people miss out on a lot in life. I like that Obama doesn't take himself too seriously. It makes him human.

October 22, 2008 09:35 am at 9:35 am |
  22. Paula

To "Southerner":

You are gettig bogus info-check it out at snopes.com.
    For me, the scary idea is McCain and/or Palin close to the red button. She has already mentioned that we "may" have to go to war with Russia in an interview. Think we are having a difficult economy now? Try having 3 wars going.
    Vote Obama!

October 22, 2008 09:35 am at 9:35 am |
  23. Guesttt

I just wish people would stop bad mouthing the candidates and just shut up! You vote for whoever you want to vote for. Just let it go. Look at the issues, think abouttt who's better to run this country and just vote. Quit bad mouthing the candidates!! Doing so makes each candidate look bad and doesnt make them qualified to be our president.

October 22, 2008 09:36 am at 9:36 am |
  24. nate

HOPE not HATE. Its our time. Obama/Biden 08.

October 22, 2008 09:36 am at 9:36 am |