October 22nd, 2008

Palin: God will do the right thing on election day

Gov. Palin told James Dobson that God will do 'the right thing' on election day.

FINDLAY, Ohio (CNN) –- In an interview posted online Wednesday, Sarah Palin told Dr. James Dobson of “Focus on the Family” that she is confident God will do “the right thing for America” on Nov. 4.

Dobson asked the vice presidential hopeful if she is concerned about John McCain’s sagging poll numbers, but Palin stressed that she was “not discouraged at all.”

“To me, it motivates us, makes us work that much harder,” she told the influential Christian leader, whose radio show reaches millions of listeners daily. “And it also strengthens my faith because I know at the end of the day putting this in God’s hands, the right thing for America will be done, at the end of the day on Nov. 4.”

Dobson praised Palin's opposition to abortion rights, to which the governor affirmed that she is “hardcore pro-life.”

She said giving birth to her son Trig, who has Down syndrome, has given her the opportunity “to be walking the walk and not just talking the talk” in her long-standing opposition to abortion.

Dobson - who has never been warm to McCain - asked Palin if her “private conversations” with the GOP nominee had revealed a true commitment to the Republican party’s pro-life platform, which calls for a constitutional amendment banning abortions.

"I do, from the bottom of my heart," Palin assured Dobson. “John McCain is solidly there on those solid planks in our platform that build the right agenda for America.”

She also thanked her supporters - including Dobson, who said he and his wife were asking “for God’s intervention” on election day - for their prayers of support.

“It is that intercession that is so needed,” she said. “And so greatly appreciated. And I can feel it too, Dr. Dobson. I can feel the power of prayer, and that strength that is provided through our prayer warriors across this nation. And I so appreciate it.”

The interview was taped on Monday by phone while Palin was campaigning in Colorado Springs, where “Focus on the Family” is headquartered.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Joseph IRAQ WAR VET

Sarah have you ever considered that jesus is not rooting for you?
    I mean come on what do you think this is a beauty pagent?

October 22, 2008 11:50 am at 11:50 am |
  2. Tony in Mocksville NC

God will do the right thing on election day. The question is, will the people elect the right President? God won't be down here pulling the levers. He leaves the political nonsense up to us.

October 22, 2008 11:50 am at 11:50 am |
  3. Kt

for real? KEEP GOD OUT OF IT YOU RELIGIOUS FREAKS

4. Lisa P

Lightening bolt alert! Palin and McCain had better avoid open fields and utility poles on November 4 when God shows that He knows what and who's best for this country! :-D

5. C Red

Surely GOD is bi-partisan? Maybe God is a Dallas Cowboys fan too! Well ya know the Houston Oilers moved!!! I hear it all in TEXAS.......These people scare me with comments similar to extremist muslims. SERIUOSLY, I have always attended multiracial churches and this Us vs. Them view is alive in these churches as well. I continue to go because I like the preacher. As a black man I have grown a thick skin to these views. I take these issues on spiritually through Bible teachings. God is not your hammer, ignorance and fear are. I am not ignorant and far from afraid.

My message is don't hate those that hate you....If you pray, pray for them.

6. Wynter

I hope this race ends her "so-called" public service career in its tracks. Maybe some time in jail for her unethical behavior or a nice hefty civil lawsuit for wrongful termination will fix her right up. This woman is a loon that shouldn't be allowed to even continue being a Governor of a state!

7. WINK WINK

QUESTION FOR MCPALIN... EXCATLY WHEN DID GOD CONSULT YOU ON DOING ANYTHING?

SILLY WOMAN

8. Ted O. (Canada)

In response to Sarah Palin's comments that "God will do the right thing on November 4. This type of self rightousness and arrogance astounds. Does Ms Palin think that God only listens to Republicans, and not to Democrats? Believe me right now, a lot more Democrats, along with the rest of the world, myself included are praying twice as
    hard as the Republicans that this shameful duo of Mcshame & Palin
    do not get in. When Sarah makes accusations of Obama paling around with terrorists, she forgets the commandment.."Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor. Yes Sarah there is a just God,
    and he will send your circus act back to Alaska November 4. On November 5, I will wake up praising the LORD. God Bless America, and all the people intelligent enough not to fall for the Mcshame/Palin rope-a-dope!!!!!

9. Nishikant Sheorey

Wow, so not only is the US split into those who are pro-America and those who are anti-America, now apparently those pro-America people are God's chosen? I'm way past being insulted or even exasperated by this campaign, I just want it all to be over.

10. True Blue Ohio

God should not be politicized. Some things are sacred. Anyone who parades around a special needs child like a Prada bag, and uses her soon to be mom pregnant teenager as a poster child for her alleged family values. Clearly does not know the meaning of sacred.

11. Byrd

God rewards those that use their power to help others...not someone who uses the name of God to reciever power....Obama 08

12. Lorna, NY

Yes, God will do the right thing and send you back to Alaska and McCain back to Arizona where you belong. November 4th cannot come soon enough for me!

13. Donna, Brownstown MI

God surely will do the right thing election day – he will pull the lever for OBAMA/BIDEN.

14. Jason

This is scary. The present GOP is injecting far more religion than ever. The Founding Fathers started this country to avoid this. If people would just read back in history, they would realize that the GOP is destroying the simple basics of America!

15. Cleavette

I often wonder if Palin is really that stupid or is it just an act. To suggest that God would intervene on behalf of a political party is the talk of a moron. Instead of the RNC spending money on clothes for Palin, they should give all of it to some needy americans and then spend about $200.00 and have this idiot measured for a STRAIGHT JACKET

October 22, 2008 11:52 am at 11:52 am |
  16. Anonymous in CO

Yes, God will do the right thing for America and Obama will win!!!!

October 22, 2008 11:52 am at 11:52 am |
  17. Steve in Coeur d'Alene

And the meltdown of the McCain/Palin campaign continues!! You go gal!!

October 22, 2008 11:52 am at 11:52 am |
  18. America demands answers

God gave us our minds to think and choose right, God gave same choice to ADAM AND EVE...The chose wrong...Its laid before us now...Joshua said "choose for urselfves this day" Elijah said" who is on the Lord's side...
    John in revelations also point out...All liars shall have their part in the lake of fire...
    Choose the truth and not consistent lies...choose Obama/Biden the right choice for America.
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

October 22, 2008 11:52 am at 11:52 am |
  19. Noah

WIll God be on the ballot this year? That maybe McCains only shot...McCain/ Almighty may squeek by like Bushy did in 2000

October 22, 2008 11:52 am at 11:52 am |
  20. gord g

i watched palin on cnn after 1 min i did not have a clue what she talking about be glad when they send her back to alaska she is clueless

October 22, 2008 11:52 am at 11:52 am |