October 23rd, 2008

Palin: Obama will 'invite danger' if elected

ALT TEXT

Palin campaigned in Ohio Thursday (AP PHOTO)

TROY, Ohio (CNN) - – Sarah Palin on Thursday warned Ohioans that the Democratic ticket will "invite dangerous international crisis" if elected and gleefully mocked Barack Obama for dismissing his running mate Joe Biden as being prone to "rhetorical flourishes."

At a press conference in Virginia on Wednesday, Obama made the comment while defending Biden for saying at a fundraiser, "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy" - a statement the McCain campaign has seized on to highlight Obama's relative lack of national security experience.

Palin asserted that yesterday's "hastily" assembled press conference in Richmond, in which the Democratic nominee was flanked by 15 of his top national security advisers, should remind voters of "how Obama handles trouble."

"Here his own running mate has just warned America - and it's not the first time - he warned us throughout the primaries that Barack was not ready to be president," Palin said. "He reminded them that the election of Barack Obama will invite dangerous international crisis because he is untested. And Barack just brushes it off as rhetorical flourish."

"I question dismissing Joe Biden's moment of truth-telling as nothing more than a social embarrassment," she pressed on. "Sen. Obama's own running mate, the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, has informed us that a serious international crisis is certain if Obama is elected and that he is not ready to deal with it."

In fact, Biden did not say Obama "is not ready" to handle a national security crisis, but rather that Obama will need his supporters to stand with him as tough decisions are made.

Rounding out her criticism of Obama, Palin pledged that McCain has the experience to keep America safe.

"Now at least Joe and I have found some common ground, finally," she said. "We found common ground because I too want a president who's been tested. What I want is a president who spent 22 years in uniform defending our country."

1. No $150,000 publicly funded wardrobe here!

Wow, didn't Dick Cheney say we would get attacked if a Democrat was elected? Same old party line.

October 23, 2008 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  2. jimmy

Investment capital money and wealth moving out of the country as Obama leads in the polls.? Go figure it our.

October 23, 2008 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  3. lindapuma

Better than McCain who will INSTIGATE DANGER!

October 23, 2008 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  4. REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

OBAMA WILL TAX AND SPEND

October 23, 2008 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  5. think this through

The only reason that 95% + of people benifit from Obama's plan is because over 35% do not pay taxes and will get a free check for doing nothing. So he is essence buying that presidency by getting all these people to vote in order to get the free money.

It is a smart winning strategy, however it is not right and I am shocked not 1 person in the media is calling him out on it (that I have heard of anyway)

October 23, 2008 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  6. Elizabeth in Texas

Ugh, this woman is awful.

I voted early today for Obama/Biden in Dallas, TX.

This woman is a drag and so negative I cannot stand it anymore. She talks about her faith but I see no evidence of it in her character.

October 23, 2008 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  7. KS

Any new president will be tested. All McCain has proved is that he lacks the right judgment to handle a crisis. He is by far the more dangerous of the two candidates, and I truly believe our foes will be more apt to 'test' him because of it.

October 23, 2008 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  8. John, Tampa, FL

Folks,
    I am not scared of Obama, I am scared of McCain. Obama is the safe choice because he along with Biden will know what to do. It seems like Palin and McCain don't like each other and would be loss in a crisis.

October 23, 2008 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  9. Reality Check Richmond Virginia

man, she is such a nutjob.

October 23, 2008 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  10. Keith

Sarah, please go back up to Alaska so we don't have to hear any more of you. November 4th cannot come soon enough!

October 23, 2008 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  11. ALM

I really feel sorry for her two young children who didn't ask to be dragged across the country. Why are they not in school? You very rarely see the Obama children dragged out for a photo op.

October 23, 2008 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  12. Elizabeth in Texas

This woman is a psycho.

October 23, 2008 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  13. Bulldog

We had George Bush and Dick Cheney along with a Republican controlled congress for 6 years. They have done great damage to the United States and most Americans are feeling it wether in their pocketbooks or family members affected by the wars we are in. Darn right the Republicans need to go. As an independent I have it up to here with the GOP and their name calling and lies. I will be voting all Democrat with my vote because I am sick to my stomach with the GOP and their damaging ideologies. They must go!

October 23, 2008 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  14. Jason

I believe that Palin does not know what rhetorical flourishes means. Good thing Barack used those big words first. Someone should ask her to use those words in a sentence. I'd pay money to see her answer!

October 23, 2008 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  15. mike (not that one)

Soooooo.... vote for McCain or we all die???

October 23, 2008 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  16. Red, Red WHINE!!

And Palin will invite Secessionism and Abuse of Power if elected.

I'll take the guy that likes 95% of american rather then dude that only cares about 5% of it. I'll take Obama in a heart beat over the fear mongering, incompetent, rotten sack of flesh, aka McCain!

October 23, 2008 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  17. AnnMM

Could the McCain/Palin campaign get any sleazier? Do they have anything to say besides rants of racist rhetoric, fearmongering and lies? I voted for McCain in the 2000 Republican primary, I WAS a registered Republican back then but I wouldn't vote for him for dog-catcher today.

McCain has lost all dignity in his pitiful attempt to be President and I don't think Palin ever had any.

Shame on the two of you, SHAME!

October 23, 2008 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  18. Sue/PA

Fear tactics......Smear tactics....wont work this time....not this year.

Dont go away mad..just go away!!!!

McCain and you have run a very dis-honorable campaign..a dis-service to the American people and it will follow you where ever you go.

October 23, 2008 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  19. megan

But Palin, if McCain dies....and we have YOU...now that's scarry!!

October 23, 2008 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  20. Stop Electing Dumb People ‘08

Please, make it stop. No one deserves 4 yaars of this nonsense, not even if they are asking for it.

October 23, 2008 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  21. 37-year-old First Time Voter

This woman is beyond stupid. She totally mangled Biden's words. He DID NOT say Obama "is not ready." It's amazing what these two desperate doofuses would say just to get ahead....sad

October 23, 2008 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  22. Mike D

SARAH, YOU ARE UNFIT AND UNPREPARED TO EVER BE PRESIDENT! YOU WOULD HAPPILY RUIN THIS COUNTRY AND WINK AND SMILE WHILE YOU RUIN OUR LIVES WORSE THAN BUSH HAS ALREADY DONE.

October 23, 2008 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  23. Jim Schimmer

HAHA! That from a woman who does not no jack abt leadership.

Ethics violations, firing illegally, taking family on trips and the correcting expenses, $160,000 on clothes, inciting hate and racism, wife of guy who wants Alaska to secede!, don't know what a VP does, agress with Barack's pakistan stance, disagrees with McSame's robo calls, reads everything infront of her, sees Russia from her balcony...

GOD, u really think we are that STUPID!!

October 23, 2008 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  24. Bea

the politics of fear...Bush used it in 2004...Palin, please stop scaring voters into voting for you.

October 23, 2008 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  25. vic fern

I have lost all respect for Sarah Palin... She is smary, hypocritical, and despicable person. McCain showed he has no leadership skills by selecting this moron as his VP.

October 23, 2008 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |