October 23rd, 2008

Palin: Obama will 'invite danger' if elected

ALT TEXT

Palin campaigned in Ohio Thursday (AP PHOTO)

TROY, Ohio (CNN) - – Sarah Palin on Thursday warned Ohioans that the Democratic ticket will "invite dangerous international crisis" if elected and gleefully mocked Barack Obama for dismissing his running mate Joe Biden as being prone to "rhetorical flourishes."

At a press conference in Virginia on Wednesday, Obama made the comment while defending Biden for saying at a fundraiser, "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy" - a statement the McCain campaign has seized on to highlight Obama's relative lack of national security experience.

Palin asserted that yesterday's "hastily" assembled press conference in Richmond, in which the Democratic nominee was flanked by 15 of his top national security advisers, should remind voters of "how Obama handles trouble."

"Here his own running mate has just warned America - and it's not the first time - he warned us throughout the primaries that Barack was not ready to be president," Palin said. "He reminded them that the election of Barack Obama will invite dangerous international crisis because he is untested. And Barack just brushes it off as rhetorical flourish."

"I question dismissing Joe Biden's moment of truth-telling as nothing more than a social embarrassment," she pressed on. "Sen. Obama's own running mate, the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, has informed us that a serious international crisis is certain if Obama is elected and that he is not ready to deal with it."

In fact, Biden did not say Obama "is not ready" to handle a national security crisis, but rather that Obama will need his supporters to stand with him as tough decisions are made.

Rounding out her criticism of Obama, Palin pledged that McCain has the experience to keep America safe.

"Now at least Joe and I have found some common ground, finally," she said. "We found common ground because I too want a president who's been tested. What I want is a president who spent 22 years in uniform defending our country."

1. DeMj

How can you already be test if you haven't been the president of the USA?

2. Deb

I will only feel danger if a 72 year old man wins the White House and his replacement is named Sara Palin. That America is a very scary thought...the epitomy of danger!

3. NB

Only one thing to say Shut Up

4. AJ

NO. HE WILL STAY AWAY FROM YOU PALIN..

5. Nancy

It is amazing to me that anonymous's outrageous and mentally ill comments were published on here but mine aren't. He calls all Obama lovers sick? Is he blind as to what McCain and Palin have been promoting for weeks?? LIES and HATRED! They have behaved atrociously!

6. Susan, California

No, I think she is confused. Kind of like when she grants an interview. She attempts to answer the questions, loses her train of thought, and mutters a sentence to nowhere. What she means is that she would invite danger if McCain were elected and then became incapacitated while in office, and then she had to take over the office of President.

7. Michelle

I agree Pam spare America from having to listen to this dumbo or watching her much longer,
    She can ride back to Alaska on her moose and take the rest of the Viper party with her so we dont have to listen to the venom they spew any longer
    Go Obama-Biden 08

8. NotreDame

I don't know what is more lame and offensive: the posters who call Palin names as if they were 12 year olds fighting over a ball in the playground, or CNN for publishing their comments.

9. Palin Makes Me Sick

What type of Christian does she call herself. I am sick of this...

10. Oak Brook, IL

Gosh...if McCain wins, I will move back to my native country. I came to this country to be around smart people not stupid people such as Palin.

i voted for obama

11. Jim Doyle

Actually, it's John McKlan who invited the crisis when he chose Caribou Barbie. She's a walking, talking crisis.

12. Degrees of Separation

Most of the world hopes Obama gets elected!

What is with this fear mongering?! Seriously!? Its quite disturbing, and sad.

13. VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!

anonymous October 23rd, 2008 4:23 pm ET

You'd better listen to her, Pam, she knows exactly what she's talking about. Right now on the Druge Report, they are reporting that a McCain volunteer was attached viciously and a 'B' was carved in her face! You Nobama people are not only idiots, you're sick, sick, sick!

Your name is "anonymous" you call people sick because they support a candidate that wants real change in America and your voting for McCain? Now I understand why you chose the name "anonymous" I truly understand.

14. Mary

This woman continues to lie and is now declaring that our country will be weak under Obama. We will have the same military, the same citizens, we are a proud and capable country no matter who is in the White House.

Please, Ms. Palin, go back to Alaska.

15. Audrey in Austin

I voted yesterday and it felt GREAT!

Obama & Biden all the way!!!

16. Letsgetreal

So if we are talking about inexperience, where does that put this true blue knucklehead from Alaska? What a nightmare she is

17. jane in Columbus,ks

That's Sen Obama to you- you witless moron.And of course another lie exposed-it was NOT a hastily arranged news conference stupid.At least he has reasonable qualified people advising him.And your contribution to our foreign policy is that Putin flies over Alaskan airspace?

18. Jeremy

What the hell is she saying? That makes absolutely no sense at all. Obama is going to invite a crisis? What?

I really don't know why I'm surprised. Nothing Palin says makes ANY sense.

19. US Home of the Best

Actually Biden did say Obama was not ready tobe President, just not recently since Joe became his Baby Sitter, oops I mean his mouth, oops I mean his best Bud. Who knows why Joe would say what he said but , since I've been on this earth, we had Wars, and rumors of wars, famines earth quakes and Great so called deliverers, and here we are still going and we will still be here after Obama or Mcwhatever,
    so just vote hold on and go do your thing the world does not turn for anyone that is human. Just chill out and enjoy the day.

2012 :-)

20. Stephanie

When I look at Palin on TV, I just cringed...everytime I cringe....I know more than she does, and I'm more intelligent than she is.....I give better interviews with direct answers. Why didn't John McCain ask me to be his running mate as oppose to this dumb woman. I would be doing a better job or at least have him up in the polls

21. joseph

LOL...Sarah Freaking Palin. What a moron. Obama will invite danger? The only danger this country faces is letting someone like YOU be president. It lieterally makes me sick, like it does the majority of Americans. You are pathetic, and your smears do nothing but make you look like more of a fool than you already do. BYE BYE SARAH.

22. Dj

Correction Pam... it is 11 days, 9 hours, and 30 minutes...

If we are lucky they'll quiet her down some tomorrow when they interrogate her and Ken on that abuse of power issue.

October 23, 2008 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  23. LER

and this is from a woman who claims that the VP controls the Senate. give me a break.

October 23, 2008 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  24. Get Real

Call me a Liberal all day long... as JFK has said....

If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people — their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties — SOMEONE WHO BELIEVES WE CAN BREAK THROUGH THE STALEMATE AND SUSPICIONS THAT GRIP US IN OUR POLICIES ABROAD, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal."

October 23, 2008 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  25. The BOTTOM Line..........

HATE, HATE, HATE....Thats all they do! Ummm, can we deal with the issues?

October 23, 2008 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |