October 23rd, 2008

View co-host hitting the trail

Hasselbeck is set to hit the campaign trail.
Hasselbeck is set to hit the campaign trail.

(CNN) – Elizabeth Hasselbeck, the lone conservative on the daytime talk-show "The View," is set to campaign with Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin this weekend.

Hasselbeck, who often clashes with her co-hosts over the presidential election, said Thursday the Alaska governor had asked her to participate in a weekend rally in Florida.

"Governor Palin asked me to be with her this Sunday to introduce her at the rallies in Florida and I am more than honored to be there," Hasselbeck said. "So I will be flying there to travel with her and meet some pretty interesting people, I have a feeling. So that's an honor, I am excited to do it, and I'll have some stories on Monday."

Palin is set to campaign in Iowa, Indiana, and Florida this weekend.

Hasselbeck has engaged in repeated arguments with co-hosts Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, and Sherri Shepherd on-air over the presidential candidates, especially after the show's unexpectedly hard-hitting interview with John McCain last month.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Randy

Two losers don't make a winner!

October 23, 2008 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  2. ANDY DAAS

Two boneheads.

October 23, 2008 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  3. Sam

a new low for Elizabeth (who I otherwise happen to like...)

October 23, 2008 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  4. Joel Parkes

Looking forward to a stimulating and intellectual discourse between these two people.

5. Ed, Santa Fe NM

two idiots for the price of one!

6. Billy

Why does McCain always have women fighting his battle? And why do women fight for him given his record of voting against their issues?

7. Joe

My friends, John McCain is a hypocrite and Sarah Palin is a joke !

8. Shelby Y.

Stupid is as stupid does........

9. NIKI

they belond to the same bag.
    Whenever I watched the View I always wandered what was wrong with her
    Now I get it. She is a delusional Palin supporter.
    why is she even talking about this on the show any way?

10. Michael "C" Lorton, Virginia

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum........epitamy of Republican strategy. With a team like that........Obama could take a hiatus from the campaign trail.

11. gObama!

Dem for Pelosi...he's leaving on a plane for Hawaii right after the Indy rally. That's pretty disrespectful to question him on a subject like that.

12. Paula

Cheech and Chong. Duh

13. Jan, Knoxville, TN

Two narrow-minded women working together – disgusting!

14. Mike D

Old Man McCain's cheerleeders, hip hip hooray

15. gallimimus

I'm sure that will draw a bunch of votes for McCain. Good for Obama, this could hurt his campaign more than help. Way to go Sara, keep up the good work, being a drain on the campaign.

16. ST

Interesting. She has got to be the most annoying person on TV. I can't imagine a lot of people listening to anything Melissa has to say. She is the reason I stopped watching the view when I was home during the day.

17. ATR

One know-nothing to introduce another know-nothing. Neither one of them can think for themselves. Its talk points only.

18. Xavier, Saint Louis, Missouri

WHO CARES!!! She's an idiot just like clueless airhead Palin!

GOP,
    Less than two weeks away and this race will be over. Personally, I'm looking for a blow out landslide victory. McBush'c campaign is falling faster than AIG stocks! Sounds good to me!

YES WE CAN!

19. ret war vet from (BS) WAR

Who cares

20. james in s.c.

ahhh, i see, 2 airheads together at last, they're full of hot air we'll watch them float away...like back to alaska!!!

OBAMA-BIDEN 08

21. FreeNLovIt

McCain DID not CARRY his economic WEIGHT. This is why he is behind in the polls. He kicked off his economic message, tripped and he has been tripping ever since the ECONOMY crashed.

October 23, 2008 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  22. Matthew in Philadelphia

Good for Elizabeth. Will she be having the Governor on the show to answer questions?

October 23, 2008 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  23. Mistake

don't do it Elizabeth! it's a trap that you will never be able to shake. 4 or 8 years from now when she's running against somebody that you actually WANT TO SEE IN OFFICE, they will use your clips against you. don't do it.

October 23, 2008 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  24. Casey

Didn't they already kick her off the island?

October 23, 2008 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  25. Pam

Maybe Brittany Spears can join them.

October 23, 2008 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |